England in the 90s

A genuine question to ask at this point is how can I spend this much time playing yet somehow get worse?[DOUBLEPOST=1609711486][/DOUBLEPOST]31/5!!

A genuine question to ask at this point is how can I spend this much time playing yet somehow get worse?[DOUBLEPOST=1609711486][/DOUBLEPOST]31/5!!

Think it has come to the stage where the batters need to go thirty years in the future and start batting at 10 an over to spin, just go for it! Or as jos buttler’s bat handle says...

upload_2021-1-3_22-22-4.jpeg

What you got out team wise?

Gooch, Stewart, Gatting, Smith, Hick, Fairbrother, Salisbury, Lewis, Jarvis, Taylor, Malcolm.

Salisbury batting 7, 4 seamers, in India. Paul Taylor, left arm county trundler.

I mean that’s shocking but sadly not 49 all out shocking.

Gooch, Stewart, Gatting, Smith, Hick, Fairbrother, Salisbury, Lewis, Jarvis, Taylor, Malcolm.

Salisbury batting 7, 4 seamers, in India. Paul Taylor, left arm county trundler.

I mean that’s shocking but sadly not 49 all out shocking.

I mean. You have no batting from Hick down. But still, 49 is a shocker

One thing I think I've noticed here is the crowd sounds in India do sound a little more "intense" than in England?

This is nice if so, though it is quite subtle.

Hard to draw a line between creating ambience and character and sterotyping I suppose.

Now Then Lads . I have Decided to scrap the Pakistan tests 90s . only realised that when Pakistan were batting in that first test they were on veteran so quit that and decided to do the England v west indies 1991 5 test in England. So as Have mentioned as above I am England . so Match Report . First Test 1st Day Headingly West indies won the toss Chose to bat first on dry wicket . West indies made a good start 1/70 When Haynes went for 43 lbw to pringle .Richardson came in and made a good partnership with Simmons 170 . Before Simmons went for 127 . When Malcolm bowled him. Then Richardson Was Run Out For 78 Good Throw Back to Stewart who came in for Russell . The 4 wicket Stand 16 Between Hooper 22 Richards 12 overnight . that left the west indies 307/3 @ Stumps . England's Bowling Was Not Good . Only Pringle Can come away with some praise - Figures 25/8/61/1. Malcolm 21/1/79/1 defraites 14/2/54/0. Botham 11/0/50/0 Tufnell 16/1/60/0 . RR 3.50 For The West Indies . England need wickets on the 2nd day Early or this Test will be lost Which wont be Good Start . Will report Back tomorrow for the 2nd day report thanks guys .
Day 2 Match Day Report - West indies started the Day on 307/3 . England attack started brightly then Richards. then Walsh went 10 rub out was run out for 20 by Stewart then next wicket went for 17 run out 17 Logie . Marshall went for 3 Botham bowled .Ambrose 10 Tufnell b caught by Stewart then Walsh went 10 run out by defeitas . then finally dujon who was looking good went bowled defreitas . Patterson 0 no . west finished 438/all out . England need 219 to avoid the follow on gooch went 1 bowled Patterson c Richardson ,and then atherton was out for 19 Walsh bowled c Richards England were 2/6 Eng. finished 21/2 at tea . last session started of day 2 lamb went for 2 run out , then smith and ramprakash put on 59 partnership before smit went 31 and bowled Walsh ,Botham only lasts 5 bowls he has gone for 1, Stewart went for a duck ,rampraksh 54 no and pringle 2 no england finish 124 /6 @ stumps still 95 behind . going in to day 3 . thanks lads in

One thing I think I've noticed here is the crowd sounds in India do sound a little more "intense" than in England?

This is nice if so, though it is quite subtle.

Hard to draw a line between creating ambience and character and sterotyping I suppose.

Main difference I imagine is when the batsmen hits one out to deep cover for a single, the Indians go mad like they have won the World Cup whereas you might see the English yawn..

Well, I'm quite pleased to have taken into day 3...

6meymYj.jpg

Kambli shared a 50 partnership with Tendulkar on his way to 192*

sagN6FW.jpg

It was by far the biggest score of the inns and a great performance. England got distracted by the new ball and should have stuck to spin - the decision to play 4 seamers unsurprisingly has not paid off. IN INDIA.

Jy73yvj.jpg

9u4T2Sb.jpg

England were then humiliated in the first inns.

XX9dGbA.jpg

eJoTMwa.jpg

But have shown more fight second dig, although losing Smith just before the close was a blow.

IY0flaX.jpg

qPb7m46.jpg

Kumble is somehow wicketless.

Gatt hasn't used his ban to slim down.

yywrVoP.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread