Story Englands International Season (Sponsored By Durex)

Yea good point, jus wish i hadnt started sachins international season thread lol well i have an update comming just doing the screens

The_gas said:
Yea good point, jus wish i hadnt started sachins international season thread lol well i have an update comming just doing the screens
Just have to sim a couple of the games. I won't tell if you won't! :D

Day 3 Session 3

Well after a tricky first 30 minutes i finally decided that enough was enough and i had to try and hammer home the advantage by taking risks. And it paid off. I started walking accross the wicket, sometimes to off stump, sometimes on legstump looking to decieve the bowlers who had dragged my run rate after 33 overs to under 2.50. Trescothick looked much better attacking than he did trying to play sensibly and started improving his scoring rate no end. The fact new zealand still had the field up seemed odd, as did the reluctance to bowl vettori, who despite only bowling 2 overs before tea was extracting some spin from this batting paradise. It was quite easy to get after cairns with the extra pace on the ball. I think if i was captain id be bowling vettori and Mcmillan as they are slower bowlers and slogging, or walking across the stumps becomes much more risky. I batted out the last 2 overs without scoring. Ill now look to bat for maybe one or two more sessions, maybe putting new zealand into bat an hour or two before tea on day 4.

Stats
cd5d95ae.jpg
6454ba96.jpg

707a5e01.jpg
78411496.jpg

More to follow from this session

Nice screens Matt. What is it with the reluctance to bowl Vettori? I'm finding exactly the same in my latest game. Bond has been the cheapskate for me, so well done for clubbing him :)

New Zeland require 385 to win.

It didnt go as planned, i lost Collingwood and then Trescothick early in the 4th day, and the whole team followed them. I had hardly added a run when both were caught out lbw trying to play across the line of the ball. Thorpe came in, and looked in good form but left a ball that he should have defended and it clipped his off stump (you know the ones where the marker doesnt appear at all :mad ). Jones was out leaving a ball that should have been played to the leg side. Ironically the only real fight was put on by Giles and Hoggard down the order who managed a 50 run partnership. Because of Flintoff's promotion up the order to increase the run rate yesterday i was desperatly short of a quality batsmen who could take control. Instead i mainly chose to bat out as much time as possibly as there is still alot of overs left to bowl in the game. As it stands id say i have the slight advantage, but really should have gone on to make more runs. Tuffey was the pick of the bowlers with figures of 24 overs, 5 wickets for 77. The key breakthrough and first wicket of the day was Mcmillan catching Collingwood lbw, this sparked the collapse. And after Mcmillan's performance in the first innings it was suprising to see him well under bowled. Cairns also bowled well, very economical, his figures were slightly ruined at the end by nicks thru the slip cordon however. Well now for the bowling.

Stats
fac739be.jpg
6238c10b.jpg

3497d4b5.jpg
ede65ee2.jpg

Good performance, though its sad to see Trescothick miss out on a hundred there. As far as the Vettori thing is concerned, I also face similar problems all the time. In my latest test match against SA, Andrew Hall dint bowl at all. Nicky Boje got just 2 overs, despite conceding just 2 runs from them. Sometimes I use savtweak, to help the CPU in changing and selecting the bowlers, but its too irritating to do it all the time.

Day 4 & 5

Well i was going to a write up of day 4 last night, but i was tired and fed up as i bowled pretty terribly. I took an early wicket on the last ball of a hoggard over (hence no screenshot) , richardson edging to Jones. But after this i was shown a little bit of who's the daddy by New Zealand. Vincent, and Flemming in somewhat lethal form. My good early start crumbled away, and at one point not one bowler had even half decent economy rates. I slept on it, woke up, watched some hardcore movie called "Extreme Sphincters 5", then settled down for a cricketing session. Altho i didnt pick up wickets immediatly i did manage to restrict the run rate somewhat with line and length bowling with speed variation. There were a couple of edges, that just dropped short of slips, but apart from that there wasnt really any noteable chances to mention. New Zealand just batted well, every now and then they'd have a slog, but always timed it well. Untill one slog to many saw the fall of Flemming, Vincent and then Astle. Vincent was top draw, in previous games i have always gotten him ou early but he played a beauty, as did Flemming and was unlucky to fall short of a 50. The true fact of it, is New Zealand have built partnerships which means its been along time between wickets, this one is going to be close. Its about 2pm in the afternoon on day 5, New Zealand require 119 to win with 6 wickets remaining.

ce6e44c8.jpg
7018cb3a.jpg

3fd005ac.jpg
43caafd2.jpg

FishBowlMan said:
Blimey! Another close game here. Keep em pressured and hope the wickets fall! Good luck chief!

Well there is enough time left so a result should be good, anyway im off for the conclusion of this game, i have a bottle of red wine, let the fun commence :happy :cheers :happy

Users who are viewing this thread