England tour of India (5 Tests)

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well done boys on winning another Test series at home. England had many moments to dominate but were always playing second fiddle to India
Though it looks slightly comfortable at the moment, funny things have happened. Remember England lost their last 5 for 21 runs. We still need more than that #notOverYet

Bevab

Staff Member
Great fightback shown in this test by our side. England were strong opposition and on another day they would have been victors.

Gill’s really played some crucial knocks in this series. Still a bit worried that he’s not capable of cashing in big but the patience he’s shown on multiple occasions is something I wouldn’t have expected from him prior to this series. Jurel equally has been a great find and I think it’s time Kuldeep gets more games going forward.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Decent effort from England with only three bowlers.
If you choose not to bowl, that doesn't mean they are at a disadvantage. It is England's choice to go in with those bowlers and not bowl Anderson, Stokes. Your statement seems to suggest that England was handicapped here.

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys
This reminds of the 2018 tour of England where India competed in all the games only to fell short.

The scoreline then was 4-1 in favour of England.

Now it is 3-1 so far in favour of India.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Hard fought win by India. England did extremely well to put India in a spot of bother on numerous occasions in home conditions - so much as to out-bowling the Indian spinners at one point.

Heaving a sigh of relief. If Jurel doesn't get the MoM, then it's a huge miss. Find of the series for India by a long mile.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Hard fought win by India. England did extremely well to put India in a spot of bother on numerous occasions in home conditions - so much as to out-bowling the Indian spinners at one point.

Heaving a sigh of relief. If Jurel doesn't get the MoM, then it's a huge miss. Find of the series for India by a long mile.
Definitely think his two innings were the difference. At least, in the first he kept in the match when they could have been well out of it. Then stopped England from getting at the tail. Looks very assured against spin.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
If India win this, I would like to see him get one more chance. He looked decent in the 2nd Test.
I would also like to see Patidar get another go.

Please ignore my avatar.

they were handicapped by picking Ollie Robinson
Ironically, Milf Hunter Dan Lawrence could have been the difference if he'd been picked.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I would also like to see Patidar get another go.

In terms of building up a team for the future, it might be a good ploy to make him play. However, the little that I have seen, he seems quite uncomfortable. Posts about him being good in his debut- fair enough, but hasn't seemed like a better bat than Iyer, Rahul, Bharat, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread