English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love you...

If United win, then I think that whoever loses in the chelski vs l'arse match can count themselves out of the league title.

if chelsea lose and manure win then we are almost certainly out of it (i am not saying its all over just yet cuz our manager avram grant thinks anyone who says that should not be in football).

i am not going to make any stupid predictions but what i want is liverpool to beat manure and us to have the better of arsenal.

The hype for the Manure v Pool game is that there are going to be lots of goals(on a few forums) because in from Ronaldo and Torres are supposed to be starting. I think they will cancel themselves out only for a late goal by United to come and win the game for them, making Liverpool's chances of coming in the top 3 definetly lower.

Chelsea and Arsenal, will no doubt play boring, maybe not so much boring, football with not much attacking football until the last 15 minutes when both teams will atack, maybe even one get a goal, but because they both attacked too late it is likely to end 0-0. A draw is very likely to me.

That's the way Chelsea play. I can guarantee we will attack you in the first 20.

That was going in.

Last edited:
As I type this, it's 3-0.

Liverpool have been horrible in this game. Gerrard has done nothing and when Gerrard does nothing, he can't get the ball to Torres and, therefore, Liverpool don't score.

Where the hell was Carragher at that corner? Why was Alonso marking Ronaldo? and why did Reina again come for a ball that wasn't his. He isn't tall enough to contest with those kinds of deliveries.

Babel has been uninspiring down the wing and Skrtel has been anything but solid.

2-0 would be more apt seeing as Man Utd have had far more possesion wihout creating that many brilliant chances but Liverpool have created nothing since Torres is getting no support at all.

2-0 would be more apt seeing as Man Utd have had far more possesion wihout creating that many brilliant chances but Liverpool have created nothing since Torres is getting no support at all.

Yup Torres hardly got the ball to do much and the one real chance he got from the Gerrard FK, he dint utilise. I have mixed thoughts regarding the whole card incident, but in the end you just knew it was Manure's day today.

We have to beat the Gunners now to still stand a chance.

Liverpool was really playing rubbish today
they didn't even pass the ball propaly and they can't even keep the ball.

****!! ****ing Drogba!! Why is he so damn good against us! Why is it always this one man who kills us!?

I won't blame the linesmen even though they had a poor game. Drogba was just too good but I refuse to give up the challenge. Man Utd still have to play us and Chelsea.

Worst run for 9 years. What a time to have it. How could we give this away?

Fat hairy ball sack!

What a bad time for Everton to have a bad run! They keep on dropping points. Timmy Cahill was off after 9 minutes against West Ham. I hope he is alright but he won't be playing against China in the World Cup Qualifier.

Hey? We didn't have many chances, what game were you watching? Rooney had two where he was through in the first half, then the one where VDS played him through in the second half, then Ronaldo had 2 in the second half, then Tevez had one. These are all one-on-ones, Anderson had some shots from outside the box as well. Reina was at fault for the 1st two goals, but he made some good saves.

Anyway, woohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Get in there!!!!!!!!! Quality result, a great performance and a brilliant atmosphere. It gets no better than beating the vermin, especially so comfortably.

We just shaded it in the first half, what is it about defenders scoring for us against the vermin, Rio twice, O'shea last season and Wes Brown today, if he is leaving us, thats a damn good present. Now onto the sending off, Andy Gray showed today if we didn't already know that he's massively ABU and perhaps pro-vermin, even though he played for everton. How he defended saint mascherano was unbelievable. It showed on motd 2 how much he pestered the ref during the 1st half and was actually quite aggressive with some of it, he was lucky not to be sent off before that. How thick is he, to do that after the week we've had with the Cole situation. Incidentally, Torres could have been sent off for a second booking in the second half, and I think would have been if Bennet had not already have sent Mascherano off. Funny how Gray didn't see that one? I criticised Redknapp the other day, but well done him for putting his vermin past to one side and using common sense and shutting the ABU muppet Gray up.

There was a nervous 15 minutes in the second half up to about 5 minutes before we scored our 2nd goal. The atmosphere went dead for a few minutes, and the scousers sensed something they might get a point and they started singing a little, it was one of the few times they did sing. They were quickly shut up though.

After the Ronaldo goal went in, until about 5 minutes after the Nani goal went in, everyone was standing up and it showed that safe standing should be allowed. It was brilliant, the atmosphere was fantastic. Everyone was singing Viva Ronaldo, We'll never die and we shall not be moved. Absolute quality atmosphere, the stretford end shat all over the 'amazing' kop, my voice is still hoarse now.

After that, any result in the Chelski Arsenal game would have had its positives for us. A draw would have been better but now we're 5 points clear and looking very strong. Arsenal look quite a way off now, they'll have to win at Old Trafford for them to stand any chance.

Remember a while ago, we were discussing Wenger's arrogance, he really didn't do himself any favours this morning by saying he thinks they'll win the league. Meanwhile, for those who've had a go at Fergie for being arrogant:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7310727.stm

If Fergie had said what Wenger said, he would have been chastised. If Wenger had said what Fergie said, it would have been that gracious Frenchman Wenger.

Firstly, I didn't say you had a lack of chances. I said 'brilliant' chances as in you really should have scored.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong with believing in your team. Hell, look at my MSN PM. I've had that for about 4 months and I'm not taking it down since I haven't given up.

Firstly, I didn't say you had a lack of chances. I said 'brilliant' chances as in you really should have scored.
They were brilliant chances though, the ones I mentioned were one on ones and they were from about 10 yards out. We really don't finish our chances very well.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong with believing in your team. Hell, look at my MSN PM. I've had that for about 4 months and I'm not taking it down since I haven't given up.
Its a bit different a fan saying it to the manager saying it, and in all honesty, after today, it makes Mr Haribo look a tad foolish. You had a go when you said that Hargreaves had said something similar a few weeks back. By the way, you can say you'll win the league in your PM, but you're not top of the league:p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread