English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What were you saying about FA Cup attendances, Phil? ;)

What were you saying about FA Cup attendances, Phil? ;)
What about all the empty seats in the lower tier in the middle of the pitch and in the Club Wembley seats. And, seeing as Fratton Park's capacity is in the low 20,000's, the fact that they got 30,000 showed what football is coming to, loads of daytrippers and supposed "fans" or Jonny Come Lately's for whom it would probably have been their first game, its all very well supporting them in a cup semi final, where were they the previous week when they couldn't sell out for the game against Wigan.

I'd imagine its the same situation for the other 3 clubs, maybe with the exception of West Brom.

What about all the empty seats in the lower tier in the middle of the pitch and in the Club Wembley seats. And, seeing as Fratton Park's capacity is in the low 20,000's, the fact that they got 30,000 showed what football is coming to, loads of daytrippers and supposed "fans" or Jonny Come Lately's for whom it would probably have been their first game, its all very well supporting them in a cup semi final, where were they the previous week when they couldn't sell out for the game against Wigan.

I'd imagine its the same situation for the other 3 clubs, maybe with the exception of West Brom.

This post stinks to high hell of sour grapes and elitism.

There are thousands of fans of clubs who can't go to the games, because they can't get a ticket. They had more available for the Wembley game, so they could go, and they did, why does it matter if it was their first Portsmouth game? It doesn't.

Let's get one thing straight: Portsmouth vs Cardiff > Man Utd vs Chelsea. This final will have raw British enthusiasm. Both teams will be trying excruciatingly hard to win it. In most respects it will be a better spectacle than the Man Utd vs Chelsea one last year. And it's the fan's day. Let them have it!

This post stinks to high hell of sour grapes and elitism.
Personally I think that sums up most of Phil's posts in the football forum.

He calls himself a fan but he seems to get more enjoyment over moaning about other clubs than actually supporting his own,

Phil, your posts here are aggressive, arrogant, confrontational and very unlike the style a forum "moderator" should be looking to.

In fairness (and playing devil's advocate here) he's not a moderator of this particular forum. If he was then I'd agree that his blatant Manchester United favouritism and slurs on other clubs would be completely wrong. But he is only a mod of the Story forum so do his posts here affect that (as long as they don't break the rules)?

I would argue though that I find his signature disgusting - it's almost racism...

I don't think there's anything wrong with his sig. I live in a Liverpool home and I think it's hilarious.

I'm not going to enter any fan debate here, but I will add that I think it's a joke that the semis are played at Wembley. What was wrong with playing them at grounds like Villa Park and Old Trafford like we used to?

Phil, your posts here are aggressive, arrogant, confrontational and very unlike the style a forum "moderator" should be looking to.

I couldnt agree more. Personally I have got sick and tired of the number of attacks he has made on me. Serious attitude issues.

I agree with Evo.

Why should be play an English Domestic Cup final in Wales and have our national stadium demoted to hosting the semi-final?

but I will add that I think it's a joke that the semis are played at Wembley. What was wrong with playing them at grounds like Villa Park and Old Trafford like we used to?
Because Wembley cost the FA far much more than they wanted it to and by god they are going to get their money's worth.

Walcott for England...

I think it might be worth a go Wenger starting him on the right against Utd.

I still can't believe Arsenal 'fans' are calling for Wenger's head. He is Arsenal. But then again, if your team isn't winning anything, you'll look anywhere for an excuse, even the manager who brought us all this success.

Chelsea FTW!

Well seeing as i'm the premiership thread I may aswell comment. I think a win against Blackburn should secure 4th if Everton slip up, not sure who they're are playing. Thinking Rafa might rest a couple which is a fair enough and revert to 4-2-3-1.

We've got Brum away followed by Chelsea at home, then Arse away, then Villa and Newcastle at home to finish the season off. I'm quite happy with 5th tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread