Story England International Season - September 8th, 2007 - India in England

Who will finish victorious in the Natwest ODI Series?

• Total voters
cricinfoheader.png

Twenty20 Quadrangular, Nairobi

Bangladesh too strong for Kenya

Cricinfo Staff
September 1, 2007

Bangladesh 127 for 4 (Iqbal 43) beat Kenya 126 for 4 (Jesani 76) by 6 wickets
Scorecard

Bangladesh started the Quadrangular tournament in Kenya with a solid 6 wicket win over the hosts. Bangladesh
chased down 127 for victory with 16 balls to spare with impressive knocks from Tamim Iqbal, Alok Kapali and Mahmudullah.

Iqbal hit 43 from 36 balls in an explosive innings that world cricket has come accustomed to seeing. During his knock
he smashed 3 fours and 2 sixes to get Bangladesh off the start they needed. Along with Nazimuddin, the opening
stand took Bangladesh to 48 before the first wicket fell.

After failures from experienced batsmen Aftab Ahmed and Mohammad Ashraful, Kapali and Mahmudullah
hit an unbeaten stand of 49 in just 25 deliveries to close the game out.

Earlier, Jadavji Jesani hit a lifetime best 76 to help Kenya post a respectable total. The opener faced over half
of the deliveries bowled and well over half of the runs scored as the rest of the Kenyan batsmen struggled with
Bangladesh's spin attack.

Ashraful used eight bowlers, the most effective being Mahmudullah who took 1 for 15 from his four overs.

Tikolo was the leading light when Kenya took to the field, bowling four tight overs conceding just 14 runs and
taking the wickets of Iqbal and Ashraful.

Tomorrow's matches see Pakistan and Bangladesh lock horns, but before that Kenya take on Uganda.

cricinfologo.png

alistaircook.png

England v India 2007 / News

England v India, 5th ODI, Headingley
Cook axed for Headingley contest

The Preview by Siddhartha Vaidyanathan at Headingley
September 1, 2007

The England selectors have axed opener Alistair Cook ahead of the fifth Natwest ODI at Headingley. The opener has had a torrid time at the top of the order this summer and has been told to go back to his county Essex and work on his game.

England have called up in form batsman Michael Lumb from Hampshire to replace Cook in the squad for the final three matches. If Lumb plays tomorrow he will make his England debut with an important role to play as England go into the game with the series tied at 2-2.

Ryan Sidebottom may also lose his place following an expensive showing at Old Trafford in the last ODI. Chris Tremlett looks set to take the final bowling slot if the selectors decide Sidebottom should sit out.

India look confident off the back of their last over win in Manchester and are expected to make no changes. The only place under threat is that of Rohit Sharma who has struggled with the bat and ball so far this series.

If Sharma is left out it leaves a gap open in the Indian middle order that could be filled by Gautam Gambhir, who was replaced by Sharma for the second ODI. Sourav Ganguly and Harbhajan Singh face another game on the sidelines following their training ground bust up in the run up to the fourth ODI leaving India short of options.

England (Likely) 1 Michael Lumb, 2 Matt Prior (wk), 3 Ian Bell, 4 Kevin Pietersen, 5 Owais Shah, 6 Paul Collingwood (capt), 7 Andrew Flintoff, 8 Dimitri Mascarenhas, 9 Stuart Broad, 10 Chris Tremlett, 11 Monty Panesar.

India (Likely) 1 Robin Uthappa, 2 Sachin Tendulkar, 3 Rohit Sharma, 4 Rahul Dravid (capt), 5 Yuvraj Singh, 6 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk), 7 Irfan Pathan, 8 Ramesh Powar, 9 Piyush Chawla, 10 Zaheer Khan, 11 Rudra Pradap Singh.​

Last edited:
Brilliant presentation! I guess India can win this one but in the end i feel it would be a thrilling of a match. Anyways i have got many ideas from this story for my story based on India would like to thank you man and keep up the good work with presentation and writing.

skysportslogowu1.gif

Both sides struggle

indiainenglandcopytn6.jpg

England vs India
5th Natwest ODI
September 2, 2007
Headingley, Leeds

Overs 1-20: Highlights

India get ready to bowl

27309129.png

India make their way onto the field; Khan marks his run-up; Dravid makes sure his field is right

Shaky start by England openers

42483473.png

India have an early LBW appeal turned down; Lumb edges just short of slip; Another nick evades the slip fielders

Boundaries are few and far between

98957701.png

Prior picks up four down to fine leg; First boundary for Lumb in international cricket; Lumb is squared-up by seam movement

India pick up first wicket

23958875.png

Tendulkar does the trick again; Prior pushes forward; Snapped up by Dhoni

Lumb follows a ball later

35778543.png

Khan ends Lumb debut; Rocks back and catches the inside edge; The ball cannons onto the stumps

Bell and Pietersen re-build yet again

62071325.png

Bell hits down the ground; Swept fine by Pietersen; Over the top and away for four

Pathan gets the big wicket

49722701.png

Pietersen is disgusted with himself; Expansive drive; Another catch for Dhoni

englandscoreboard.jpg

indiabowlingcard.jpg

Last edited:
Nice update,Just change the size of your statements below the photos. I really love that Sky Sports scorecard made by you nonetheless KUTGW with presentation.

Great update mate, really loving the gfx. Well losing KP is a huge blow, and I think India should take advantage and put some pressure on the hosts. But you never know about England. Next 10-15 overs would be really crucial.

i've been reading this story for a while, and it's amazing.

i think that it's great that you've done all of the international cricket, not just England

Those little snippets of 3 images look great!
India are already owning England lol
If you could get in atleast 1 update everyday or 2, genius

Users who are viewing this thread