English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Jackson wants you...

Portsmouth have been known to cause Man U problems in the past even though Man U have swept them aside in the last few encounters. Lets hope Del Boy and Portsmouth and keep up their good form and restrict Man U to a point at most.

WOW.

Anyway Rooneys not fit, don't know if it's because of the trip to Saudi but he doesn't look it to me. Take him off after 60, put on Tevez and bench him for spurs away. Nanis been good tonight too. I know the only games we've lost our when Rooneys not there and we've only dropped 2 points when Tevez, Ronaldo and Rooney all play and that was Arsenal away when they got a last minute goal, but we need him at his best. Even if Ronaldo is being good. theres not enough words to describe him, there all overused and should be saved for Ronaldo.

It's about damn time he got a penalty given against him!

Mark my words, we've hammered Spurs tonight and they are gonna snatch it.

He's given away loads this season, Porto, Villa, Reading and now...

Gerrard at least turned up for the second half, him and Lucas played the game on their own.

It's about damn time he got a penalty given against him!

Mark my words, we've hammered Spurs tonight and they are gonna snatch it.

My words exactly to a mate on MSN, who is a West Ham fan.

Glad Noble was the scorer, like him.

Michael Jackson wants you...

Portsmouth have been known to cause Man U problems in the past even though Man U have swept them aside in the last few encounters. Lets hope Del Boy and Portsmouth and keep up their good form and restrict Man U to a point at most.

Not at OT they haven't :p

5 wins in 5.

Fantastic goal. Shame we couldn't go on and get more, but we can't have everything ;)

Glad the scousers lost (again!). Everton for fourth!

Chelsea seemed to have scraped a gritty 1-0 victory again. Reliable football correspondant John Salako said Reading were hitting Chelsea hard on the break.

Good start to one of the most crucial months in our season, got Arsenal, City, Lyon away and spurs away. Good to see Scholes back but tonight was all about Ronaldo. Anderson nearly goal was quality though.

How that game wasn't about 23 nil i'll never know.

I'm happy with that point against Spurs. That's two games without a goal now though; We're missing Pienaar and Yakubu more than expected. Arteta and Fernandes were immense tonight though, with Leighton Baines doing well out of position as wll.

LET'S ALL LAUGH AT LIVERPOOL! NA NA NA NAA!

How Man U didn't win 8-0 is beyond me. To be fair, they were ordinary in the second half. Portsmouth never looked a threat and you could see a lack of desire when they didn't have any players to follow up loose balls at the edge of the area.

I knew Ronny would score the free-kick. Brilliance.

5 goal - goal difference! Blimey!

England squad announced in 15 minutes, no Abonghlahor in the U21s so he's probbaly in the proper team (Pearce most likely suggested it now he's a coach with them). No Beckham is what they reckon too, I don't know what formation we'll be playing and until Capello shows what he wants to play I find it too hard to pick a starting XI.

Our U21s are looking good. Lennons playing for them, he's going to do some serious tearing apart of defenses!

Last edited:
Meh, who cares about England when your team is playing so damn good at the moment. I dont think any player had a bad game last night, I actually thought Rooney had a decent game. Nani played well but needs to work on his final ball, and Carrick had a decent game as well, as Evra who worked hard as always.

But really there's no one else to talk about but Ronny, he must be the best player in the world at the moment, he's amazing and so was that free kick. I'm sat to the left of the TV Cameras, so behind where he was and it was a great view of seeing the ball dip and swerve slightly into the top left corner. And for people that say he's arrogant and selfish, after he scored his goals, when he went forward he gave the ball to Rooney or Nani instead of going on his own. How we didn't win by more than 2, I'll never know.

It was a really good atmosphere last night, with singing throughout the game really and the rendition of 'Flowers Of Manchester' at half time, which is a fitting tribute to the Munich disaster.

hahahahahahahahahahaha at Liverpool!!!!!:p:D

EDIT: Here is the Flowers of Manchester song, I can't see how anyone could not be moved by it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7SMLcO9xnSU

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread