English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not a nice tackle. But as many have said he didnt go in with a malicious intent. He was suprised by Eduardo's pace so he got there quicker than expected. Im sure he felt rubbish for the whole game knowing he could have just ended somebody's career.

Not exactly, he was red-carded.

Town lost, we still haven't won @ the Britannia Stadium...

Alex Mcleish -
"I've seen the challenge and, yes, the studs land on Eduardo's ankle. In slow motion these tackles always look bad but he's not a malicious player - Eduardo was just too quick for him,"

I totally agree.

Keegan is back, woah! Keegan is back, woah!:D:D:D:D:D Keegan for England!:p

Cheer up Kevin Keegan, oh what can it mean, to a sad geordie *something*, and a shite football team!!!!

Brilliant result and great performance from United tonight. This title race is well and truly on. Its in our hands now. Good to see Balsaboy getting a goal when he came on and good to see Rooney getting a few goals too.

We all luv it! We all luv it! We all luv it! We all luv it!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Eduardo's broken his ankle, shin and tibia. So in short, it's 95% likely that he'd never play football again. He'd do well to walk without an impairment after that. Although it wouldn't rule him out ever coming back. The human body is a wonderful thing.

United smashed Newcastle at St James park for 5...
Rooney scored twice along with Ronaldo(2) and Saha

He will recover much quicker than your average Joe Bloggs, if he recovers at all. It's like wrestlers often defy the odds and come back real quickly after bad injuries. It;s all because they are much fitter than the average man

True, but they are likely to recover quicker, in fitness etc.

Like Jumps Jockey AP McCoy is going into this sauna thing which is -130. It's believed to heal bones, as he has broken part of his back a month ago. He will be back for the Cheltenham Festival which is next month. How amazing is that.

The human body is amazing. But it tends to be only amazing in the correction of breaking a single bone. Considering that Eduardo has broken three, I still maintain, backed up by medical evidence, that it is highly unlikely he will ever play Football again.

He'll recover quicker in stamina and strength yes. But he has the bigger hurdle of being able to use his left leg agains properly first. If he bones don't heal exactly right then he's screwed, especially if they don't heal strong enough. It's very unlikely they will.

Really feel for Eduardo, after seeing what happened to Smith I always feel for them, I reckon he'll be back again, even if he's crap he'll be back. Wenger shouldn't have come out for that interview, yes it was a bad tackle but you'll see worse before the end of the season and all saying what he's said will do is make the lad feel like crap.You do get some twats on youtube laughing at it too.

Also what was Wenger on about? Both of Birminghams goals were fine and if anything it was Adebayors that shouldn't have been counted. Big day in the title race, Gallas reaction at the end showed how important those points were, relieved to get our win, Rooney and Ronaldo are class and Saha scored wtf!

Arghhhhhh!!!!!!! Wenger annoys me so much, "The only win to beat Arsenal is to kick them", well what about all their players kicking us in a childish, petulant, tantrum last week! Thats Mr Haribo being hypocritical. And him saying what he said about Martin Taylor was way, way out of order, I'm gonna guess that Taylor is feeling bad enough already.

Just seen the picture of Gallas crying on the pitch,:p:p. thats hilarious.

Wooo!! Coventry 2 Leicester 0! We got one over the *something* :p
Chris Coleman's Sky Blue Army

Get well soon Eduardo Da Silva :(

Arrgh! I have just seen those pics :( It does make the tackle look really bad. It was high on his ankle, but i don't believe for a minute that Taylor meant to do it, but still... McLeish is spot on, Eduardo turned just before impact, and Taylor couldn't stop. It doesn't look good for Eduardo.

Last edited:
Also what was Wenger on about? Both of Birminghams goals were fine and if anything it was Adebayors that shouldn't have been counted

adabeyor didn't score mate...what the hell are you on about...the first free kick was a dubious one and maybe shouldn't have been given and the penalty was debatable too cos clichy got a touch on the ball...and if that isn't enough, adebayor should have had a penalty at the other side seconds ago...

adabeyor didn't score mate...what the hell are you on about...the first free kick was a dubious one and maybe shouldn't have been given and the penalty was debatable too cos clichy got a touch on the ball...and if that isn't enough, adebayor should have had a penalty at the other side seconds ago...
Well Wallcotts, Adebayors foul. Doesn't really take a genius to wrok out what the hell i was on about. Flamini took McFadden out and stopped him from getting to the ball (not that he would have done) whilst the peno was a bad challenge and took the player out first so was always going to be given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread