England tour of India (5 Tests)

Shubman Gill since WTC 2023 finals
12 innings
207 runs
Avg 18.81
HS 36

This is a weird team selected today.

Patidar was always going to play ahead of Sarfaraz but Mukesh in place of Siraj is quite odd. Kuldeep in for Jadeja is a decent move but it further weakens the batting.

This is a weird team selected today.

Patidar was always going to play ahead of Sarfaraz but Mukesh in place of Siraj is quite odd. Kuldeep in for Jadeja is a decent move but it further weakens the batting.
Siraj has gone home from what I heard.

Hope it’s nothing too serious.

This has all the vibes of the last time we lost a home series. I wouldn’t have minded a loss as a reality check until I noticed how many people have been wishing for an Indian defeat just to validate their outlandish takes and now I want us to win every game by an innings.

Yes. Rather he stayed at home in Hyderabad. Been given a break owing to his workload.

Lovely bowling from Jimmy. Wonder if Shubman was worried about the potential of reverse swing, he looked a bit indecisive to anything wide.
The tentativeness stems from his lack of form, I suppose.

I'd be quite happy if they released Gill after this game. I think he needs a break, has been playing non-stop for quite time and perhaps getting away from it all might help. Rest him for the next 2 Tests and try him out again in the 5th one.

I'd be quite happy if they released Gill after this game. I think he needs a break, has been playing non-stop for quite time and perhaps getting away from it all might help. Rest him for the next 2 Tests and try him out again in the 5th one.

He needs some easy runs to make, get him into Punjab’s next Ranji game and let him go ham.

I still think he’ll eventually come good if we keep playing him but it’ll be at the cost of his numbers and mental energy at this rate.
Post automatically merged:

A forty one year old swing bowler bouncing out Shreyas on a spin friendly pitch will be the most hilarious thing of this series.

A forty one year old swing bowler bouncing out Shreyas on a spin friendly pitch will be the most hilarious thing of this series.
:laughter::laughter::laughter:

Here's another one who can be rested from Tests for a while. He is slightly better than Gill, but never the less, rest will do him good. To be fair though, Iyer has improved his short ball game by quite some margin. Doesnt help much, cause he has been getting out to the same, but I was quite impressed from his gameplay after the injury.

This Rohit - Dravid defensive team has to go as well.

Users who are viewing this thread