English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We got David Norris, We got David Norris, la la la la!
Finally!
Also, Bywater, not entirely sure about him.
Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday, who we beat at the start of the season.

well mr.wenger is saying that he was really close to snatching ronaldo before he went to manure...same with babel as well...wenger keeps spotting talent and than another club comes along and gives him a better salary or whatever and takes him from beneath his claws...lol...

btw CARN THE GOONERS!!!

Liverpool were closer to signing Ronaldo but he wanted to go to a big club. Most top players will have attracted interest from the top clubs at some point, we gave Henry a trial iirc but told him he wasn't good enough!

yh but thts your fault that you didn't see the talent in him innit...

People always tend to say that Wenger spotted Henry, like he did with Fabregas, Eboue etc. He got him for 10 million and he was already a decent winger at Juventus. Wenger worked wonders with him at Arsenal, but he didn't exactly spot the talent.

About Ronaldo, United have an affiliation with Sporting Lisbon, which generally means we get first option on their players. He wanted to join a big club, with history and recent trophies, and a large stadium. The only one with all of them is United.

People always tend to say that Wenger spotted Henry, like he did with Fabregas, Eboue etc. He got him for 10 million and he was already a decent winger at Juventus. Wenger worked wonders with him at Arsenal, but he didn't exactly spot the talent.

About Ronaldo, United have an affiliation with Sporting Lisbon, which generally means we get first option on their players. He wanted to join a big club, with history and recent trophies, and a large stadium. The only one with all of them is United.

Wenger spotted the potential as a proper striker in Henry. He was definitely a rough prospect. He wasn't completely unknown but he certainly was not the same player he was for Juve.

Plus, Wenger worked with him at Monaco, so he already knew of his talent at a very young point of his career.

Henry played in the world cup for France, he was definetly known about. He had nowhere near the talent that Wenger managed to get out of him but he had been playing in the world cup. Also, Henry was always a striker, in his trial for Monaco he started as a striker and scored all 6 goals in a 6-0 win. Then Wenger tried him in different positions for Monaco before returning him to his original position as Striker. Then, after a successful world cup, where he made his national debut, he was transferred to Juve, who stupidly decided to put him on the wing. He was then bought by Wenger the same season, who then put him back to his usual striker role.

No favour from Ciddy then, no suprises there. Elano's missing from next weeks game after his booking!:p Tbh, an Arsenal goal was more likely than a Ciddy goal as Arsenal were a man up on the break so often.

Svens gay. Why didn't City just twat it up the pitch at the end? They were always going to struggle trying to pass it through Arsenal and to be fair it probably should have been more. Glad I added Adebayor to my fantasy team this week :p

City have awful home support.

Everton robbed of a point at Ewood park and HAHAHAHAHAHHA LET'S ALL LAUGH AT SPURS!!!!!!!!!

i never thought i would say this...BUT DAMN...why couldn't they hang on for one extra second...they worked their ass off to get into a winning position and than with the last kick they lose it all...well 2 points...the defender jumped too early and should have headed the ball away and than dawson i think it was couldn't stop tevezes shot when he could or possibly should have blocked it...but they should have been atleast 2-0 up with keane missing a sitter...you don't get that many chances against manure so if you do you must take em...berbatov could have done better with his volley attempt also but the defending was superb by spurs but for in those last 5 seconds...

oh and a routine win for gunners i suppose...fantastic finish by eduardo and adabeyor getting 2 again...he's scored in 6 consecutive league games now which only ruud van has done before...WHOS HENRY EH???

to m vaughn: but i really wanted to see manure lose...spurs deserved to win for me although i am a gunners fan...i still admit to that...they were simply suprb today and manure much much below par...i hope they can play the same against us in FA cup...lol...

good question...man can't even remember that...but yh...i have seen those given before...luck i suppose...they are really lucky...always when it seems they have dug a hole; they just seem to climb out of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread