Story England's Journey to WorldCup-Ashes06-07 : 3rd Test (Perth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitchell Johnson claims debut scalp

Once again England started their innings with few hiccups just as they did in the first test. After winning the toss England never looked comfortable against the aggressive Australian bowling attack. The pitch was hard and fast but runs were not coming easily for both the openers as Glen McGrath stuck to a perfect off stump line which almost got the breakthrough after Strauss tried to poke a delivery which was moving away from him. But this morning Brett Lee was bowling aggressive on this fast pitch asking many questions to both the England openers. Lee was bowling with great pace and was extracting lot of bounce from the pitch which not only troubled the batsmen but also troubled Gilchrist behind the stumps. Cook already got a wake up call from Lee after he was struck on the grill of the helmet and was lucky enough not to sustain any injuries. Lee apologized instantly but soon he followed it with another bouncer which was hooked away by Cook for the first boundary of the match.
Aggressive bowling by Australia
212gc3.jpg

Debutant Mitchell Johnson started his spell by bowling a tight line and length as he hardly offered any room to the batsmen. He was seaming the ball into the left handers which was making it difficult for scoring runs. All Australia wanted was to put extra pressure on England by picking up an early wicket as a result of which Ponting made some changes in the field and moved himself in a catching position at short cover region. Mitchell Johnson struck through for a maiden wicket on debut as Strauss tried to drive one through the covers but he smashed that one straight to Ricky Ponting at short cover who moved himself at that position three balls earlier.
Maiden test wicket for Johnson
213py8.jpg

Strauss departed after a good start and looked promising for his 24 runs. But with the fall of that wicket, England skipper M.Vaughan came out to the middle with the score at 49/1. Vaughan struggled in the last match as he only managed to scored 16 and 11 runs in both innings.
Strauss departs
210ai7.jpg

Vaughan takes guard

208yn3.jpg

Johnson continued his consistency in pitching the ball in the right areas and but both Cook and Vaughan managed to bat till the end of the 1st session with the score at 84/1. Ponting tried to make full utilization of the new ball as he bowled only with his 3 fast bowlers in this session. Johnson bowled just 6 overs in this session but looked promising and consistent in pitching the ball just outside the left handers off stump and bringing it in sharply. England will have to build a good partnership after lunch as they have lost just a single wicket in this session.
Johnson : Line-Length map
211hg3.jpg

England scorecard
214vp8.jpg

Australia bowlingcard
215kx9.jpg

England(1st inn) : 84/1 (28 overs)

A.Cook : 39*(101) 4 Fours
M.Vaughan : 16*(33) 2 Fours

Pretty good start by England. Not much happening in the first 28 overs, but at least England have just lost 1. Both of these two need to take their starts into a big score. Love the new line & length map Gamer :)

The presentation is great as always Gamer.

Well bowled by Johnson to get his first test wicket but England have had a good session apart from the slow scoring.

early wicket but Cook and England doing well....come on Gamer lets win this!!!

do you play every game and evey ball or skip some?

early wicket but Cook and England doing well....come on Gamer lets win this!!!

do you play every game and evey ball or skip some?

Yup i play the whole match ball-by-ball as the game is enjoyable. As a result of which we get more screens, lbw's more action and information and the pitchmap and line-length map is accurately plotted:)

Last edited:
yeah thats what i do, i play the whole game ball by ball. It's much more enjoyable and you get more entertainment thru the match. Plus you know more information about what is going on, and you can put your own incidences into the match.

Some tight bowling by Australia but England have really stuck it out and are starting to get the runs.

Great presentation Gamer, this story is sensational.

That's a good start for England. Gilchrist took a great catch. Johnson is bowling great lengths in his debut.

Good presentation.

Just realised I hadn't commented :eek:

England have made a solid start after Strauss's dismissal. Hopefully Cook and Vaughan can build a big partnership again.

Once again a superb update, quite frankly between you and Suren the hard work you guys put into your stories deserves more commendation than just SOTM

Average start by England. Glad to see Johnson took his first test wicket. Let's see if Cooky and Vaughan can regain control. Superb and mind-blowing works Gamer.

If I could have sexual relations with this, I would. :D It is beautiful...

Good to see that Johnson got a debut wicket. Lol at poor Alistair Cook! 39 in 101 balls! Slow or what...

Nice work.

A very nice pitch-map Gamer. You must work really hard on that. England have started well but I think Australia can come back and claim a few quick wickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread