English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
England were knocked out in a penalty shoot out.

Indeed and many, many times before, we've been knocked out of international tournaments because of a ****** referee (the amount of times Sol Campbell has had important goals disallowed for England when there was nothing wrong with them is ridiculous).

Let's get one thing straight: England always have been and always will be better than Australia at football!

Indeed and many, many times before, we've been knocked out of international tournaments because of a ****** referee (the amount of times Sol Campbell has had important goals disallowed for England when there was nothing wrong with them is ridiculous).

Let's get one thing straight: England always have been and always will be better than Australia at football!

You werent to good in 2006 and trust me i watched them!

You werent to good in 2006 and trust me i watched them!

Didn't you see the Portugal game? We were all over them and they were so lucky that they didn't lose. Ronaldo hardly got any change out of Ashley Cole at all. If Rooney had've been fully fit for example, he would've scored, instead of that air-kick he produced. I have no doubt that if England had've got the bit of luck they deserved, we would've been much better in the remainder of the tournament. There is no doubt about it though, England are not a lucky team, if we were, we would've won Italia 1990 and England 1996 at least.

lol i was just teasing i really meant Blackburn 1 Manchester United 1.

Slightly confused here, what has Blackburn 1 Utd 1 got to do with Wigan? Please explain!

Last edited:
Didn't you see the Portugal game? We were all over them and they were so lucky that they didn't lose. Ronaldo hardly got any change out of Ashley Cole at all. If Rooney had've been fully fit for example, he would've scored, instead of that air-kick he produced. I have no doubt that if England had've got the bit of luck they deserved, we would've been much better in the remainder of the tournament. There is no doubt about it though, England are not a lucky team, if we were, we would've won Italia 1990 and England 1996 at least.

Did you watch Australia vs Italy match? we were also all over them.

Italy are the worst World Champions I've ever seen. There isn't a single team that really shone all the way through the tournament, not enough to call themselves the best team, at any rate. They've improved quite a bit since then though!

By the way, I'm half Italian, so I'm not having a go. Just telling it the way I see it.

Joe, wigan away!? Bloody corporates taking all the tickets:p.
:D You should drop your ST you get more games sponging tickets off people you made friends with! Might get one again next year, trying to convince everyone to get a box at united now Leicester are in league 1/will be, Problem with that is I heard boxes at united cost more thank 100k.

cricketdudemad my mum could get in an Australian regional team :p I had played in a trial game for Wigan when I was younger (admittedly they were rubbish then) and did really well.
Until I got sent off.

btw that is a stonewall penalty, you're proving my points about Aussies being clueless :p

:D You should drop your ST you get more games sponging tickets off people you made friends with! Might get one again next year, trying to convince everyone to get a box at united now Leicester are in league 1/will be, Problem with that is I heard boxes at united cost more thank 100k.

cricketdudemad my mum could get in an Australian regional team :p I had played in a trial game for Wigan when I was younger (admittedly they were rubbish then) and did really well.
Until I got sent off.

btw that is a stonewall penalty, you're proving my points about Aussies being clueless :p

Get your mum to australia she can play midfield for the australian MEN team.

Until I got sent off.

Do you mean the penalty that Italy got against them in 2006? Agreed, (but then I would say that, being half Italian)!

Then she would have ot be my father. Or were you talking about the Australian manchester evening news arena team?
dasdsdasnr0.jpg

HAR HAR HAR.

mr76 yes i do mean that peno.

MasterBlaster76 said:
Exactly and what about Ballack and Drogba over that free kick? If that wasn't childish, I don't know what is!

That was embarassing, I agree. Drogba should've been brought off then and there for his antics.

But what's equally childish is when Carlos Queroz comes in and says they don't get a penalty unless their player is 'shot down with a gun'.

MasterBlaster76 said:
I can't stand Chelsea because they have merely bought their success, whereas Utd's finances were built up over a long, long period through the club's success on and off the pitch. We didn't just have some Russian prat turn up and throw money at us! And if he decides to take his chequebook away and leave, your beloved team may well find themselves in the same position as Blackburn a few years after their title win, because let's face it, if he does get tired of throwing millions at the team and not winning the CL or even the Premiership anymore and leaves, then you are so stuffed!

Abramovich > Glazer.

And are we getting offtopic or what?

Last edited:
But what's equally childish is when Carlos Queroz comes in and says they don't get a penalty unless their player is 'shot down with a gun'.
I agree that he should take some responsibility for recent negative football, however he's got a point about blatent ones recently. We should have had one at Boro, Blackburn, Barcelona, and the one where Ronaldo was tugged back at the corner yesterday. They all weren't given. If we go on and win this title, all these dodgy ref decisions and the media slating will be even sweeter. We thrive on that, no one likes us, and we don't care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread