English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I didn't like Everton and want them to beat Pool for 4th, I'd be rooting for a Pool win against Chelsea but, instead, I want a draw.

We're down to our bare bones for our match against Blackburn with at least 1 player missing from every position due to injury (discounting the ACoN). It will be a very hard match but, if we score first, we could win it 2-0.

I'm looking forward to VP's return in mid-Feb.

United will win this weekend. City's bubble has burst and their team has been exposed as the boring, one dimensional route 1 team that they really are.

The EPL's fine the way it is. There's coverage of it all around the world. That's about as close as foreigners should get to watching the Premier League if they're not in England. If you can't produce a country with proper football players, a proper league and the backing of money, then don't take your frustration out on the EPL. It was fine the way it was, the way it is, and that's way it should remain.

I dont think it has anything to do with frustation. Its really a case of money. Football is a global sport, and more and more people are getting hooked on to it. There is a huge following for the European leagues in the Middle East and although its nowhere near that in the US, its still catching up at a decent pace.

I obviously dont like this idea as it only will increase the threat of the player burnout. But I dont agree with the English fans complaining of not being able to travel overseas to watch and all, as its only one MORE game, aimed at those fans who cant come to England to watch the other 38 games (all of which will remain in England as always).

United will win this weekend. City's bubble has burst and their team has been exposed as the boring, one dimensional route 1 team that they really are.

I agree about City but I still think they can beat United on their day. Chelsea have the toughest fixture though, but I'm confident we'll win.

Last edited:
Droylsden FC to beat Altrincham FC in the REAL derby of the weekend. The sun is out, skies are blue, not a cloud in the sky!

Blue Square premier action at its best!

COOMMMEE OOONNN YYYOOOUUU BBBLLOOODDDSSS!

Off to watch Leicester today before I watch the derby tomorrow, Leicester-Plymouth hsould be tasty, both of them hate each other. Plymouth sending Holloway angry letters (they took it too far there) and Holloway sueing (?) the Plymouth chairman, live on sky too which means there should be a few famous faces about forme to meet

Cardiff 1-2 Norwich :)

A great win today. It kicked off at 12.00 because of the rugby at the Millennium Stadium. A Welshman scored both of our goals too! 4 points away from the play offs now!

I obviously dont like this idea as it only will increase the threat of the player burnout. But I dont agree with the English fans complaining of not being able to travel overseas to watch and all, as its only one MORE game, aimed at those fans who cant come to England to watch the other 38 games (all of which will remain in England as always).
This is where you dont understand English fans, they like going to watch their team wherever they play, they pride themselves on not missing a game and always being there for their team. The game abroad would probably not allow them to be there for the team, and instead leaving a group of part-time glory supporters like yourself to support their team.

Being foreign doesn't mean they are all part time glory supporters. BBC Radio Norfolk get messages from Canada and Australia in support of Norwich on a matchday, and there are plenty of overseas supporters clubs.

Leave aside what you think of supporters and why they support certain teams. That's for the fans themselves to decide. Season ticket holders of course have every right to feel cheated but casual fans or even fans who never go to watch a match (or are unlikely to go) follow the league with great interest too.

What really bugs me about the plan is that it makes and absolute mockery of the League system. How can it be fair on the clubs like Fulham if their extra game is against Chelsea for example. Or even how can it be fair if Man Utd and Arsenal have to play each other and one of them goes on to win the league on the back of the game? How is it fair for clubs fighting for European places? If the fixtures were to be organised so as not to effect outcomes of these magnitudes then thats not fair either and you may as well just hold a series of friendly matches instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread