English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Norwich 1-0 Preston :happy

A screamer from Daryl Russell in the 90th minute won it for us. We were poor in the first half (I was there), but much better in the second half and deserved to win. We are now closer to the play offs than the relegation zone!

watching a painting dry would be much much much more intresting that watching pool right now...man...

What a finish there by Torres.

It was rather funny watching it in Spanish commentary.

Y El Niño Torres! EL NIÑO! TORRE! TORRE! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLL!

Aurelio (left back) got subbed for Finnan who can't use his left foot at half-time :laugh

Good win, some confidence maybe...but Crouch should play more!!!!

The first 30 minutes was the best we've played in a few matches. We capitalised on City's mistakes, the passing was slick and Adebayor was, again, brilliant.

Shame Tottenham couldn't hang on to allow us to go 3 clear and give me a reason to taunt Man U fans other than the fact that we're top on points and not crappy GD.

Man U must be the only team to score one goal three times. 'It's Teves, no, it's Dawsom, no, it's Teves!

Dont even start claims about Spurs not getting a pen. Clattenburg was a disgrace today, firstly, the clear handball for the Spurs goal, then VDS gets booked for complaining about that decision! Rooney gets booked for diving, when he wasn't even claiming the penalty, now Rooney misses the derby! Tevez gets booked for taking his shirt off, which already is a pointless rule, but he had a vest on anyway. Evra was pushed over and should have had a penalty himself.

I'm not sure which ref was worst, Clattenburg, or the one in the Blackburn vs Everton game, Blackburn were soo lucky with some of them decisions.

Btw, theres no such team as Man U.

Who'd be your XI from Capello's squad then ? Mine would be:

Carson

Lescott
Cole
Ferdinand
Richards

Gerrard
Barry
Jenas
Cole

Rooney
Owen/Agbonlahor

Carson is a future Number 1 so should play as keeper. Lescott deserves to play at Right Back after his quality performances this season and i think a centre defence partnership of Rio and Richards is pretty awesome. I have Gerrard down on the right in a free-role position with Barry and Jenas in the centre. Barry has been England's best player in the past few games and has show real improvement and Jenas has been one of the stars of the Premierleague this season from what i've seen of him. Joe Cole obviously on the left, Downing is crap, still don't rate him. Then Rooney and Owen up front, and if Owen isn't 100% match fit then Agbonlahor has played more first team football so gets the nod.

They call themselves Spurs. Its still handball, he played it right into the path of Lennon and he had his arms stetched wide.

Why Robert Green isn't in the England squad I dont know!

Carson (Only because Green isn't there)

DR: Richards
DL: Lescott
DC: Ferdinand
DC: Brown

MR: Jenas
ML: Cole
MC: Gerrard
MC: Hargreaves

ST: Rooney
ST: Crouch

Status