England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
Unbelievable! Pakistan just destroyed England! What a great effort of Pakistan. England was overclassed in all departments of the cricket.

Too bad Razzaq couldn't get the fastest ODI fifty. I really wished he could have got it. He was close. Afridi really batted sensible. A bit of disfortune he had to go out like that. Full credit to Akmal too. I didn't know he could be such a good opener.

This Pakistan has been playing good cricket since the ODI series in Australia. They're turning out to be a good quality team. And they have plenty of back up.

hondeyho said:
Sheesh! I'm just predicting the future :p, it hasn't actually happened *blushes*

Somewhere you were right. Anderson got hit today for 23 runs in an over.

England selectors need to scrab a bit in their head. Sending Hoggard home and letting Bell out of the first two ODI's. And now letting him play with the tailenders.

Next match will be on Monday 19th December. Too bad they didn't plan it in on Sunday, but I guess the teams need a bit of rest too.

Last edited:
WOW!!!

What a performance! With Razzaq batting like that, I called my friends at 4:00 AM EST, and they screamed at me to let them sleep, and when I told them Afridi was on strike, they got on their TVs :P . At 1 point, I had high hopes that we may be able to get very close to the 400 mark, but during the 47-50 overs, England bowled very well.

Dhoni said:
WOW!!! Pakistan just destroyed England team. Great knock by Kamran Akmal, that was his 2nd century of the series and good hitting in the end by Inzi bhai and Razzaq. There is no way England can win this ODI series.
There are still 2 games left.

Sureshot said:
There are still 2 games left.

Yes and the way we are playing right now we will get our arses kicked in them too.
I can not believe how much the performances have deteriorated since last summer.
I just hope some players don't think oh well we won the ashes and made a name for ourselves let's not bother anymore.
Perhaps the celebrity lifestyle is a bit more appealing than hard graft for some England players at the moment.
Take nothing away from Pakistan though they have been superb and some real stars have emerged from there team. I look forward to them visiting England next summer.

Yeh me too, when we can bowl bouncers and they do something instead of these dead tracks.

I don't think there's complacency, don't think Fletch would allow it.

i know all the pakistani fans are excited about razzaq and afridi but seriously you cant compare them with flintoff and kallis. even though i am from pakistan and support the pakistan team, i still know the difference between afridi,razzaq,flintoff, and kallis. afridi and razzaq are like a turbo boost that you can turn on at any point of the game. if they pass, you win if not you do what ever. but flintoff and kallis are like the backbones of there team like yousuf and inzamam of pakistan's. flintoff is not gonna hit sixes because he knows his team needs him out there.he will when its first inning and there are only a few overs left. and as far as bowling goes flintoff, i have to admit is better bowler than any pakistani bowler except shoaib but flintoff can compete with shoaib and maybe even win. he is that good.

in third odi in karachi i am in stadium and crowd is just about 40.000.no matter who is batting and who is bowling. karachi crowd are supporting both team.england is not in our home but they feel like we are home.just bcoz we are supporting england and pakistan both.but afridi is coming to bat,we always support afridi no matter who is oppenent.so afridi is batter than flintoff.he can turn around match in few seconds,just few seconds,just few seconds.........

holmie said:
i know all the pakistani fans are excited about razzaq and afridi but seriously you cant compare them with flintoff and kallis. even though i am from pakistan and support the pakistan team, i still know the difference between afridi,razzaq,flintoff, and kallis. afridi and razzaq are like a turbo boost that you can turn on at any point of the game. if they pass, you win if not you do what ever. but flintoff and kallis are like the backbones of there team like yousuf and inzamam of pakistan's. flintoff is not gonna hit sixes because he knows his team needs him out there.he will when its first inning and there are only a few overs left. and as far as bowling goes flintoff, i have to admit is better bowler than any pakistani bowler except shoaib but flintoff can compete with shoaib and maybe even win. he is that good.
i dot belive u from pakistan especially comapring akhtar and flintoff bowling. :cool:

i agree with that guy..... Razzaq can be compared with Kallis but with Flintoff, its 60-40 in favour of Flintoff... but i am sure if Razzaq keep on showing this type of performance on regular basis, then he may catch up with Flintoff. at the moment Flintoff has got some bowling advantage over Razzaq, Razzaq's bowling is not as good as it was when he entered in the team....
Afridi can't be compared with Kallis and Flintoff but still he is the most exciting player of Cricket and my favourite player too..... I would prefer to watch Afridi's batting instead of Razzaq, Flintoff and Kallis...

Users who are viewing this thread