England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
Ah but we didn't have Freddie then. One of the best if not the best ODI player out there.

Dhoni said:
Ok buddy we'll see how he plays Shoiab yorkers then! And, please don't make excuses that he was dropped several times. So what if he was dropped few times! But he still made those 309 though. And, fielding, bowling and batting are part of the game and that day Pakistan didn't play well enough to get him out. Why did they drop those catches then? It sounds like a true Pakistani is speaking here for his team and country. :D

cricket by chance so no body can predict what will happen. but i m sure shoaib will bowl way better than the last time. he got his yorkers and bouncers back. soi think iether indian players nor pakistani should be overhyped. i think dravid may be capable of making 300 or may be sewag again. but i dont think dhoti has a chance of getting an even 100. may be he get 50 at most. we will see when the action begin.

mohsinshahzad84 said:
cricket by chance so no body can predict what will happen. but i m sure shoaib will bowl way better than the last time. he got his yorkers and bouncers back. soi think iether indian players nor pakistani should be overhyped. i think dravid may be capable of making 300 or may be sewag again. but i dont think dhoti has a chance of getting an even 100. may be he get 50 at most. we will see when the action begin.
Why can't Dhoni make 100? Have you ever seen him playing? Don't you know he scored 148 against your team when they came to India and 183* against Sri Lanka in ODI.

Mr. Dhoni is a little biased, but his point is accurate. Some very terrible batsmen have scored hundreds. Dhoni is not a terrible batsman.

Not gloomy, sun not risen yet

aditya123 said:
Yup, we are ready !
I agree with you that you guys are in terrific form at the moment but we are not in poor form either !
We`ve won 8 out of 11 matches against teams ranked No.2 when they came to India . We`ve beaten Sri Lanka and South Africa, both of whom are better ODI sides than England (with all due respect to England) .
Sri Lanka are dangerous when playing in the Sub Continent and we walloped them 6-1 . :clap
Also we may land on Pakistan soil as the No.2 tst side, just as England did.;)

We should all be set for a fabulous series ! For the first time in quite a few years, both India and Pakistan will go into a series in full form !

As regards to England in this series, they look absolutely demoralised after the test match defeat and the defeat in Game 3 will make them even more demoralised . :help
The main problem is that the English bowlers are bowling the same length as they bowl in England . The short length will not work on the subcontinent tracks and batsmen here will wallop you if the bowling is so .
If they continue bowling in the same way in India, do not expect any change in results .:noway
ATM England are looking down the barrel and at a possibility of having to play the preliminary qualifying tournament for the Champions trophy 2006.
Suddenly, the things are looking gloomy for the Ashes winners .:(

OOps, mis-posted my last reply.
England played out of their skin in the Ashes series (and Oz were poor) but before that only rolled over poor or averagely achieving sides. They rarely can compete in ODIs.
Their middle order is still in transition and they lack a world class spinner (sorry Ash, you're fab but merely a fine professional). No Simon Jones made the difference in Pakistan. Also some very fine bowling by Shoaib and Danish and batting by Inzy and Kamran Akmal and others.
Pakistan for the World Cup!!!

angryangy said:
Mr. Dhoni is a little biased, but his point is accurate. Some very terrible batsmen have scored hundreds. Dhoni is not a terrible batsman.
So, you're trying to say Dhoni is a terrible batsman? w.e. I agree he doesn't have that good technique. He has his own style of batting, but as far as I know he can face Murli and Vaas and if he can face those world class blowers then he should not have any problems facing Pakistani bowlers.

Guys lets get back on topic (Eng VS Pak) and leave the speculations and discussion regarding the Pak-India series for the time to come.

I reckon lack of preparation costed them the test series. This could be due to hangover of ashes victory. They were extremely well prepared to take on Aussies in the ashes. So hope that series against Ind will be like ashes because Eng have time to prepare for it.

cricket doctor said:
I reckon lack of preparation costed them the test series. This could be due to hangover of ashes victory. They were extremely well prepared to take on Aussies in the ashes. So hope that series against Ind will be like ashes because Eng have time to prepare for it.
Another theory: The Aussies were in terrible form, and England didn't have to be that great to beat them. Now, the Pakistanis are in great form, and the Brits were taken by suprise.

ZoraxDoom said:
Another theory: The Aussies were in terrible form, and England didn't have to be that great to beat them. Now, the Pakistanis are in great form, and the Brits were taken by suprise.
Ya this is also true.
Don't you think S.Jones would have made the difference in Pak with his ability to bowl exceptional reverse swing deliveries. I reckon he would have been more than handy.

ZoraxDoom said:
Very good point!

Some food for thought, the only players in Australian team to play county cricket were Shane Warne and Mike Hussey, Both owned:) England had been playing cricket all season.

langerrox said:
Some food for thought, the only players in Australian team to play county cricket were Shane Warne and Mike Hussey, Both owned:) England had been playing cricket all season.
I think England's lame performance in Pak is direct consequence of udnerestimating their opponenets. They should have known that Pak have match winners in their ranks. Players like afridi, akhtar and inzi can turn around any situation for their team. England were too busy marvelling their ashes heroics to worry about an emerging pakistani side.

Another point-
The chemistry between Inzi and Woolmer seems to be working pretty well. Most of the credit of Pak's success should go to Woolmer's mastermind because these were the same players who performed so badly against Ind last year because of team's internal politics and arguments. Now they are united,confident and performing exceptionally well.Good to see no particular team is on top of the world in test cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread