England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
Well, he is right about it. As some guy mentioned, England can proclaim they are the best only if they keep beating other teams. Just like West Indies or Australia did.

ZexyZahid said:
As some guy mentioned, England can proclaim they are the best only if they keep beating other teams. Just like West Indies or Australia did.
That was probably me too! :D

If England can consistently beat teams in all conditions and in both forms of the game, then we can claim to be the best.

Woah there. I don't like this both forms of the game thing. Who cares if we never win an ODI again; test cricket is what matters...

barmyarmy said:
Woah there. I don't like this both forms of the game thing. Who cares if we never win an ODI again; test cricket is what matters...

Personally i find one day cricket predictable and dull beyond belief.

Test cricket is the ultimate, i think that's why they called it 'Test cricket' ;)

dazza76 said:
Personally i find one day cricket predictable and dull beyond belief.

Dull?! You find ODIs dull? Test cricket is more dull, atleast for us Pakistanis. Can this ODI hatred be because England are not doing well in ODIs.

Not so much as I, and possibly Dazza, have been saying this for some time. i.e. when England were rubbish in tests as well!

UsmanCHADDA said:
Dull?! You find ODIs dull? Test cricket is more dull, atleast for us Pakistanis. Can this ODI hatred be because England are not doing well in ODIs.

Errr, no.

I too find test cricket far more interesting, ODI's are becoming predictable, especially in the middle part of the innings. Test cricket is far better.

UsmanCHADDA said:

Test cricket tests a players skill more than an ODI.

UsmanCHADDA said:

I just can not take to the one day game at all.
I find the majority of contests the epitome of tediousness and entirely predictable.
To construct a test match century with attacking fields is the ultimate achievement in cricket i feel.
I was gripped to every ball of the Ashes series and before that Englands series in South Africa. i have never felt like that about one day maches.
The last time i went to a one day game was to watch Yorkshire in the Tote sport league and i really struggled to keep my eyes open between the 15th and 40th over.
It definitely has nothing to do with the fact England are a mediocre one day team. I would take an Ashes series victory over a world cup victory any day.

Dont underestimate Pakistan they are a Lethal side in thier own back yard, and can destroy anyone on thier day, if the players get going. Pkaistan seems to getting stronger by they.

Pakistan no doubt should win the odis , but I would be supirsed if england does.
For tests I think its pakistan 2-0.

Indiangod said:
Dont underestimate Pakistan they are a Lethal side in thier own back yard, and can destroy anyone on thier day, if the players get going. Pkaistan seems to getting stronger by they.

Pakistan no doubt should win the odis , but I would be supirsed if england does.
For tests I think its pakistan 2-0.

What do you base your test prediction on?
Past series?
Present form?

man my first post after a while:::
England will suffer in pak. couz they dont have any bowler who is exceptionaly well out side England..or rather in sub-continent.They dont have a classy spin attack.Pak has more experienced batsmen of spin bowling.Then pak. has more exponents of reverse swing as they first develope this art.They have more classy spin attack which troubled Indian batting linup.English bowling linup jones,harmisan and flintoff are more useful in bouncy tracks and if they dont get those kind of pitches then we can expect adverse results.If hoggard bowls well with the new ball in early December morning then u can say there might be an EDGE To him or Gough.So hoggard and gough for me are key bowlers and S.jones to some extent.

While Akhtar,Sami they dont want bounce tracks every time, they will rather happy with the low bouncy tracks. For Akhtar watch 2002 NZ tour to pak where on dead docile pitches he single handedly broke kiwis and also AUS in colombo...
I will continue later with england Chances over PAk..

Users who are viewing this thread