English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil I signed your petition and now my email inbox has replys from West Ham, Birmingham and the premier league, the message I sent? Suck my dong Scudamore you twat. I didn't think that I was sending them emails! Oh well awaiting Sir Alexs reply

I agree with the 3 points you made in the post before Joe. Yeah I got them emails, you'll get one from United soon, I did yesterday.

I agree with the 3 points you made in the post before Joe. Yeah I got them emails, you'll get one from United soon, I did yesterday.
Yeah one which basically says, its not up to you sod off ;)

Rooneys class, anyway i'm not going to have a big rant like Phil because I think in the context of our season it's notgoing to play that big a part. I am pissed off because its city and because it's 50 years on from Munich but February was alwys our toughest month and if we come out of it still in all 3 competitions then I'll be pleased. 5 points isn't a big gap especially when Arsenal have to come to OT. 3 things really **** me off with Fergie

1) why the hell is Giggs playing? He's been past it for ages, I've been a bit harsh on him in the past and he is a legend but Fergies just obsessed with him getting hte most caps, having said that we didn't have many better options but I would have played Wellbeck, was right for the occasion.
2) Carricks been class and Fergies keeps not playing him. Scholes is coming back from injury and isn't playing his best but Carrick has been very good
3) How are we so reliant on Rooney, We should have played Carrick instead of Giggs and played Anderson up with Tevez imo because thats where he used to play. Oh well it will be sorted next year when Manuchos here and he looks class.

Anyway if we play like that aginst Arsenal we'll get hammered, I just hope fergie picks a better team, Rooney in for Giggs and Carrick in for Scholes. Anyway in our corporate bit we watched the tribute thing at the start of super sunday, Eric is a legend, I'd give anything to have him back, Ronaldo Rooney or Tevez.

Giggs the best ever english Player after Gerrard!

yeh apart from the fact he's Welsh! He's been a great player for us and scored one of the best goals ever but he's not very good anymore. I always use him as a scapegoat when we lose but we're never going to have the same levels of success with Giggs in the side. Nanis tooo young but I guess he's the straight swap.

Giggs has been amazing for us for 18 years, but sometimes players rely on aspects of their game, Giggsy relied on his pace that he had, and he's lost it now. He can't be starting as often as he does and he was shocking yesterday, then again, Nani was shocking yesterday and I'd have thought he'd be the obvious replacement.

Yeah Kev, I was a bit annoyed by their response.

Well its the same from all the clubs so far, Nanis a lot like Ronaldo a couple of years ago, got a lot of skill but lacks consistent performances and the end product, although he's not as good physically as Ronaldo.

Yep, he does remind me a little of Ronaldo a few years ago, but I'm not sure he's got the talent that Ronaldo had, and Nani just gives simple passes away all the time, Ronaldo did occasionally, but not anywhere near the amount of times that Nani does it. He also seems selfish on the ball, taking on players when he could cross, although Ronaldo did have the same problem.

Well who does have Ronaldos talent?! Nani will be good enough in the long term imo even if someone on red issue did say they saw him in spar and he said the weather was **** and he couldn't wait to go to Madrid :D We've got loads of young players but we need a leader like Eric or Keano at the minute.

I have Ronaldo's talent in terms of on field brilliance and the ability to bed Gemma Atkinson. Fact.

Do you have that sort of sexy tan and those great abs though?

I actually am beginning to ask serious questions of myself now

Well who does have Ronaldos talent?! Nani will be good enough in the long term imo even if someone on red issue did say they saw him in spar and he said the weather was **** and he couldn't wait to go to Madrid :D We've got loads of young players but we need a leader like Eric or Keano at the minute.
I dont know about Nani, I said it a couple of months back, I think he played well against Kiev at home, but apart from that I can't remember him having that great a game. He's scored some great goals, but someone like Matthew Taylor has scored similar goals and it doesn't mean he is a great players. I really hope I'm wrong, but I do have some doubts about Nani.

Your right about needing a leader, hopefully we'll get that if Nev comes back, because Giggs doesn't cut it as captain.

Nev will be back in 2 weeks :D give the captaincy to Vida or Rooney, they're really the only options long term imo

Who is the best centre-back pairing right now?
Not necessarily the best two individuals playing on the same team, but the best partnership?
For what it's worth, I think it is Ferdinand/Vidic. Or Richards/Dunne. In both cases, they complement each other brilliantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread