England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
JamesyJames3 said:
I take it you dont rate one of the two Andrew. Please enlighten us? which dont you rate, and how come?
Which two? Loudon is the only spinner mentioned in his post, Giles is a slow bowler who turns it occasionally.

His record in Pakistan last time was good or was that in India? You showed some stats earlier on. I think Loudon is a good replacement for Giles. More deadly bowler, and better batter.

Sureshot said:
His record in Pakistan last time was good or was that in India? You showed some stats earlier on. I think Loudon is a good replacement for Giles. More deadly bowler, and better batter.

I think Monty panesar should be included in the squad as well, his bowling stats in the 2005 county championship looks better then anyother spin bowler ( only english spin bowlers).

Looking at shoaib akthar's performance in the super series odi isnt a helpful for him. But he is still much betta bowler than most of the pace bowlers the current pak team has. In my opinion the tests should be a piece of cake for the english they probablly do a white wash but the odi's pakistan might do the white wash.

Indiangod said:
I think Monty panesar should be included in the squad as well, his bowling stats in the 2005 county championship looks better then anyother spin bowler ( only english spin bowlers).

Players in England teams have to be able to do more than one thing, Monty doesn't yet.

Indiangod said:
England should play with 2 spinners in India, as its spinn friendly pitches in India. I would have Giles and Louden.

Yeah, just ask Michael Clarke :eek:

I reckon it's all good and well to pick two spinners if they are deserving of their place, but no-one plays spin better than the Indians (I think they say Shane who in India ;) ), so if they aint up to scratch they still may go for plenty.

Kevin is currently suffering from hamstring injury and i predict he will be fine for touring Pakistan

I also think it was cramp. He could even play the next match against Australia.

They've said there is a small tear in his hamstring. he's not in the test squad, and doubt he'll paly tomorrow.

I think England will win in Pakistan. I hope so anyway. They definetly have the momentum after beating Australia.

Going to get prepared for some earlier nights now so i can wake up for the matches without being tired.

Oh and the PCB have announced they will arrange a ODI match to raise funds for those affected by Saturdays horrific events.

Just seen it on Sky Sports News that Liam Plunkett has replaced Simon Jones in the test squad.

Kevin Pietersen has won ODI and emerging player of the year at the ICC awards.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread