English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cos Hargreaves kept saying how inadequate we were. My PM will come true in 3 weeks.

Cos Hargreaves kept saying how inadequate we were. My PM will come true in 3 weeks.
Where did he say that? Give me a link and I'll believe you, otherwise I think your talking nonsense with your French tinted glasses.

Will, that means that we've gotta slip up in the Boro and Villa games and Chelski have gotta slip up once in that time as well, thats before you even think about beating us at OT:p.

It's too late now. I'd have to search for it like the articles I did before and that took ages. He just went on about how Man Utd are better than Arsenal (which they are but you don't say it!).

It's about time you lot got 4 draws in a row and what better games to do it in.

It's too late now. I'd have to search for it like the articles I did before and that took ages. He just went on about how Man Utd are better than Arsenal (which they are but you don't say it!).
You actually didn't link to it at the time, you just said about it. Isn't Wenger basically saying that Arsenal are better than United, as the best team over the season wins the league.

It's about time you lot got 4 draws in a row and what better games to do it in.
:p

Well, at the time the last line was pretty true, we'd come off the back of a few 1-0 wins, and we hadn't played brilliantly. He's stating the facts. He says how well Arsenal were playing in the same article, the opposite of you being inadequate.

Moving on, and onto a more negative subject, the vermin fans were all in full voice as they sung their munich songs as they do every year! No doubt it wont get picked up by the press and instead they'll find a way to criticise the ref.

Sigh.

I recall a fan's comment that Ronaldo would be tamed but Torres would be unstoppable.

I wish it were true.

Yep, to be honest, you've got to learn to take what the vermin say with a pinch of salt. They're all deluded, I mean before today, they thought they had a chance of winning the league still. Andy Gray was the same, getting moist about how Gerrard and Torres are so good that they'll be amazing against United today on sky this morning. Rio btw was quality today, one of the best, probably the best centre back in the world at the moment, makes defending look so easy and controlled Torres so well today. He'll be getting a phone call from the Spain manager soon, cos Spain want Torres out of Rio's pocket for Wednesday.

I watched both games (shortly after getting up having been watching the cricket all night) and the quality seemed to be much higher in the Manure/Liverpool game than the Arsenal/Chelski one. Thought that Chelski were pretty lucky - their goals came when Arsenal were a bit confused at the back with injuries and substitutions.
For the record I think that Rooney should have had a penalty and Mascerano should have kept his mouth shut and got what he deserved. The Rooney thing was ridiculous - essentially he was penalised for not going down and making a fuss. It was clearly a penalty and it should have been given after he managed to stay on his feet.

It seems wth Drogba up front, Chelsea can punt it up to him, he'll turn/hold it up for himself or Joe Cole and then end result will be goal. That's how the goals happened. Drogba is just too strong and too good in the air. He won everything.

Without him, Chelsea would be forced to keep the ball in midfield more and I reckon we would have won. 6 points looks ugly especially with Man Utd's GD. What a time for a season to stagnate.

It will be an absolute travesty if we finish 3rd.

For the record I think that Rooney should have had a penalty and Mascerano should have kept his mouth shut and got what he deserved. The Rooney thing was ridiculous - essentially he was penalised for not going down and making a fuss. It was clearly a penalty and it should have been given after he managed to stay on his feet.
Yeah spot on, I forgot to mention about the Rooney incident. People often have a go at United when they go on about diving, but no one has really praised Rooney for not going down yesterday, it would have been a definite penalty and should have been even though he stayed on his feet. I can't imagine players like Drogba, Gerrard or even Adebayor doing that.

Will, if you finish third then yep, your season will have gone downhill, but at the end of the season, the table doesn't lie. Whatever will happen will have been deserved.

Last edited:
We managed a wen! Oh sorry, it's been so long I forgot how to spell it.

Not sure if this is the best thread but I can't see an England/France one...
Thought we looked quite good passing-wise in the first half but were toothless throughout. Bit of a worry when England lose to the team Scotland beat twice and Scotland draw with the team England lost to twice.
Encouraging signs first half; thought the second half was dire. 4-4-2, belt it up to Crouch and cross your fingers. I'm sure Capello doesn't want the team to play like that but it seems to be the only way most the team knows still.
Downing shouldn't be near an international shirt and neither should Bridge. Beckham wasn't great but there's no-one putting themselves forward as a replacement.
Overall not too bad a performance but lots and lots of work needed.

Not sure if this is the best thread but I can't see an England/France one...
Thought we looked quite good passing-wise in the first half but were toothless throughout. Bit of a worry when England lose to the team Scotland beat twice and Scotland draw with the team England lost to twice.
Encouraging signs first half; thought the second half was dire. 4-4-2, belt it up to Crouch and cross your fingers. I'm sure Capello doesn't want the team to play like that but it seems to be the only way most the team knows still.
Downing shouldn't be near an international shirt and neither should Bridge. Beckham wasn't great but there's no-one putting themselves forward as a replacement.
Overall not too bad a performance but lots and lots of work needed.

I think what Capello is doing is right. The players who haven't been in the set-up for a long time have been picked on form. Downing's (& Wheater) have been playing well for an average team, and they should be at least given a chance to see how they fare on the international stage. Ok, they may have had poor games, but it was worth a shout. They were playing against the best team in the world (IMO), and if it had worked out for them everybody would be singing Capello's praises for such inspired call-ups.

As for Beckham's replacement, I would like to see Ashley Young on the right for England. Not doing too bad a job @ Villa (on the left, granted), and he looks like he can cross the ball.

Jon Walters is immense, and should play for England, but that's just me with my Town bias lol. (Seriously, you should see him play next season...[Injured now])

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread