Story England's Journey to WorldCup-Ashes06-07 : 3rd Test (Perth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome work keep it up....england shud win but it is gonna draw,,,,

cmon england!!!! freddie will do it!!!!!!!!! aussies lose by 8 runs!!!!!!!!

hey gamer

when's the next update gonna be!!!!

we're all sh**ting ourselves with excitement!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all your wonderful replies :hprasie. I am also exited to post the final over;)

when's the next update gonna be!!!!
I have bowled the final over. Have to do the screens now and the text. Today I don't have enough time to do the text so you can expect an update tomorrow. But if i get time then i will update it today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I should appreciate that English players have fought so well to come so close in this game. Nevermind of the result, England have done a great job to compete with Aussies.

Fantastic presentation as always! :clap

@ gamer : You can use the Forum For Web to advertise to other sites or in Signatures and not by posting here. Hence edited your advertising part in your post. Thank you.

Last over of the match

Flintoff to bowl the final over

What a thriller we have seen so far in this test match. England are just one step away from victory as they need just 1 wicket to level the series but Australia need 9 runs in 6 balls to win this match. However Australia just lost Adam Gilchrist in the previous over off the bowling of Stuart Broad so things are looking very difficult for Australia and England are in the drivers seat as just 1 wicket will guarantee victory for the England team who have played fantastically in this test match. Every spectator are on the edge of their seats and not a single person has left the ground. Let?s unfold the suspense as we take you to the final over of this nail biting finish.

1st Ball: Australia need 9 runs in 6 balls.
Andrew Flintoff has the ball in his hand and is ready to bowl the final over of the match. Just what England needed at this stage was to see Glenn McGrath on strike as he has just come out to bat. Vaughan is adjusting his field nicely and is not only thinking about taking this final wicket but also to save the boundaries. Australia just need 9 runs and 2 boundaries at this stage will cost the game for England. Few men saving the boundaries and many fielders in the catching position seems to be the perfect field at this situation for England.

Flintoff to bowl the final over
45041165tm8.gif

Everything is ready and Flintoff comes steaming in and just focusing to get the wicket off his first ball. Unexpectedly he bowls a shot ball targeting the ribcage area of McGrath and McGrath in turn took an evasive action and got his gloves to the ball after which the ball ballooned in the air away from the diving wicket keeper G.Jones. Unfortunately for England that didn?t go to the diving wicket keeper but Australia has managed to pickup a single and now McGrath is off the strike. McGrath looks in some pain as he was hit on his left glove.

1 run taken
15691157on7.jpg

2nd Ball:Australia need 8 runs in 5 balls.
With that single M.Johnson is back on strike. Johnson has the ability to hit some shots as we last saw that in the Champions Trophy but he will hardly take any risk today as Australia has the preserve their final wicket and not throw it away.
Here comes Flintoff running in hard and the field is still unchanged. He bowls within the line of the stumps this them and M.Johnson does well to keep that out by playing it with a straight bat and defending it nicely for no runs. Australian fans will be hoping that they go for the runs but at the same time they will be praying that they don?t lose the wicket.

Very well defended:clap
78783060mi9.gif

3rd Ball: Australia need 8 in 4 balls.
Now it looks like they won?t go for their shots and because of that Vaughan brings couple of men in the catching position. Still is concerned about the number of runs they need as a result of which we can see few men on the boundary ropes to prevent the ball from reaching the boundary ropes.
Flintoff runs in hard this time and messes up with his length. He over pitched that one to Johnson who took full advantage of that one and timed a straight drive to perfection. Strauss dived full length to stop the ball but it was too far away from him and the ball went away to the boundary fence for a much needed boundary for Australia.:eek::eek: Flintoff is frustrated with that result and now the pressure is back on England. Now Australia just need 4 runs in 3 balls which means that they are just one strike away from victory.

Brilliantly timed for four:eek:
30313270sg2.gif

4th Ball: Australia need 4 runs in 3 balls.
Just 4 runs needed now and all the pressure in on England. If Flintoff doesn?t get it right this time then England may lose this game if Johnson hit another boundary. Both England and Australia will be looking to finish the match with this ball and no leaving it till the final ball. Vaughan is under pressure as well as he is in two minds whether to save the boundary or bring the field in to go for the wicket. This is turning out to be a typical one day scenario but this is Ashes at it very best.

Vaughan is playing safe and is protecting the boundary. Flintoff will be aiming for a Yorker to finish things off with this ball. He bowls a good length ball just outside the off stump and Johnson goes for the drive on the offside but only manages to get the outside edge. Cries of catch it from everyone but the ball just goes over the slip cordon and away its running away to the third man boundary for a four:eek::eek:. From nowhere Monty comes around and stops the ball just inches before the boundary rope and keeps the batsmen down to a single with a brilliant throw from the deep.:)

Edged away.....
15695794ze5.gif

5th Ball: Australia need 3 runs in 2 balls.
Now its pretty tensed for both teams. Australia are just one strike away and England are still finding it hard to get the final wicket. Vaughan has to keep men on the boundary as they need just 3 runs but at the same time he has to look for the wicket as well. The good thing for England is that McGrath is back on strike and he is struggling at the moment after he was hit on his left hand early in this over.

Just 2 balls remaining now and Flintoff will be looking to finish it off with this ball. Everyone is waiting to see Flintoff hit the stumps with this ball. Flintoff comes charging in and this time he gets the line and length right and McGrath misses that completely and he has BOWLED HIM!!!:):) ???.no he hasn?t :eek::eek:and the ball is safely in the hands of the wicketkeeper. How did that miss the stumps? Each and every England player is disappointed. They can?t believe that it missed the stumps. Flintoff can?t believe his luck and McGrath is very lucky to survive as the ball was just went millimeters over the leg stump.

Bowled him:).....No it misses the stumps:eek:
94936643kx3.gif

6th Ball: Australia need 3 runs in 1 ball.
The match was almost over but now its down to the final ball of the match. What a test match we have all witnessed and the last ball will decide the result of this match. McGrath will look to finish it off with a boundary but he was almost bowled with the previous ball when the ball just missed the leg stump. McGrath should be very careful now and Flintoff will once again target the stumps. The field is still unchanged. Vaughan is having a word with Flintoff. They are discussing about the field change and Collingwood and Strauss also join them to extend the meeting. Meanwhile Ricky Ponting is advising McGrath from the dressing room to just defend the ball carefully and not to take any risk. Ponting just wants him to defend the ball if the ball is pitched within the line of the stumps. Vaughan takes the gamble now and brings all his fielders inside the 30 yards circle and now every fielder is in catching position. There is a short leg and silly point in place but there is no file leg. No one outside the 30 yard circle and now if Flintoff bowls on the leg side then there are free runs on offer. If McGrath gets a good piece of bat on the ball then Australia can win this one. Vaughan has taken a big gamble with this type of field placing trying to encourage McGrath to go for the shot which may result in a wicket.
Tense moment for both England and Australia
52805726ho1.gif

Change in the field
296gm4.jpg

So here comes Flintoff steaming in to bowl the final ball of the match and bowls a good length ball and McGrath comes well forward to defend that one but the ball comes back into the batsman and it has struck on the pads and that is might close.Huge appeal from all the England players and it looks like that?s gone. Steve Bucknor is taking a long look at that one and England players are confidently appealing. All the players have surrounded Bucknor and are appealing confidently but Will Steve Bucknor raise his finger????

Struck in Front....Will Bucknor give that out?
33959995uy0.gif

OMG! What a story, Australia can't win, will this be a draw. But i reckon that struck him outside the line, than again it is steve bucknor :p. You have to leave it to another cliffhanger. Great graphics mate you truly are a artist.

Two words...

NOT OUT!

OMFG, what a cracker of a match - better then Edgbaston! If thats given out then Bucknor can't umpire for the rest of the tour. ;)

Really really great update. I actually gasped when the top edge was sailing towards the boundary. And when i saw bowleed hm i gasped again but no!
in my opinion it is hitting. definately clipping off. Brilliantly written, this has to be the best test match ever.

aaahhhhhhhhh OMG what are you doing GAMER

going over maybe but the decision could go Englands way.

Awesome awesome update shows how amazing you are at story making...good luck and cant wait for the next update

Nah i am sure that hit outside the line. He was also playing a shot. So i reckon it might be NOT OUT. But if it isn't bucknor will be in shame for the rest of his umpiring career and life in video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread