English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only got a couple of hours sleep before I got up to watch that.

I'm not going to see the funny side for a while.

And they are still unbeaten at home.
Great Match for Ballack.
2 Goals.
Again not Convincing penalty for Chelsea IMO.
Who the hell was supporting Man U??:p

Lets hate Ballack on MSN Joe. I hate Drogba too just for injuring Vidic

No lets just spam this thread full of chelsea hate and then upset some of the idiot twatty chelsea fans like jaztheman and mvaughan who have never been to a football match and don't een know what it means to support a team.

I hate Drogba for being a twat however I like his relationship with Ballack because they managed to show us how small time chelsea are and how they are all bitchy and gay and we are a team just one with the hardest man in the world with teeth through his lip and Rooney witha dodgy hip because he's getting on a bit.

I think Chelsea have been spending too much time with Tom Hicks

I thought it was a cracking game. I was rooting for Chelsea as a good southern softie and to keep the title race alive but wouldn't have cared too much if Man U had won.
Thought the victory was deserved despite the dodgy penalty. Chelsea played really well in the first half and were the better team. Still think Utd are favourites. Chelsea have to go away to Newcastle and also play Bolton whereas Utd have West Ham and Wigan.
Would love to see a rematch in the CL final ;)

I actually wasn't going to post in this thread after the game, to keep quiet and hope nobody bragged, but agree with both Joe's points about Chelsea fans. Their fans sung hardly anything until the last few minutes and when they did sing, they ripped off one of our songs, changing "red flag" to "blue flag". Obviously not knowing that we have other verses to that song. And some Chelsea fans have never been to games and probably started supporting in 2005.

But, what on earth was Fergie doing today!? :mad: Its the most important time of the season, play your best players for gods sake! The league is always the priority, its the bread and butter, and we need to get to 19 as quickly as possible! So then, why leave out Ronaldo, Tevez, Evra, Scholes. Then, why when it is 1-1, do we bring off Anderson who was driving forward, and bring on O'Shea. He isn't going to do anything and it meant if they scored, which they did, we couldn't bring Tevez on!

I'm sorry, Giggs is a legend, but he's playing for the record at the moment, he just looked confused again today. Nani's distribution was shocking and in general, we sat back way too much in the first half. We were better in the second half, but then lost it again when we scored. Hopefully Rooney's Ok for Wednesday, but we are in danger of self-capitulating our season here and with the players we've got, that is just not good enough.

And they are still unbeaten at home.
Great Match for Ballack.
2 Goals.
Again not Convincing penalty for Chelsea IMO.
Who the hell was supporting Man U??:p

Well, we'll just have to get them back for that in the CL Final then, won't we? Anyway, can anyone really see us slipping up against West Ham at home (they haven't got Tevez now) and Wigan (our old friend Steve Bruce's team)? I can't, for sure. Wigan will probably be safe by the last day and Chelskovski still have to go to Newcastle, where Michael Owen is in his best form for years!

Thank God for our goal difference though!

Here's to another typical end of season run in for Utd (in other words, making it hard for ourselves)! Keep the faith guys, you've bought and paid for that title, all you have to do now is collect.

Phil why Wednesday has Fergie arranged a secret match if so our players will be knackered

I actually wasn't going to post in this thread after the game, to keep quiet and hope nobody bragged, but agree with both Joe's points about Chelsea fans. Their fans sung hardly anything until the last few minutes and when they did sing, they ripped off one of our songs, changing "red flag" to "blue flag". Obviously not knowing that we have other verses to that song. And some Chelsea fans have never been to games and probably started supporting in 2005.

But, what on earth was Fergie doing today!? :mad: Its the most important time of the season, play your best players for gods sake! The league is always the priority, its the bread and butter, and we need to get to 19 as quickly as possible! So then, why leave out Ronaldo, Tevez, Evra, Scholes. Then, why when it is 1-1, do we bring off Anderson who was driving forward, and bring on O'Shea. He isn't going to do anything and it meant if they scored, which they did, we couldn't bring Tevez on!

I'm sorry, Giggs is a legend, but he's playing for the record at the moment, he just looked confused again today. Nani's distribution was shocking and in general, we sat back way too much in the first half. We were better in the second half, but then lost it again when we scored. Hopefully Rooney's Ok for Wednesday, but we are in danger of self-capitulating our season here and with the players we've got, that is just not good enough.

When Sir Alex's team was announced, I have to admit I was a bit worried. Playing a weakened team against our main title rivals at their own ground was a bit....mystifying and tells me that Fergie is still a bit too fixated on the CL and by making this decision, he has put our season at risk of falling to bits at the last. I don't think it'll happen, but it would've been nice to put the league to bed today.

I don't think Carrick's penalty should've been given, he was clearly taking his hand away at the point of impact, it wasn't like he just hung it out and controlled the ball with it!

How have we done the last three times we've played against them?

Yeah, GG, it's a secret dont you know?

Yep, but now we actually have to win and when we really have to win (especially at home), we tend to get what we need. I'm glad it isn't West Ham on the last day, I very glad it isn't at Upton Park and hopefully Wigan will be safe come last day and therefore not have that much to play for.

Last edited:
When Sir Alex's team was announced, I have to admit I was a bit worried. Playing a weakened team against our main title rivals at their own ground was a bit....mystifying and tells me that Fergie is still a bit too fixated on the CL and by making this decision, he has put our season at risk of falling to bits at the last. I don't think it'll happen, but it would've been nice to put the league to bed today.
Too right, a club of our size and a manager like Ferguson should have won the Champions League more often, but he has to get round his obsession with it. The league will always be the bread and butter. Teams can win the Champions League without being the best team (see: Porto in 04, Scousers in 05), but the best team generally wins the league. If he'd have played his strongest side today and Tuesday and won them both, then he could have rested for the next two weeks before Moscow. Now, he's got to play his strongest side in the next three games and then go over to Moscow if we win on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread