English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be daft Kev, you would have Ronaldo in your side. Anyone would.

I think he's a genuinly nice lad from what i've seen of him. I haven't seen many of his interviews, but he never talks about himself. Always puts the team first.

To be honest, all those who hate Ronaldo are just jealous that a) he doesn't play for them or b) they are just jealous of the skill he possesses. I think Ronaldo is an absolutely tremendous footballer and a lot of people don't realise that him being in the Premiership is one of the greatest things about the English game. He's a joy to watch.

Nope, wouldn't want him in my side, as I said before, its not because of his ability and its certainly not jealousy. But then I probably wouldn't make a very good football manager.

I am a huge arsenal fan and although at the moment they are going incredibly well, I cannot see them coming first

Man U have the maturity in their squad to win the prem and i dont think the arsenal youngsters can produce the goods.

No downs on arsenal though still Gunning for the Gunners

I am a huge arsenal fan and although at the moment they are going incredibly well, I cannot see them coming first

Man U have the maturity in their squad to win the prem and i dont think the arsenal youngsters can produce the goods.

No downs on arsenal though still Gunning for the Gunners

Shame about getting whooped 5-1 by.....Spurs, eh? :p

Don't be daft Kev, you would have Ronaldo in your side. Anyone would.

I think he's a genuinly nice lad from what i've seen of him. I haven't seen many of his interviews, but he never talks about himself. Always puts the team first.

To be honest, all those who hate Ronaldo are just jealous that a) he doesn't play for them or b) they are just jealous of the skill he possesses. I think Ronaldo is an absolutely tremendous footballer and a lot of people don't realise that him being in the Premiership is one of the greatest things about the English game. He's a joy to watch.

That's true and he is nowhere near his prime yet!!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Perfect scenario?

Tottenham thrashing Man U 6-0, drawing us in the 5th round where we demolish them 8-0.

Too bad, Man U had to go and ruin it by winning.

Kev, I undertsand why you hate Ronaldo's face. He looks like Quasi Modo.

He didnt do anything different to any other pro's in 2006, Rooney stood on someones balls, albeit not intentionally, Ronaldo appealed to the ref to have him booked, almost all the pros in the premierleague do that, and just because it was against England it makes him worse than everyone else. People may say that it was a silly thing to do because they play together for United, but frankly, no pro should give a player on an opposition team any slack just because they play their club football with them.

Ronaldo would have done the same no matter the opposition and no matter the team, what he did was no different to the types of behaviour we see week in week out in the Premierleague, but because it was against England he's treated like crap, no-one bats an eyelid when players raise an invisible card in the league, they certainly dont have abuse thrown at them for weeks on end. I have no grudge against Ronaldo for anything he did in 2006, and England wouldnt have won the game if Rooney was still on the pitch, he'd probably have got injured anyway.

He didnt do anything different to any other pro's in 2006, Rooney stood on someones balls, albeit not intentionally, Ronaldo appealed to the ref to have him booked, almost all the pros in the premierleague do that, and just because it was against England it makes him worse than everyone else. People may say that it was a silly thing to do because they play together for United, but frankly, no pro should give a player on an opposition team any slack just because they play their club football with them.

Ronaldo would have done the same no matter the opposition and no matter the team, what he did was no different to the types of behaviour we see week in week out in the Premierleague, but because it was against England he's treated like crap, no-one bats an eyelid when players raise an invisible card in the league, they certainly dont have abuse thrown at them for weeks on end. I have no grudge against Ronaldo for anything he did in 2006, and England wouldnt have won the game if Rooney was still on the pitch, he'd probably have got injured anyway.

Brilliant post that:clap

If only Ronaldo had actually LEFT United then......

Yep that is a quality post, some people just dont understand what your saying though Dan, and always have to have someone to blame especially for England's failures. Beckham in 98, Seaman in 02, Meiier in 04 and Ronny in 06.

McClaren in 08 :D But that was his fault. Massively tough period for united now, Feburaury decides whether we can do something special htis year or not.

I was probably the only one in my school back in 2004 who actually defended Urs Meiier. It was a foul by Terry on Ricardo and that's the end of it.

He has cut down on his diving. I call him a cheat because it annoys Man Utd fans and it makes me feel better after what he did in 2006.

Yer has has since the start of last season so I have perhaps a little respect for him. But he did dive against Derby which was totally needless.

CR7 2nd Best Playa ever in the world at this moment in time @ 16:37

All the ladys scream when he gets off the bus :D screw the girls Ronny you know you want me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread