England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
With Warne, its not just the spin. This man has the ability to outthink the batsman, and can pretty much make the batsman do what he wants. Apart from the Indians, he has been successful against everyone.

Like I said before, England did play the Pakistan spinners well during the last tour and were able to post good scores. So I do expect our current line of batters to get over the much hyped spin voodoo pretty quickly.

In the end its going to be a battle between the batsmen, as the pitches have lots of runs in them. Who scores more, wins!

Bob Woolmer, when asked about the hype that England will have trouble with the spin.

"I think that is a fallacy, it has been overplayed. They are international cricketers, if they come here or India they will be able to play it. I hear all this rubbish about them not being able to play spin but they are international cricketers. They will be able to play it."

It is good to hear he isn't underestimating the English. You can read the whole interview here:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/222635.html

I don't know why you would underestimate England. They will be out to prove they are the number 1 side.

Look, say whatever you want, i dont really care if we cant play spin. If we cant play spin and still beat the best in the world, who also have the world best spinner, thats good enough for me...

Mushtaq runs through Pakistan XI

Day 2/4

Pakistan XI 474/8 DEC (93 Overs)

Shoaib Malik : retired out 177 (217) FOUR SIXES

Younis Khan : c Taufeeq Umar b Mansoor Amjad 98 (110)

Kamran Akmal 20*

Rana Naved-ul-Hasan 12*

Mushtaq 32-3-173-4

Akhtar 20-4-63-1

Mansoor Amjad 17-1-108-1

Arshad Khan 8-0-25-1

Rest of Pakistan 193/3 (51.3 Overs)

Faisal Iqbal 85*

Misbah-ul-Haq 53*

Afridi 11-1-40-2

Sami 10-2-29-1

Not a bad FC match!

m_vaughan said:
With Warne, its not just the spin. This man has the ability to outthink the batsman, and can pretty much make the batsman do what he wants. Apart from the Indians, he has been successful against everyone.

Like I said before, England did play the Pakistan spinners well during the last tour and were able to post good scores. So I do expect our current line of batters to get over the much hyped spin voodoo pretty quickly.

In the end its going to be a battle between the batsmen, as the pitches have lots of runs in them. Who scores more, wins!

And it's not like spinners have beaten us in tests on a regular basis over the last 2/3 years.

Sureshot said:
And it's not like spinners have beaten us in tests on a regular basis over the last 2/3 years.
Actually in the Tour of Sri Lanka in 2003, England had a really tough time playing Muralitharan. But then not everyone is Muralitharan.

Besides I think the England A tour of the subcontinent, has helped players like Pietersen, Bell and Jones to have some idea of the conditions and the pitches there.

England are going to cane Pakistan. We have a better top and middle order and a better bowling attack. Aktatr and Sami or Flintoff andf Harmison, I know which I would pick without a doubt. Afridi poor just a one day slogger compared to our openers who made 2 century parterships against the Aussies there's no point debating it, Pietersen, Flintoff, Trescothick and Jones are going to hit the poor chjucking of Kaneira, Malik and Afridi out of the ground more times than Tendulkar has centuries.

England are No1

Come on

England are not number 1 yet... only beating Pakistan in Pakistan and beatng India in India will make them number 1 in my view.

Users who are viewing this thread