English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil, your posts here are aggressive, arrogant, confrontational and very unlike the style a forum "moderator" should be looking to.
A) I'm not moderator of this forum.
B) Am I not allowed to say what I believe, and I actually dont think my post was aggressive.

Lee, you say that there are thousands of fans that can't get to the games. Where were these fans when Portsmouth couldn't sell out against Wigan the previous week? Eh? Nowhere to be seen, they're fans probably from Portsmouth who dont bother when it comes to games in the Premiership, but go to the big games. Its stinks of part-time supporters and I'm not going to hold back on this one. I think actually Will got it right a few weeks ago when he was fed up with the "holiour than though" attitude. Oh yeah, that West Brom vs Pompey game was an absolute cracker wasn't it.:rolleyes: You can't say that the Club Wembley seats were fully because they blatently weren't. Of course it matters whether its their first game by the way, it shows they can only be bothered when they're close to glory, which if United, Chelski, Liverpool and Arsenal fans did, would be called glory hunting.

And to all you criticising me, I'm saying what I think. m_vaughan, I dont have a problem with you, I have a problem with some of your views. I dont get enjoyment about moaning about other clubs, Will put a question to me and I answered it, it was Lee that took the "holiour than though" attitude.

In order for my sig to be racism, scouse would have to be a race. Its called banter.

Onto a more positive note, yeah the FA cup semis played at Wembley was an absolute joke. It takes away from the occasion of going to Wembley for the final. Anything for the FA to get money from.

Yeah, from what I've seen of Walcott recently, he seems to have been impressive, I'm talking about like the last few months and its showed. Definitely one goal against Birmingham, maybe two? When he played against Milan he did well iirc and as I've said his run on Tuesday was immense.

I've seen better. The run wasn't that complex, it was all about speed, he didn't veer of the straight and narrow, and no defender but any kind of real challenge in.

i hope walcott starts...wenger should have learnt a lesson by now of not playin eboue...i mean walcott immidiately caused pool probelms after coming on and i think he's done more good after playing half as much games as eboue has...for me eboue, senderos, hoyte, gilberto and lehmann should be sold this season the later 2 just cos they are getting too old now...and buy some quality in defence (zapata being linked) and also a good striker/winger e.g. robinho, quaresma, deigo etc...who are all linked with arsenal...i hope he spends some money this time, on quality players that we already know can produce the good game after game after game...

also wenger is thinking of playin gilberto in midfield as flamini is injured (big blow) which i think is entirely wrong...you tell me, how will he be able to catch up with the likes of ronaldo, rooney, tevez, nani...the list goes on...he should play a younger player such as song or denilson who have got that extra bit of pace in them...so my team would be:

Almunia

Eboue(better than playin in right mid) Toure Gallas Clichy

Walcott Fabregas Song/Denilson Hleb

RVP Adebayor

*Diaby would have probably played but i think he's suspended...

I dont want to dwell on it. But just because you don't moderate this particular forum doesn't mean you can behave like a tit here. It wasn't that post in particular its more a feeling that you seem to attack people who dare to disagree with you.

I know you are passionate but try being a little more positive and accepting towards others.

Personally I don't have a problem with your sig, or anything else you say about Liverpool, in my opinion it makes you look a bit small minded, continuous slurs aren't big or clever, but whatever floats your boat.

I dont want to dwell on it. But just because you don't moderate this particular forum doesn't mean you can behave like a tit here. It wasn't that post in particular its more a feeling that you seem to attack people who dare to disagree with you.

I know you are passionate but try being a little more positive and accepting towards others.
I dont think I'm behaving like a 'tit' as you put it. Fair enough, I could be a little more positive but when you get some of the views on here calling Ronaldo a cheat, myself and other United fans glory hunters, United lucky and the Championship being the saving grace of football, it is difficult.

Personally I don't have a problem with your sig, or anything else you say about Liverpool, in my opinion it makes you look a bit small minded, continuous slurs aren't big or clever, but whatever floats your boat.
Because Liverpool fans dont have any chants about us..:p

However good the Championship has been for the previous 2/3 years, it has been poor this season.

Lehmann is a better keeper than Almunia. Almunia is not at all reliable and he never seems to keep us in the game with a spectacular save. It's more than just our defensive frailties that prevent us from keeping a clean sheet. On quite a few occasions, he could have done better, namely against Chelsea. Lehmann may have made mistakes but he is a proven keeper, he won us the 2005 FA Cup Final and looked comforable when Almunia was injured.

Senderos should stay. He has potential. He's strong and a good header. He needs to learn how to track runs, pressurise and be a little less clumsy when i comes to challenges and getting his hand out of the way.

Why are people calling for Eboue's head after a few average performances? He was instrumental in our early success with his brilliant link up play with Sagna and he also provides a defensive option if needed. His finishing is atrocious though. Still, I would start Walcott against Utd even though he is a great burst of energy after he comes off the bench.

Additionally, with Gilberto at defensive mid, we'll need extra pace down the wing. It's no wonder we played so well at the start of the season. We had a full squad. Now, we get an injury every game.

Van Persie is running out of time to find his form and more improtantly, his shooting boots but he is showing signs.

We definitely will not play Hoyte as Ronaldo would tear him up, eat him, spit him out and glue him back together just so he could do it all over even though O am sure Ronaldo will drift in. I'm sure we'll play Toure at CB and we might play Eboue at RB. We need to play Toure at CB because of Ronaldo and I don't see Senderos playing Rooney very well when it comes to long balls.

I hope senderos plays, but then if Eboue plays I'm not too fussed either :)
PFA nominations announced today, obviously Ronaldo wins but Rio should have been on there, I guess they didn't have the balls to pick between him and Vidic though.

How on earth has Gerrard made his way into that shortlist? I'm sick of the way this country bums up to that man.

Glad to see James in there though.

How on earth has Gerrard made his way into that shortlist? I'm sick of the way this country bums up to that man.

Glad to see James in there though.

Cos he's one of the most influential players on a game in England i guess? Even if he's playing crap...and seeing as like defending Gerrard to the death, he's got 20 goals in 42 starts and countless assists must go with that...:D

Oh I remember, Phil Neville is meant to be better ;)

You got PES yet?

Last edited:
Flamini, Ferdinand and Bentley over Gerrard in my opinion. I'm not denying he hasn't had a bad season, has he has had a decent season put I wouldn't but him in there just because he is Steven Mr.Liverpool Gerrard.

Yes he has had a decent enough season.
But I don't like him and I don't think he should be picked for England. Most of them are absolutley pants when it come to playing for England but when playing at club level they are scoring goals frantically.
That's what I don't get? England haven't been the same for years.

Excited and anxious about tomorrow's game in equal proportions. A win and I think we'll win the league, if we lose however, then Arsenal are back in it and Chelsea could be level on points with us on Monday. Ronaldo and Rooney's rests against Roma midweek could be important as we need them to be fresh at this time in the season. We need to go and do to them what we did in February.

In tomorrow's programme (I got it this morning through the club's delivery service), there is a piece asking United fans not to sing a song about Arsene Wenger:p after there were complaints from fans after the cup game. I had to laugh when I saw it, that will just make more people sing it.:D

duff=wenger

Looking forward to the game, interested to see what team fergie puts out, don't feel we know our best XI like last year

"We'll win the league", sorry what? You play for united now do you, lets get an autograph. The real football fans and players alike will be out crappy pitches slogging it out tomorrow. Not sitting in a big stadium food in hand shouting some crap about how good 'you' are. Im a united fan but come on you dont need to act like you play for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread