England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
Indiangod said:
England are not number 1 yet... only beating Pakistan in Pakistan and beatng India in India will make them number 1 in my view.
Nope. Beating the Aussies in Australia is the final and ultimate test. Both Pakistan and India are beatable. But the Aussies at home are a different force alltogether.

m_vaughan said:
Nope. Beating the Aussies in Australia is the final and ultimate test. Both Pakistan and India are beatable. But the Aussies at home are a different force alltogether.

Australia is the ultimate one as they have'nt lost a test series at home since 93, India's not easy to beat at home, how many times have the worlds best team Australia went to India and went back home losing?, many times. Since 1987 only Australia and South africa ( India had a weaker said agiansnt sa) have only won India in India. England had a better team then the 01 touring side and they lost 3-0 to a weak Indian side ( inexpierence). Spin wont work in India, as I say the 2 best spinners Warne and Murali has had horrible times in India. India will be a tough challange if Indias bowling and batting come in prime form.

Last edited:
aussie1st said:
Pietersen is a good player of spin anyway. Also Warne would have shown England what to expect.

:D Because the Pakistan spinners are so similar to Warne :rolleyes:

m_vaughan said:
and what about all those sixes that flintoff and pietersen hit during the ashes?
afidi has hit more sixes then both of the combined afridigot to his 100 in ind with 10 or 9 sixes or sumtin his fifty wit 5 ...i think ....and against west indies the fastest test centruy with .....ummmmmm lots of them........

pak and eng are evenly poised team right now while eng have an edge in test and pak in odi

Indiangod said:
England had a better team then the 01 touring side and they lost 3-0 to a weak Indian side ( inexpierence).

Lost 1-0 actually. Your telling me that a side that contained Das, Laxman, Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly, Sehwag, Kumble, Harbhajan Singh, Sarandeep Singh and Srinath was inexperienced? Our bowling attack comprised mostly of Hoggard, Flintoff, Dawson, White and Giles during that series and we did bloody well to lose just 1-0. Even then we built some good scores against that 'inexperienced' side. Then we tied the ODI series 3-3 I believe.

hassan17 said:
afidi has hit more sixes then both of the combined afridigot to his 100 in ind with 10 or 9 sixes or sumtin his fifty wit 5 ...i think ....and against west indies the fastest test centruy with .....ummmmmm lots of them........

pak and eng are evenly poised team right now while eng have an edge in test and pak in odi

One big difference between Afridi and the England pair is that, Flintoff and Pietersen are class players, Afridi is an out and out slogger.

stevie said:
Lost 1-0 actually. Your telling me that a side that contained Das, Laxman, Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly, Sehwag, Kumble, Harbhajan Singh, Sarandeep Singh and Srinath was inexperienced? Our bowling attack comprised mostly of Hoggard, Flintoff, Dawson, White and Giles during that series and we did bloody well to lose just 1-0. Even then we built some good scores against that 'inexperienced' side. Then we tied the ODI series 3-3 I believe.

One big difference between Afridi and the England pair is that, Flintoff and Pietersen are class players, Afridi is an out and out slogger.

I'm talkin about the 3-0 India win in 93 agaisnt England. not the 1-0 win in 01. India had some inexpierenced players playing then who was coming to International cricket while England had a quality side who was on rich form then.

Indiangod said:
I'm talkin about the 3-0 India win in 93 agaisnt England. not the 1-0 win in 01. India had some inexpierenced players playing then who was coming to International cricket while England had a quality side who was on rich form then.

ooops, good cock up on my part!

Mushtaq Ahmed included along with 5 other spinners for the England tour

Pakistan have recalled Mushtaq Ahmed as part of a group of five spinners included in their 16-man squad for the first two Tests against England.

Mushtaq hasn't played a Test for two years, but he faces competition from fellow-spinners Danish Kaneria and Arshad Khan, as well as allrounders Shoaib Malik and Shahid Afridi if he is to make his return. The squad also includes the fast-bowling duo of Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Sami, suggesting the selectors have yet to decide whether to go for a predominantly pace or spin attack for the first two Tests. Allrounder Abdul Razzaq isn't included in the squad as he has been told to rest his injured elbow for three to four weeks.

Mushtaq has played only three Tests since he last played against England, at Lahore in November 2000. He took 0 for 132 in the first innings while his spin partner Saqlain Mushtaq took 8 for 164.

The first of three Tests begins at Multan on November 16.

Pakistan squad Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt)
Arshad Khan
Asim Kamal
Danish Kaneria
Hassan Raza
Kamran Akmal (wk)
Mohammad Sami
Mohammad Yousuf
Mushtaq Ahmed
Rana Naved-ul-Hasan
Salman Butt
Shabbir Ahmed
Shahid Afridi
Shoaib Akhtar
Shoaib Malik
Younis Khan ( v-c )

Cricinfo

this is rubish pakistan havent won a series home or away in two years that speaks for itself

ZexyZahid said:
This is disappointing. Here is says doubtful, but I think there is a big chance Razzaq will not play in the first Test.

Razzaq doubtful for first Test
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakveng/content/story/223340.html

But this will give another person a chance to show his cricketing ability in the team of Pakistan.
No, it is a blessing in disguise. Razzaq has 77 wickets in 37 tests. He is not a test all rounder.

First Test Squad (mine)

I hope Pakistan keep this for the first test squad

1. Salman Butt
2. Shoaib Malik
3. Mohammad Yousuf
4. Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt)
5. Younis Khan (vc)
6. Kamran Akmal (wk)
7. Shahid Afridi
8. Mushtaq Ahmed
9. Danish Kaneria
10. Shoaib Akhtar
11. Rana Naved-ul-Hasan

anyway .. and y did PBC not add Imran farhat

1. Salman Butt
2. Imran Farhat
3. Shoaib Malik
4. Inzamam-ul-Haq (c)
5. M. Yousuf
6. Younis Khan
7. Kamran Akmal +
8. Shahid Afridi
9. Naved-ul-Hasan
10. Mushtaq Ahmed
11. Shoaib Akther

12th man - Danish Kaneria ( or Mushtaq Ahmed 12th man )

there no point of having 5 spinner in a team .... well even it sutes the pitch ... most of them are same kind of spinners .. i think they should be ok with

Afridi
Malik
Kaneria or Mushtaq

and imran farhat could bowls sometimes ...

-------------
guys that is just my point of Veiw

One big difference between Afridi and the England pair is that, Flintoff and Pietersen are class players, Afridi is an out and out slogger.[/QUOTE]

The only difference between Flintoff/Pietersen and Afridi is the fact that Afridi never defends and those two do. They maybe good but not class.

Last edited:
Umar Gul is the surprise omission in this squad. He is a good promise. I hope he will get a chance to play against England.

Users who are viewing this thread