Story England's Journey to WorldCup-Ashes06-07 : 3rd Test (Perth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When's my interview gonna be put up! I want everyone to see my gay photo! (Well I don't want anyone to see it, because it's a crap pic, but the only one I could find). :mad :p

Great stuff Gamer, nice Trivia there, thats something we need to bring into alot more stories for Rep points, cant wait for the next update

1st Test : Live from Brisbane

match1rx6.jpg

The 3rd Man's Chat
: Tea Spot

3rdmanschatjpgbz2.jpg

davidgower4hm.jpg
David Gower : Hello and Welcome to The Tea Spot. Australia are in a strong position at the moment with a lead of 197 runs for the loss of 2 wickets. Ricky Ponting is leading from the front with a magnificent half century as England bowlers are struggling to take quick wickets on day 3. With me in the studio are Michael Holding,Tony Grieg and Ian Botham. Lets hear from our cricketing experts about their views and opinions about todays match. Well Michael what do u think about the 2nd session of the day?

holding2iy.jpg
M.Holding:Brilliant cricket by Australia on day 3. They bowled out England and got a 1st innings lead of 101 runs and now all they had to do was bat nicely and get a score of 350 till end of day 4 so that England will have to chase a target of 450 odd runs which will be very difficult as the pitch will spin friendly on day 5. England are struggling to take quick wicket and are not at all capitalizing after they pick a wicket. Ricky Ponting is batting superbly and looks in a good touch. He is playing cautiously and slowly but steadily he is taking the game away from England. He was strong on the legside of the wicket and usually waited for the ball to come in the bat as we can see in his wagon wheel that he scored most of his runs behind square and just 2 runs in front of the wicket.
Ponting's Wagon Wheel
134pj3.jpg

bothwe9.jpg
Ian Botham : There were many ups and downs for both teams in the match but now its the crucial stage of the match. If Australia will play well in next two sessions then they will be in a winning position in the match. England will have to take wickets if they want to win this match. Meanwhile Monty has bowled well and is spinning the ball nicely and soon we can see another wicket from him. Vaughan will have to try some more spinning options from the other end as well and look for more wickets. Hoggard and Flintoff are bowling nicely in the 2nd innings as well Harmison is just bowling bouncers and is not proving useful for England at the moment.

davidgower4hm.jpg
David Gower : Thank You gentlemen for your wonderful expert comments. Well as we promised the first person to answer the trivia question will get a change to come in the Tea Spot .
The Question was : Q. Name the Australian wicketkeeper who holds the record for most number of dismissals in test matches.
A. Ian Healy.

And the first member to answer it correctly is "Gilly Fan". Welcome to the show Sean . Enjoy a nice little interview with our experts ;)

tonggreigcp1.jpg
Tony Greig : Welcome to The Third Man's Chat Sean. Australia are in good position in the match and Ponting is playing a wonderful knock, do you think that Australia have a fair enough chance now to win this match to get a 1-0 lead in this Ashes series?

seanze5.jpg
Gilly Fan:With the lead we have now, I don?t see why not. With a lead over 200 and still 8 wickets with Ponting at the crease and set, I?d say we?re in a brilliant position.

tonggreigcp1.jpg
Tony Greig : Australia batted well in the 1st innings and now they are in a good position in the 2nd innings as well, what should be an ideal target that Australia should set ?

seanze5.jpg
Gilly Fan:Considering we have wickets in hand, I?d say if we can get about 120 with the loss of only a wicket or two in the final session, I?ll be happy. Then hopefully tomorrow we can press on for an unbeatable lead of about 500. Hopefully we can score 300 in the next 2 and a half sessions.

Ponting will be looking to give our bowlers every chance to bowl the opposition out. So I think 4 and a half sessions is long enough. If we set a total of say 500 from about 135 overs, that?d be a required run rate of over 4 and give us a big chance of winning with Warney spinning the ball square on the 5th day.

holding2iy.jpg
M.Holding: England's bowling was good in the 1st innings as they picked up all 10 wickets but their key bowlers were bit expensive. How would u rate England's bowling attack against the high quality Australian bowling attack?

seanze5.jpg
Gilly Fan:Obviously, because I?m an Aussie, I?m going to think the Aussies are much better.:p

But in all seriousness, England do have some talent. They seemed to take wickets at crucial times when it looked like there could be a dangerous partnership. They stopped all but one batsman going on to get a big score and that was Matty Hayden. They eventually got him and got the tail cheap to restrict them under 450.

So hopefully for England?s sake, they can bowl well and restrict Australia to a total that is gettable. They are of course, the 2nd best team in the World and anything can be done.

bothwe9.jpg
Ian Botham :The ball is spinning more than it did on the 1st two days and Monty already has picked up the wicket of Hayden in this innings. How important will be Monty's role in the 2nd innings?

seanze5.jpg
Gilly Fan:Monty is the key for England. He seems to be spinning the ball a bit. I think if he doesn?t get wickets, Australia will just rack up runs. He is their only deadly spinner. I think that he will trouble the batsmen in the next day. He, with the help of a turning pitch, could rattle Australia and give England a chance of a 1st test win.

holding2iy.jpg
M.Holding: Shane Warne is the best spinner in the world and will have an important role to play on the last two days, do England have a stronger batting lineup to play well against Warne on day 4 and day 5?

seanze5.jpg
Gilly Fan:From previous experiences from watching Warney on days 4 and 5, no. He?s the king of spin. A magician. The master. He?ll be turning the ball square and I honestly don?t see how this England line up can be an exception to that rule and be able to play him well. I think the only option for England is to attack Warne. If they lose a couple of early wickets and go into their shell and play every ball like it?s a grenade, It?s going to be much easier for Warne to rock this England line up and get a bag of wickets.

tonggreigcp1.jpg
Tony Greig : Which was your best moment of this test match till now ?

seanze5.jpg
Gilly Fan:Has to be Matty Hayden?s innings. Brilliant innings to watch. He was unlucky to make a double ton, but did his bit for the team. When others were failing to go on from their starts, he was the rock in that innings. He kept that innings together. Had he gone for only 30 or 40, Australia could?ve been bowled out for around 280-300 and the match would be in the balance at this point in time.

davidgower4hm.jpg
David Gower :Thanks for coming in the Tea Spot Sean . Enjoy the Ashes and finally any views regarding the presentation and this show ?

seanze5.jpg
Gilly Fan:Thanks David, and thank you to Sky Sports for letting me do this interview. It?s been a pleasure.:p The presentation of this and every other series has been brilliant. I don?t know how you can make this any better. Well done!

davidgower4hm.jpg
David Gower :And finally, Sean. What?s your prediction of the final result in the Ashes.

seanze5.jpg
Gilly Fan:3-1 Australia?s way. :)

1st five members with correct answers for the trivia are awarded with reputation points :)

Amazing, how can u write soo much...amazing updates man. Great work gamer

Nice interview there, Sean :clap great stuff gamer. You have been keep surprising us, with your writing skills and mindblowing presentation :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread