England tour of India (5 Tests)

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Okay, so this is gonna be like the 1st Test at Hyderabad. A lead of 200 for India and then someone from England plays a blinder of an innings.

Supreme General

County Cricketer
Okay, so this is gonna be like the 1st Test at Hyderabad. A lead of 200 for India and then someone from England plays a blinder of an innings.
Duckett and Crawley 400 partnership in coming. Then 405 all out
Post automatically merged:

With all those 5 remaining runs coming in 5 overs of Ben Foakes batting with the tail going …1..

Supreme General

County Cricketer
Can we stop making Jasprit Bumrah look like a competent batter? He’s the biggest bunny to ever bunny since Chris Martin

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
For three relative rookies, Hartley, Bashir and Rehan have done well. Surprised the economies are so low for Bashir and Hartley but I think shows when they've done well they've managed to keep things tight.

Also, makes me think that there's not really any spinners, England could've have taken, that would have done much better given our leading spinners in the last decade (Leach aside) have struggled.

1709897883121.png

Last edited:

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
The real story here is how India have absorbed the attacking batting approach of Bazball, never seen in India before because every Indian batsman prior to this series played exactly like Sunil Gavaskar and laughed at the idea of strike rates above 30.

It's amazing how quickly they've got the hang of it.

Bevab

Staff Member
The real story here is how India have absorbed the attacking batting approach of Bazball, never seen in India before because every Indian batsman prior to this series played exactly like Sunil Gavaskar and laughed at the idea of strike rates above 30.

It's amazing how quickly they've got the hang of it.

I fully expect to see a “thanks Duckett” banner by the end of this series in the stands.

Bevab

Staff Member
For three relative rookies, Hartley, Bashir and Rehan have done well. Surprised the economies are so low for Bashir and Hartley but I think shows when they've done well they've managed to keep things tight.

Also, makes me think that there's not really any spinners, England could've have taken, that would have done much better given our leading spinners in the last decade (Leach aside) have struggled.

View attachment 291737

Good captaincy has been a part of their success but I don’t think Bashir and Hartley are rookies in terms of skill. There’s plenty to work with them if England truly want to.

The question is if they really want to given that they’ve completely neutered Sri Lanka on their last two tours there and Pakistan rolled out the red carpet for them. I don’t see them taking Bangladesh too seriously which leaves India as the biggest challenge where you would need quality spinners outside of maybe on an away Ashes tour when you need an economical spinner to keep things tight. I doubt either of these two have the capability to be that spinner without some development.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
I think it's quite tough learning to bowl spin in environments where there's not a lot in it for you. Probably much better situation in England now then back in the 80s or 90s but I still feel like trying to nail down a first team place at county level bowling attacking spin is a tough assignment.

Users who are viewing this thread