English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't a penalty but it was given and there's nothing we can do about it, Clichy clearly took enough of the ball. It's not as if he went though Parnaby to get it. It was a poor decision but I'm not too pissed with Mike Dean seeing as he sent off Taylor without hesitation.

that wasn't a foul by adabeyor...he jumped for the ball and the keeper came and collided in him not the other way around...it was perfectly eligible unlike their goals...

He put his arm right across the keeper and you can't get away with it. You might want it to be different but thats football today and you can't do it. We need consistency with the rules more than anything so the ref got it wrong, because this weekend there will have been 3 or 4 of them that weren't given.

I've got no complaints with their free-kick. It should have been given.

As for Adebayor's challenge, he had jumped well before making contact with the keeper. He didn't use him for leverage at all.

The only complaint I have is the pen.

But, in the light of Eduardo's injury, it seems less important. Still, Man Utd aren't gonna volunteer to drop points because Eduardo got injured so we've got to recover.

I've got no complaints with their free-kick. It should have been given.
I'm glad one Arsenal fan can see sense! Flamini just parked himself between McFadden and the ball, he had no intention of getting the ball. I haven't actually seen the pen incident yet so I cant really comment on that.

Having seen the photo posted by DPRA in the newcastle us thread
http://www.sportbox.tv/photos/image...d=1&image_time=13:07:36&image_date=2008-02-23
it was a shocking tackle. You will see worse but his caught him as badly as possible and he needs a lengthy ban, there had been a lot of dangerous tackles and really nothing had been done about it despite SSN going on about it for a while, then again you can't blame the FA for that. Not that it was intentional but that doesn't change anything.

Yep, I've actually gotta agree with you there, Clichy got the ball. Oh well, I'm not too bothered if it was deserved or not!:D

Looking at the latest picture, it was an absolutely disgusting tackle. i thought he was comitted and Eduardo had turned, and Taylor's momentum had carried him through, but reall, his foot goes over the ball, straight into Eduardo's planted foot, and the studs are in the ground, so they weren't going to give, the only thing that gives is Eduardo's leg. Taylor went studs up, nowhere near the ball, straight through Eduardo face on. Thats disgusting. Banned for life, because he has seemingly ended the career of a fantastic talent.

He shouldn't be banned simply because he has posbly ended a players career. In an ordinary game, Taylor wouldn't have even been booked for that.

The amount of dangerous tackles this season that could have turned out like that its just unlucky his came through. He clearly didnt mean it and was shocked after the tackle and as someone who plays football its useually an accident when that happens. I remember a certin Roy Keane who ruined someone career and he did it on purpose but he wasnt banned for life.

I don't think anyone wants him to be banned for life but it was a really dangerous tackle, he definitely needs a ban imo, even if its just making an example of him for all the dangerous tackles that have happened. No-one will defend Keano but he did teach an important lesson "don't **** with him because you'll never win :p".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread