Story England's Journey to WorldCup-Ashes06-07 : 3rd Test (Perth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My anwser is:
(a) Australia will continue their dominance

Hey Gamer cant wait for the result...Its getting real like the Ashes in England in 2005...Cant wait for the next update...Surely this match is gonna have a result....And I think England shud win this one...

Expecting some more awesome graphics and presentation

im an england fan but....

A) The Aussies will win

England win to register a remarkable victory
B

I might hate the team but i'm still an idiot.

I'm sorry to say but my answers A) Australia win. I just cant see England pegging them back from here.

I really hope England can pull off a great victory so im going
A

England one step away from a remarkable victory

Need 1 wicket in 1 over but Australia just need 9 runs

With just 15 overs left in the match, England needed 4 wickets to win, Vaughan had lots of things running in his mind as Australia just needed 64 runs with Gilchrist still batting who was the last hope for Australia at this stage. Vaughan was working on his field and with just 15 overs left in the match he still continued with Monty to bowl another over which might be the final over for him in this match as Flintoff and Broad were likely to bowl the final few overs of the match. The field was set perfectly as England can’t afford to give away easy runs to Australia and their main aim was not only to pick wickets but also to keep Gilchrist off the strike.

Brett Lee was on strike and was trying his best to give the strike back to Gilchrist but Monty was bowling so well that he hardly bowled anything outside the line of the stumps. Brett Lee was showing signs of frustration when he failed to get bat on ball on couple of deliveries and then he edged one to Jones when he tried to play a cut shot. Jones took that as clean as a whistle as Australia lose yet another wicket at a crucial stage of the match. Monty was rewarded with his 3rd wicket for bowling an excellent line and length and now another wicket will put England right in the drivers seat.

Monty strikes as Lee departs
288sf8.jpg

Warne's resistance comes to an end
Next batsman for Australia was Shane Warne who is just 1 wickets away from the world record of 700 wickets in test matches but now he just have to think about his batting. Just as we expected Vaughan threw the ball to Stuart Broad who has really bowled excellently in his debut match. But Gilchrist was in destructive form and was making Broad pay when he over pitched few deliveries to him. It was tense out there but even Flintoff was smashed for runs by both Gilchrist and Warne. Warne was giving great support to Gilchrist and it looked like Gilchrist’s aggression will lead Australia to victory. But just as Australia were reaching close to the required target, Flintoff got the wicket of Warne. Warne who batted nicely giving good support to Gilchrist finally lost his wicket when he edged one to Flintoff giving a simple catch to A.Cook who didn’t make any mistake this time after he dropped Gilchrist in the 46th over.

Warne's wicket
289zq4.jpg

Gilchrist takes his team closer to victory
Now Australia are in real trouble as they just have 2 wickets left as Johnson takes guard. With just 5 overs left in the match, Gilchrist started smashing both Broad and Flintoff to all parts of the ground and now Australia have reached every close to the target set by England. It’s looking as if England will go 2-0 in this series if Gilchrist stays there till the end as he reached his half-century in quick time. Milestones are not the key for Gilchrist at this moment as the main this required is to win this match for his team. Now with just 2 overs left in the match, Broad was set to bowl his final over. The field was wide spread as Gilchrist was on strike and Australia needed 18 runs to win. England needed the wicket of Gilchrist badly but Gilchrist took the gamble and went for his shots resulting in 2 boundaries in 2 balls and now Broad was feeling the pressure. Australian fans were dancing and screaming and the England fans were shocked as Australia just needed 10 runs in 10 balls at this stage. Vaughan quickly ran towards Broad and had a word with him and there a slight adjustment in the field again. Broad, who was feeling the pressure, ran in quickly and again bowled in the same area but this time Gilchrist edged that one and Kevin Pietersen took the catch at point. Barmy Army started chanting again and now with that fall of Gilchrist’s wicket, Australia has no chance to win this one only if Johnson and McGrath produce something special. Broad did the job for England by picking up the important wicket of Gilchrist but still England need 1 more wicket to win this match.

Gilchrist departs. Big wicket for England
290cs4.jpg

Down to the last over
Australia need 9 runs of the final over with McGrath on strike but their main problem is that England just need 1 wicket to win and its Andrew Flintoff who will bowl the final over of the match. England are likely to win this match and pull off a stunning Ashes victory. Can McGrath and Johnson manage to survive this final over from Flintoff or will they manage to score those 9 runs or will Flintoff take the final wicket??? Anything is possible at this stage even 2 boundaries can tie the game for Australia. England need wickets but at the same time they need to keep the runs down. Its all tensed at the moment. The batsmen, the bowler, the captain, the fielders the Australian players in the dressing room, the spectators are tensed at the moment. Even I am tensed as I have to bowl the final over :p Everyone is feeling the pressure now but the one who the handles the pressure well will win this match. England have the upper hand and are likely to win this one but just 2 boundaries will ruin the game for them. Stay Tuned for the final over of this eventful test match.

Australia scorecard
297mx2.jpg

England bowling card
298jy0.jpg

England(1st inn) : 522/9 dec (161 overs)

Australia(1st inn) : 435/10 (118.3 overs)

England(2nd inn) : 219/10 (70 overs)

Australia(2nd inn) : 298/9 (69 overs)

Day5, 3rd session :Australia need 9 runs to win in 1 over with just 1 wicket in hand

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread