Story Englands International Season (Sponsored By Durex)

Day 2 Session 3

New Zealand started to apply themselves more going into the final session. Mcmillan and paticuarly Astell really went hard at the bowlers and caught England a little un-expected. Needless to say it didn't last. Harmison ripped one back in a long way, Mcmillan left it on line and length but was harshly given out by the umpire, still England and Harmsion will take it. Astell was next to go, again thrashing at a cover drive and hitting it straight to cover. New Zealand batsmen seem to be taking unnecessary shots here and it could cost them. Cairns was out after nicking hoggard to jones, an attempted flamboyant cover drive which he was to late on. Mccullum out trying to slog flintoff back over hois head, caught after sky'ing it to mid on. Not a great performance from New Zealand with the bat. Its up to Styris (who's in) and Vettori (looked un-easy) to try and avoid the follow on and get this score up as much as possible. Lots of good bowling from Hoggard and especially Harmison.

b3c7a957.jpg

474e9067.jpg

2182bb1e.jpg

8632f047.jpg

Day 3 Session 1

England were hoping for an early breakthrough in the morning session. It was immediately forth comming and Styris and Vettori built a steady partnership. That was until Hoggard bowled a cutter and it took the faintest of outside edges and found its way to Jones. And at this point england would have had high hopes of bowling New Zealand out for under 200. Not to be. Tuffey arrived at the crease determined to block out one end, and England couldn't dismiss him. Meanwhile at the other end Styris decided if its in the slot its going, taking 20 off one flintoff over. He played beautifully, altho a little lucky at times, nearly seeing a hook shot hit his own stumps. A 50 partnership was quickly built and England were forced to put 5 men on the boundary to stop the free hitting Styris. Tuffey was eventually out to Flintoff, but not before he hung about for 46 balls. Flintoff, also picked up Styris getting some revenge after Styris ruined his economy rate in one over. Vaughan came on and first over, a slow flighted delivery going down the legside styris seemed confused by the wide ball and was to early on his leg glance and it popped up into the hands of flintoff. New Zealand made more than they expected, and more than England expected. Hoggard, Flintoff and Harmison all bowled well today, Hoggard picking up 4 wickets and Flintoff 3.

e36bc317.jpg

40a84057.jpg

9ed0a9dc.jpg

599c7da1.jpg

Wickets

Vettori B Hoggard
9241c768.jpg

Tuffey B Flintoff
419bc6db.jpg

Stryis B Vaughan C Flintoff
e282f214.jpg

That's a good fightback they're putting up. I see you had to resort to Vaughn's bowling to get you out of the mire as well!

All in all I'd say you are doing well seeing as you're up against 22 players. New Zealand I have heard of, but just who are these W. Zealanders that keep helping out? I've never heard of West Zealand! :D

Attachments

• e36bc317.jpg
    e36bc317.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 61
FishBowlMan said:
That's a good fightback they're putting up. All in all I'd say you are doing well seeing as you're up against 22 players. New Zealand I have heard of, but just who are these W. Zealanders that keep helping out? I've never heard of West Zealand! :D

I was wondering why that was there, it must be a bug with the tv graphics?? :eek:

People appeared in more fancy dress at lunch today, looking forward to the next session of play with England hoping to set a big target for New Zealand to chase. Vaughan said the team were trying to concentrate despite grown men in the crowd wearing condom outfits.

CondomManKEGL.gif

supercondom%20man.JPG

mDSC02669.jpg

Many batsman getting starts, but not being able to convert them into decent scores, and hence quite a few people reaching 20s and 40s and getting dismissed. A quick and positive innings from Styris, who knew that he was running out of partners at the other end, and hence he needed to score as many runs as possible before the Kiwiz got bowled out.

Good bowling performance there by England. Even you hardly seem to use the spinners, as the fast and medium pace bowlers generally do the job, and when they dont, very rarely do the spinners get any breakthrough.

I have hardly used Giles in my story matches. You can have a look at my recent bowling cards for England.

I still prefer to pick the lad, cuz he is one of my fav players, and his contribution with the bat is pretty useful.

m_vaughan said:
Many batsman getting starts, but not being able to convert them into decent scores, and hence quite a few people reaching 20s and 40s and getting dismissed. A quick and positive innings from Styris, who knew that he was running out of partners at the other end, and hence he needed to score as many runs as possible before the Kiwiz got bowled out.

Good bowling performance there by England. Even you hardly seem to use the spinners, as the fast and medium pace bowlers generally do the job, and when they dont, very rarely do the spinners get any breakthrough.

I have hardly used Giles in my story matches. You can have a look at my recent bowling cards for England.

I still prefer to pick the lad, cuz he is one of my fav players, and his contribution with the bat is pretty useful.

Yea i took a look Mick, i like bowling with the seamers. Despite what people say i dont find it that easy bowling with spinners as i always bowl a tight line with them so i never see the batsmen charge down the wicket.

Anyway despite cursing and hating the game, reading yours, Johns and Colin's story has once again inspired me to keep playing this blasted game untill Brian Lara comes out.

Day 3 Session 2

So im leading by 99 runs and in a good position to get a big lead in the match. However having not played the game for some time i found batting hard to say the least. Two quick wickets fell, Strauss and butcher, either without really settling. Trescothick and vaughan formed a determined but at times laughable partnership. Trescothick has had two edges fly for four runs, new zealand with two slips and a gully really need to fill the third slip position. I quite enjoyed the partnership because it was bloody hard, my timing has been pretty poor, and Trescothick has edged a backfoot, and front foot cover drive and got awy with it. What was impressive was the ai had a fielder down at third man for the first edge, but not the second :D
Needless to say im finding it fun because im not scoring easily, and just as i did up the run rate a tad, new zealand suddenly improved their line and length meaning i had to block or leave most shots. Im still in a good position, but with my tweak to cpu ai before i stopped playing i know bowling them out wont be easy. All the new zealand bowlers have done a pretty good job so far.

68f4db7b.jpg
61e06be9.jpg

31e9fa37.jpg

Last edited:
Yay!!! :) The_Gas_man is back in the stories section, and already the world feels like a better, safer place! Here's having a Talisker with the latex-wearing cricket fiend :happy

FishBowlMan said:
Yay!!! :) The_Gas_man is back in the stories section, and already the world feels like a better, safer place! Here's having a Talisker with the latex-wearing cricket fiend :happy

Yup back for the time being, but for how long :onpc

The_gas said:
Yup back for the time being, but for how long :onpc
How long? I'll tell you how long! As long as it takes for you to finish this *@^&ing story! :mad That's how long! You owe it to the avid Planetcricket readers to complete one of these threads :getyou :gundown

And besides... it makes for fun reading. :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread