English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And is it fine for you to constantly bitch about people being glory hunters just because in the last year you decided to support your local team? You're worse than a reformed alcoholic or an ex-smoker, with your constant bagging of anyone who doesn't happen to live 5mins from the team they support.

For your information, I've always been a follower of Liverpool, true I don't go as often as I'd like but these days its pretty hard to get tickets if you aren't a season holder. I have a fancard (so I can buy tickets online) and regularly check the website for tickets, trouble is I really need to take time off work (at short notice) as it's a bit of a trip and would require a hotel stay. If I had the money and available holiday (and I had a way of jumping the massive waiting list for season tickets at Anfield) I would get a season ticket, but I don't have the money so I don't get to go. I live nowhere near a half decent football team, and when I was a kid I lived even further away. I'm sorry, but watching Maidstone United along with 20 other people (10 who have just come along for a fight) just doesn''t appeal.

DPRA Youll Like This My Dad Played a Game For Droylsdon FC

I know I have only supported my local team properly over the last two years, but if someone is introduced to boring football, the odds are they will not like it, so to develop a liking for football you have to watch good quality exciting football, that's why I used to watch Man Utd.
I won't carry on this glory hunters discussion though, because there is obviously going to be a lot of them as this is a cricket site.

May i ask you what league is it your local team play in?

Because i dont agree with the bit in bold. I watch my local team Droylsden in the Blue Square premier (Conference Premier) And although we are nbow bottom, i have seen some very, very, very high quality football over the season we have been here.

It is out first time in this league in our history, and it has gone very sour.

I know I have only supported my local team properly over the last two years, but if someone is introduced to boring football, the odds are they will not like it, so to develop a liking for football you have to watch good quality exciting football, that's why I used to watch Man Utd.
I won't carry on this glory hunters discussion though, because there is obviously going to be a lot of them as this is a cricket site.

You do realise that some big teams have adopted specific areas?

Liverpool and Norway has always been a massive connection, and has Ireland and Celtic, but thats more to do with religious issues in the past.

May i ask you what league is it your local team play in?

Because i dont agree with the bit in bold. I watch my local team Droylsden in the Blue Square premier (Conference Premier) And although we are nbow bottom, i have seen some very, very, very high quality football over the season we have been here.

It is out first time in this league in our history, and it has gone very sour.

When Rob says his local team, I believe he means Coventry City, who are obviously in the Championship.

It's down to personal discretion who you choose to support. Whether your from Liverpool or Livingston, if you want to support Manchester United then that's absolutely fine by me. I don't buy into all of this 'You have to support the team nearest to you'. If that was the case, i'd be an avid fan of St.Helens town. No thank you, Everton will do just fine. As long as you support your team with passion then you have my respect.

And about the St.Helens Town football team, i've played in more games for them than i've actually watched!

If they support a big club they are glory hunters, the only reason these foreigners "support" that team is because they play good football, nothing else. For example, the millions of Chinese people who support Man Utd have probably never been to a football match in their life, probably don't know the offside rule yet still think they "support" Man Utd.
That said, there's a lot of English people like that too...

The foreign people who support lower league clubs probably have some family connection with that city meaning they are not glory hunters at all.
Spot on Rob, thats the point I was trying to make.

I hope you dont mind me asking Kev, but why did you start supporting Liverpool?

you can support anny club you want no one can force you to choose a club

I think you should support the club you were bred to support. My earliest memorys are of watching united, I was lucky to have a ST from being about 5 years old and even though I don't have 1 anymore the fact we still have a lot of friends at the club allows me to go to a lot of games. I have no problem with people abroad supporting a premiership team, just don't ever act like they mean more to you than they do to us and they have no right to take our teams away from us. Try telling me some twat in Japan feels the same way my grandad does about Munich, of course they don't. But at the same time I have a soft spot for teams in other countrys like Barca so they can follow our teams just don't get in the way of them. The charity shield won't go abroad so they should just do what I posted on here of a premiership pro bowl only including players from every squad if they're that desperate.

Anyway I watched Leicester, man steve Clemences wife is fit. Oh there was some crappy football on oto but Leicesters fans were crap, as were the team. Plymouth=better club at the end of the day. Boring game though.

my brother supported chelsea from 1998 till 2006.....then stopped

money ruined the club they stopped being 'chelsea' and became something different

now he supports liverpool and i am a big arsenal fan because i have been going to highbury since i was born (onyl been to emirates twice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread