English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil, we can't complain about the reffing in this game as it was a defo pen and Bayor handballed it so we were lucky but we can complain about our recent run of decisions. As for Toure's foul, we wouldn't have needed an equaliser had Adebayor's goal not been wrongly disallowed.
Fair point and I know but I'm just saying that not all the decisions have been going your way.

I actually didnt spot the other bit of text at first:p Was going to praise you for having a go at Gallas, he really is no kind of captain though is he? He's a good centre-back, but his attitude is poor sometimes. Would you have seen Keane, Beckham, Neville, or even from you Adams or Viera do what he did at Birmingham?

Outplayed is a strong word, but you were the better side in the first half, I'd say we just about shaded the second half, although again, you probably had more chances in it.

We outplayed Arsenal by 2 goals to 1 :p

Come one Wigan now. On the premiership predictor I have us finishing top by 6 points, Liverpool edging out Everton by a point, Fulham finishing above Bolton but going down by 1 point.

It's not just the Birmingham match; it's his general demeanour on the pitch. Instead of gee-ing up his team mates after a mistake, he's ready to let loose. Also, what the hell was with the handball?

He may get the odd goal but he doesn't lead by example at the back. He doesn't rally everyone else but keeps to himself. Adams was probably a gobby twat but he was perfect as was Vieira. Gallas is not an inspiration. Toure is.

It's not just the Birmingham match; it's his general demeanour on the pitch. Instead of gee-ing up his team mates after a mistake, he's ready to let loose. Also, what the hell was with the handball?

He may get the odd goal but he doesn't lead by example at the back. He doesn't rally everyone else but keeps to himself. Adams was probably a gobby twat but he was perfect as was Vieira. Gallas is not an inspiration. Toure is.
Ah, so you actually meant what you said at first. I thought you were joking after what you said in the white text then:p. Yeah, you are right, Viera and Adams were good captains, motivators and 'hard men', although Keano saw to the former:p. Gallas has nothing of that, I mean as well as the Birmingham game, look at the cup game against us. He starts getting frustrated and kicking out at Nani, it doesn't set a great example to the other players. Looking in the outside, you'd say maybe Toure, Flamini if he stays possibly?

Ah, so you actually meant what you said at first. I thought you were joking after what you said in the white text then:p. Yeah, you are right, Viera and Adams were good captains, motivators and 'hard men', although Keano saw to the former:p. Gallas has nothing of that, I mean as well as the Birmingham game, look at the cup game against us. He starts getting frustrated and kicking out at Nani, it doesn't set a great example to the other players. Looking in the outside, you'd say maybe Toure, Flamini if he stays possibly?

Any chance you meant to include 'from', Phil? ;)

Otherwise, that makes no sense.

I didn't mean the part about 'the wheels coming off'.

Thankfully, Keane and Vieira never lashed out.

Any chance you meant to include 'from', Phil? ;)

Otherwise, that makes no sense.
Yeah I did:p.

Thankfully, Keane and Vieira never lashed out.
For an Arsenal fan perhaps:p. This is the closest they got and Keano showed who was boss.

Legend! That match was decided in the tunnel.

Typical Chelski fans, booing in the first half:p. I guess the goal was inevitable and we couldn't have expected anything. Joe, I'm beginning to come round to your superstitious way of thinking, I sat down in the same spot for the first half and 10 minutes of second half, then moved, then sat back down and Chelski scored:p.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't mean against eachother :p

Vieira had half a foot on Keane. Vieira versus Keane would be Lewis versus Tyson and we all know who won. ;)

Last edited:
Viera was trying to have a go at Gary Neville, who's not the biggest of men:p As soon as Keano came over he rushed off down the tunnel.:p

He was merely asking Neville for directions towards the pitch and when he got his answer he preceeded in the right direction.

I do think Vieira could take Keane. ;)

He was merely asking Neville for directions towards the pitch and when he got his answer he preceeded in the right direction.
:p

I do think Vieira could take Keane. ;)
If he's turned into the player that we saw in the Inter Liverpool game then he couldn't take Gallas:p.

GET IN THEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HESKEY YOU BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU PIE EATING LEGENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

We're gonna win the league, we're gonna win the league, and now you're gonna believe us and now you're gonna believe us and now you're gonna believe us, we're gonna win the league.

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
That was awesome from Wigan.
E. Heskey was awesome.Scored in Last minute..Chelsea was loose at defense in last minutes..

I hope John Terry cries himself to sleep, tonight. 'English Backbone'...

Agreed, you need to elect a new captain, a real captain should never lose it like that, he was like a kid in the playground when that penalty was given!
I do feel a little bit sorry for you guys, you've played some great football, it did deserve some reward.

As for Chelskovoloniski (got bored with 'Chelski'), they've tripped over their laces again, haven't they? Here's to your boys, Evertonfan, finishing them off on Thursday. And I back our boys to put their unbeaten home record to bed as well! Come on, United!!

Heskey :) got to play again in 3 days too.

Will Keano would kill Viera, haven't you seen snatch? :D Those Irish are 'ard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread