England tour of India (5 Tests)

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sarfaraz Khan should have played today.

I’d drop whichever one of Gill or Shreyas looks worse in the second dig and bring him in.

It’s more likely that Kohli will come back for Patidar and everyone pretends all is fine in the Indian camp though.
Post automatically merged:

I had doubts if Jimmy’s run had finally ended in the Ashes but it turns out that’s just his bad record against Australia persisting.

He’s been spot on today so far (apart from that awful hair of his).

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
I like the confidence they have with Axar at six, we could have had that during our peak when Jadeja was being unfairly dropped or played at eight because they didn’t trust his batting over the number six batter.

Axar is not the man for that job though.
I did absolutely call that they would do that, even though I agree with you that he's probably not the man for the job.

He has the ability to handle it, but a quick glance at his record shows that it's simply not a role he's done before. If he had, he'd have more than one career hundred:
1706867163384.png

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Axar is not the man for that job though.
We have struggled with that position for some time now. I'd have liked to Washington there. The little I saw of Washington in Australia was good enough for me.
It’s more likely that Kohli will come back for Patidar and everyone pretends all is fine in the Indian camp though.
I dunno how true, but it does seem that SM is abuzz with the fact that Kohli has not made himself available/ might back out of the 5 Test series entirely

Bevab

Staff Member
I did absolutely call that they would do that, even though I agree with you that he's probably not the man for the job.

He has the ability to handle it, but a quick glance at his record shows that it's simply not a role he's done before. If he had, he'd have more than one career hundred:
View attachment 290213

Frustrating when they have Sundar right there in the squad but hierarchy means it’s Kuldeep’s turn to play.

Sundar’s FC record isn’t befitting of a number six either but he’s got a lot more upside with the bat and his numbers aren’t reflective of his ability as a batter.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
To be honest, India has struggled with a genuine AR at that number for a few years now. Yuvraj was supposed to hold that position during his playing days, but turned out to become an ODI expert. Ditto with someone like Raina. I do remember Pujara playing at #6 in the first few games of his career as well. I do suspect things to change around a bit, if Pant makes a comeback later this year.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
And this why these 2 and Rob Key are in charge and not the other people questioning their judgment

India are going to end up about 100 short on this fairly placid pitch
Not to underestimate Ashwin, he could easily add a few, but there's a possibility of that keeping them to about 400. I was thinking this morning that England would be happy with that.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
India getting all out for 350-370 will be a very good result for England. Jaiswal the only shining light in the innings so far. What should have been 450+ score is not even remotely looking like one.

Bevab

Staff Member
And this why these 2 and Rob Key are in charge and not the other people questioning their judgment

India are going to end up about 100 short on this fairly placid pitch

The bloke comes on belatedly and bowls well… and this is supposed to be an indictment of the people asking for him to have been bowling much earlier? This feels like some bizarro world logic.

Users who are viewing this thread