English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bow down!
outpuths7.gif

Anderson is going to be something really special, all he needs is to get his first goal and then he'll score regularly I reckon.

Eduardo might have finished his career today. He has extremely badly broken his leg playing for Arsenal against Birmingham. The injury was so bad the television channel decided not to replay it, and there was a nearly 8 minute delay before the match restarted. I will be surprised if he returns before the 2009/10 season at the very earliest.

MasterBlaster76 said:
Anderson is going to be something really special, all he needs is to get his first goal and then he'll score regularly I reckon.
Yep and he's doing enough without scoring at the moment.

skater said:
Eduardo might have finished his career today. He has extremely badly broken his leg playing for Arsenal against Birmingham. The injury was so bad the television channel decided not to replay it, and there was a nearly 8 minute delay before the match restarted. I will be surprised if he returns before the 2009/10 season at the very earliest.
Luckily I didnt see the incident as I only turned over when the red card was being shown. My thoughts are with him at the moment, I hope its not as serious as you mentioned at first there, everyone in the ground, including Birmingham fans seemed so shocked. The word that seems to sum it up is horrific.

Madman, yeah I have seen the David Busst one, and his leg was literally in 2 bits, and the commentators on Sky said it was worse apparently. It won't end his career as he is still younf, but you are never the same after an injury like that. I broke my leg once, I was on a bikeride when I was 9 and I got hit by a car coming round a croner, I flew over the bonet and landed awkwardly, and my thigh bone came through the skin. Awful tackle from taylor, should get a 10 match ban at the very least. Stupid idiot.
He'll be out for at least 8 months. Djibril Cisse came back from 2 broken legs! One playing for Loverpool against Blackburn (the worst one) and he broke the other leg playing for France against China weeks before the Wrold Cup 2006 :(

Last edited:
Obviously I am going on what the telly said, but the players reactions, the commentators comments said it all. It brought back the Busst injury straight away for me, I just remember Peter Schmeichel legging away with his head in his hands and throwing the ball out. Busst did come back, but was nowhere near as good as he was prior to the injury.

I reckon some sick person who has Sky+ or Sky HD will rewind to the injury when it happened live and put it on YouTube. It's wrong.

He has been one of the best finishers in the world this season. He had a big career ahead of him. If he gets back into football, I don't think he will ever realise his potential.

I reckon some sick person who has Sky+ or Sky HD will rewind to the injury when it happened live and put it on YouTube. It's wrong.

He has been one of the best finishers in the world this season. He had a big career ahead of him. If he gets back into football, I don't think he will ever realise his potential.

Unfortunately, that has already happened. Sad birthday present for Eduardo, I hope he recovers. :(

There are a few reasons why I'm upset.

Obviously, Eduardo's injury is the main reason. It sounds terrible and it could not have happened to a nicer person. He's one of the hardest working players in our team. He never stops running and never goes down easily. He's such a talent, a brilliant finisher and I seriously hope he can make a full recovery.

Secondly, the dropped points. It was not a penalty and that could bite us in the ass. Clichy should have pelted it. We ere so comfortable. He managed to poke it to Flamini and the ref gives a pen!

Thirdly, Gallas was being a prick. Nothing less than a prick. It's childish and not the way to behave as a captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread