England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
afridi118 said:
get ready indians
Yup, we are ready !
I agree with you that you guys are in terrific form at the moment but we are not in poor form either !
We`ve won 8 out of 11 matches against teams ranked No.2 when they came to India . We`ve beaten Sri Lanka and South Africa, both of whom are better ODI sides than England (with all due respect to England) .
Sri Lanka are dangerous when playing in the Sub Continent and we walloped them 6-1 . :clap
Also we may land on Pakistan soil as the No.2 tst side, just as England did.;)

We should all be set for a fabulous series ! For the first time in quite a few years, both India and Pakistan will go into a series in full form !

As regards to England in this series, they look absolutely demoralised after the test match defeat and the defeat in Game 3 will make them even more demoralised . :help
The main problem is that the English bowlers are bowling the same length as they bowl in England . The short length will not work on the subcontinent tracks and batsmen here will wallop you if the bowling is so .
If they continue bowling in the same way in India, do not expect any change in results .:noway
ATM England are looking down the barrel and at a possibility of having to play the preliminary qualifying tournament for the Champions trophy 2006.
Suddenly, the things are looking gloomy for the Ashes winners .:(

Last edited:
I agree with you aditya, the Indo-Pak series will be a pleasure to watch. The Karachi game was awesome not only because of the way Pak played but the crowd were chanting Strings' amazing single, 'Hai Koi Hum Jaisa'.

Beating teams at home is the easier part beating them away is hardest.

Well said on the length aditya, i'd like to See Ali in the next game as he pitches it up, like Jones, does we miss him so much.

afridi118 said:
get ready indians
We're ready! You Pakistani better watch out from Viru and my boy dhoni! Last time it was just 309 by Sehwag but this time it will be around 400 runs. Come on India!!! :)

HINDUSTAN ZINDIBAD!!!

Dhoni said:
We're ready! You Pakistani better watch out from Viru and my boy dhoni! Last time it was just 309 by Sehwag but this time it will be around 400 runs. Come on India!!! :)

HINDUSTAN ZINDIBAD!!!

dont act like dhoni can change the game in 10 balls. i can almost swear that he wont be able to play shoaibs yorkers. and as far as that viru goes. he was dropped several times when he made 309. dont ever expect any indian cricketer to ever beat brian lara's record. i dont care if you bring Gavaskar back.

holmie said:
dont act like dhoni can change the game in 10 balls. i can almost swear that he wont be able to play shoaibs yorkers. and as far as that viru goes. he was dropped several times when he made 309. dont ever expect any indian cricketer to ever beat brian lara's record. i dont care if you bring Gavaskar back.

To hit sixes is mad ez for dhoni. WHy wouldnt dhoni wont b able to play shoaibs yorkers when Sehwag hit four and six ezily and smoothly man. GO Dhoni and INDIA!!!!
And i know Lara is great player but dont say anythin bad abt Gavaskar atleast pakistani cant break his record..... YEAH

holmie said:
Ok buddy we'll see how he plays Shoiab yorkers then! And, please don't make excuses that he was dropped several times. So what if he was dropped few times! But he still made those 309 though. And, fielding, bowling and batting are part of the game and that day Pakistan didn't play well enough to get him out. Why did they drop those catches then? It sounds like a true Pakistani is speaking here for his team and country. :D

Last edited:
plz move all this india-pakistan talk outta here.. 3 more matches remain in this series....

I can't see how we're going to stop you guy's from winning the series 4-1. The player's are knackered, out of form and Pakistan are on fire, I can only see one outcome. We may aswell chuck Kabir Ali in for Jimmy Anderson, still very much a spray gun.

I'm sure Pakistan is going to win the series, in the next match itself.
Btw, no updates on the v-bookie event for the third ODI?

I am waiting for the vBookie update also. Because I want to vote for the next ODI if that bet will placed.

stevie said:
I can't see how we're going to stop you guy's from winning the series 4-1. The player's are knackered, out of form and Pakistan are on fire, I can only see one outcome. We may aswell chuck Kabir Ali in for Jimmy Anderson, still very much a spray gun.
Come on man! Don't lose your hopes. Its cricket and anything can happen. Remember last time Pakistan toured India and India won the first two ODIs. It was looking like India was going to win the series quite easily, but it didn't happen. Pakistan came back strongly and won the 6 matches series 4-2. I believe England still can bounce back and probably win this series.

I'd love it if we came back from this, but I can't see where a couple of big performances are going to come from after the battering we've taken. Also look at our last overseas ODI series, we started supurbly against South Africa and managed to lose 4-1!

Users who are viewing this thread