English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you not see the SIS in the crowd?

Anyway, Fergie has always had a little too much to say in the past.

Like Colin said before, despite the lucky penalty we had, I thought overall we were the better side and deserved to win. Even Rooney's goal was a gift and I would be gutted if the score had stayed at 1-1.

Not jumping yet though as United can still win it by winning their two games, and we also have tough matches against Newcastle and Bolton.

I have to say, despite playing some really average football throughout the season, we still manage to draw level on points with Manure, who have probably played awesome all season. Shows how playing classy might not always be enough, as some Arsenal fans will tell you. Cruel but true.

Now for a re-match in Moscow??

Like Colin said before, despite the lucky penalty we had, I thought overall we were the better side and deserved to win.
I can't say that I disagree with that, you were the better side, we did well in the second half but you were excellent in the first half.

About Moscow, yeah, I hope you beat the Scousers, then if we get there, then we've got to have some luck against you in one of the big games after last year's cup final and today!:p

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7369207.stm

I actually love Patrice Evra! He's brilliant! Theres a picture other than the one in that link showing Evra going towards the one of the Chelsea groundstaff!:p:D

I don't see what a Liverpool v Barca final has to do with it :p

I really, really hope Chelsea DON'T win the title. When I think of them I just think fake, fake, boring, boring, fake, boring. A fake team made up of money and a boring '1-0 to the Chelsea' style of play.

I have to say, despite playing some really average football throughout the season, we still manage to draw level on points with Manure, who have probably played awesome all season. Shows how playing classy might not always be enough, as some Arsenal fans will tell you. Cruel but true.
To contradict that though, we win our last two games and you win your last two games. We win the league on goal difference, showing how attacking football can pay off.

I'm actually feeling ok now, win our next 4 games and we win a historic double:D. If we can't beat West Ham and Wigan we dont deserve the league, now lets get to Moscow on Tuesday night!

Like Colin said before, despite the lucky penalty we had, I thought overall we were the better side and deserved to win. Even Rooney's goal was a gift and I would be gutted if the score had stayed at 1-1.

Not jumping yet though as United can still win it by winning their two games, and we also have tough matches against Newcastle and Bolton.

Now for a re-match in Moscow??

Have you forgotten our start to the season? If we'd have started properly, we'd be miles away now. As for the rematch in Moscow, you're on! All we have to do is 'force' Barca and Liverpool respectively to agree!

I've just seen MoTD on BBC 1 and I have to disagree with Hansen and the rest of the panel on the Ronaldo appeal that wasn't given. The corner came in, Ronaldo went to go for the ball and Ballack wrestled him back, pure and simple. I'm gonna be more than a little pissed if that costs us the title!
I don't quite go as far as what Queiroz said at the end of the game, but he's right, if we got that stonewaller against Portsmouth, we'd be on for the Treble once again. But to say what he said about having to get a gun and shoot a player to get a penalty, that was a little bit over the top!

Also, what the hell is it with Rooney and Chelsea at Stamford Bridge? Every time he plays there, he seems to pick up some injury or other! Anyway, when's all said, Chelsea did deserve the win today, we were far too negative in the first half and we cannot afford to do that against Barca. I don't think we will and I reckon we'll finish the season with a double of Premiership and Champions League. I'd love it if we got to the final and beat Liverpool (or Chelskovsoloni), I'd love it!

To contradict that though, we win our last two games and you win your last two games. We win the league on goal difference, showing how attacking football can pay off.

I'm actually feeling ok now, win our next 4 games and we win a historic double:D. If we can't beat West Ham and Wigan we dont deserve the league, now lets get to Moscow on Tuesday night!

True enough and we do deserve the league, so I think we will beat them. We owe West Ham in particular a good thrashing, it'll be nice if it happens next Saturday. And I still think Chelski will slip up against Newcastle.

Last edited:
Did anyone from Chelsea order a leprechaun much?

But in all fairness, the 20 or so minutes I saw Chelsea were great. I barely saw United with the ball.

What goes around, comes around. We didn't run around like spoilt kids complaining about Mikel's red card and the penalty when we lost at OT. Its funny how some people think Man United have a divine right to win.

All said and done, we deserved to win. I must say though, when Andriy Shevchenko saves you the game with a injury time goal line clearance, you know luck's on your side!

As has already been said, United remain favourites. Steve Bruce will do his old boss a favour if his side aren't relegation threatened, but with West Ham, you never know. It's all about momentum, and if Barca win at OT, United could very well end up trophyless.

I think the major difference between the two sides is Man Utd've snatched late equalizers in many of their games, while we've conceded late equalizers on numerous occasions.

Wigan, Aston Villa, Tottenham, Everton - all last minute equalizers, and that's 8 points we dropped.

Whereas United have snatched late draws against Tottenham, Blackburn, and Middlesbrough.

What goes around, comes around. We didn't run around like spoilt kids complaining about Mikel's red card and the penalty when we lost at OT.
You did, you all surrounded the ref and your captain tried to take the card our of the ref's hand.

I noticed something the other day, since Ronaldo's changed his boots he's not been anywhere near as effective from free-kicks. He started the season with the popular orange boots and was banging free-kicks in with regularity, but now he's changed to his new red ones i've not seen him score a free-kick. Co-incidence ? Probably, but its certainly interesting.

You did, you all surrounded the ref and your captain tried to take the card our of the ref's hand.

Exactly and what about Ballack and Drogba over that free kick? If that wasn't childish, I don't know what is!

I can't stand Chelsea because they have merely bought their success, whereas Utd's finances were built up over a long, long period through the club's success on and off the pitch. We didn't just have some Russian prat turn up and throw money at us! And if he decides to take his chequebook away and leave, your beloved team may well find themselves in the same position as Blackburn a few years after their title win, because let's face it, if he does get tired of throwing millions at the team and not winning the CL or even the Premiership anymore and leaves, then you are so stuffed!

Here's to that day!:p

Rightio calmed down after that, would just like to say, Chelsea are gay.

Anyway other sides would lose the title from here but I can't see us doing it, not with fergie in charge. If we do oh well, can't win it every year and we'll just go and do it next year. I hope we do get Chelsea in the CL final too, having beaten the scousers for a zillion games in a row it would be just like them to win it against us but having lost against Chelsea I think we would beat them in the final, we have too much character too lose to them in that game. Lampards back too which is good news because Chelsea never play as well with him and Ballack in the same side.

Rightio calmed down after that, would just like to say, Man United are gay.

Anyway other sides would lose the title from here but I can't see us doing it, not with fergie in charge. If we do oh well, can't win it every year and we'll just go and do it next year. I hope we do get Chelsea in the CL final too, having beaten the scousers for a zillion games in a row it would be just like them to win it against us but having lost against Chelsea I think we would beat them in the final, we have too much character too lose to them in that game. Lampards back too which is good news because Chelsea never play as well with him and Ballack in the same side.

Wigan>Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread