English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't we hold onto a lead atm? West Ham, Birmingham, now Villa.
Villa are now 3 pts behind us with two to play and a better goal difference.
Portsmouth are probably out the race for 5th after their defeat to Blackburn but we need to 3 points from Arsenal away and Newcastle home minimum I'd reckon. Even then it might not be enough. :(

Why are chelsea fans proud of their owner, it's pathetic. He's devaluing the club not even treatingthem as a business he's using them as his hobby, he's bought your success and not earnt it and he's going to drop you right in it when he leaves. Alright he might not be as bad as Glazer but united fans aren't proud of him, most of them are still hoping he dies and at least they tried to do something about it, and some of them did by going to support FC. Chelsea just got all giddy at the idea of becoming a plastic club in return for a few trophys. There's a reason you're all called rent boys and it's not just because you're all gay.

Why are chelsea fans proud of their owner, it's pathetic. He's devaluing the club not even treatingthem as a business he's using them as his hobby, he's bought your success and not earnt it and he's going to drop you right in it when he leaves. Alright he might not be as bad as Glazer but united fans aren't proud of him, most of them are still hoping he dies and at least they tried to do something about it, and some of them did by going to support FC. Chelsea just got all giddy at the idea of becoming a plastic club in return for a few trophys. There's a reason you're all called rent boys and it's not just because you're all gay.
So true, he's better than Glazer, but unfortunately, who isn't! Chelsea used to have some traditions but as Joe said, they've become a plastic support. United opposed the Glazers, they welcomed Abramovich, they need to see long term instead of the trophies that blind their vision in the short term. Once he's had enough of his toy, Abramovich will just put Chelsea to the side and forget about them.

Why can't we hold onto a lead atm? West Ham, Birmingham, now Villa.
Villa are now 3 pts behind us with two to play and a better goal difference.
Portsmouth are probably out the race for 5th after their defeat to Blackburn but we need to 3 points from Arsenal away and Newcastle home minimum I'd reckon. Even then it might not be enough. :(

You'll beat Arsenal don't worry ;)

Italy are the worst World Champions I've ever seen. There isn't a single team that really shone all the way through the tournament, not enough to call themselves the best team, at any rate. They've improved quite a bit since then though!

By the way, I'm half Italian, so I'm not having a go. Just telling it the way I see it.

Trust me I hate the Italians too, but have to admit that they (the national side) raise their game when it matters the most. Their tactics might be cheap but is at the end of the day effective.

Spain recently played Italy and a friendly and outplayed them to win 1-0, but come a crucial knockout world cup or euro game, the Italians always seem to have the last laugh. Also you cant deny the fact that they have quality all over the park.

Their domestic league has fallen apart in recent years but they do have a few "non-Italian" style teams in Fiorentina and Lazio who like to attack like the Spanish sides.

Leicester Fox said:

And you are the most arrogant soul I've probably met (alongside Mr.Phil). Agreed, that Chelsea have bought their success while United have had to work for theirs for a long period of time. But how is that our fault? I cant stop supporting them when a foreigner comes and buys the club. To be honest, when the deal did go through (it happened all of a sudden), I was initially against it. But then I was really pissed off with the way Bates and Co. were handling the club and getting us into more and more and more debt. We needed to qualify for the CL, to hold on to our main players, which we did in that last season before Abramovich came. But even then it was not enough because our squad wasnt big enough for Europe and we could easily do another Leeds and lose players like Lampard, Terry and Cudicini to the Uniteds, Arsenals and Liverpools. At that time we needed some help and Abramovich provided that. Yes he did change the values and morals of the club and probably ruined the way Football used to function at one point of time, but how is that our fault?? We needed to survive in an extremely competitive environment and he offered us probably the only hope.

I am not really proud of the way Chelsea have played since then, and do miss the good old Zola and Hasselbaink days. So I have to accept the change and hope that with time things improve on the pitch and we start playing classy football as well. Whatever happens I'll still remain a Chelsea fan as much as I was when I started following English football. I'm a bigger fan of Real Madrid, since I follow Spain and Spanish football more but I've also developed a close bond for the Blues as well.

Chelsea will probably never be as great as Manchester United or Liverpool. But I'll still be wearing the blue jersey.

I do agree with Vaughan on this one to some extent. It's unfair to blame Chelsea fans for their success. It's like asking you two to stop supporting United just because the Glazers are dirty foreigners.

A lot of united fans did stop it and my uncle now goes to FC, he was the person I went to united with along with my dad when I had an ST and if I still lived there, there's a good chance I would be there until the glazers left. More and more of uniteds support are leaving because they are priced out, stupid Gayzers.

Vaughan it's nothing to do with whether you had to survive, it's the fact you go round bragging about how much money you have and how brilliant you're owner is. You seem happy that your football club is nothing but a hobby. Plus the fact about 90% of chelsea fans before this game wanted Avram Grant out, and a lot wanted him to lose to us and Liverpool just so they wouldn't have him there next year because they think they are so brilliant and such a big club that actually they need a big name to manage them shows what a bunch of batty bois they are. and how you can support 2 clubs is beyond me.

Oh and chelsea are gay.

Last edited:

True, at least when Blackburn bought the title, it was bought by a man who had supported them through thick and thin and wanted to put his own money into them. I wonder how long Abramovich has 'supported' Chelsea?

As for the Glazers, I can't bloody stand them and the sooner we get shot of them, the better. All they've done is drag us into debt, I can't understand what the point was from our point of view. We're probably stuck with them now though, unfortunately.

A lot of united fans did stop it and my uncle now goes to FC, he was the person I went to united with along with my dad when I had an ST and if I still lived there, there's a good chance I would be there until the glazers left. More and more of uniteds support are leaving because they are priced out, stupid Gayzers.

Vaughan it's nothing to do with whether you had to survive, it's the fact you go round bragging about how much money you have and how brilliant you're owner is. You seem happy that your football club is nothing but a hobby. Plus the fact about 90% of chelsea fans before this game wanted Avram Grant out, and a lot wanted him to lose to us and Liverpool just so they wouldn't have him there next year because they think they are so brilliant and such a big club that actually they need a big name to manage them shows what a bunch of batty bois they are. and how you can support 2 clubs is beyond me.

Oh and chelsea are gay.

There you go. I would never wish United to lose a match for any reason and I'm sure I speak for all Utd fans here?

I do agree with Vaughan on this one to some extent. It's unfair to blame Chelsea fans for their success. It's like asking you two to stop supporting United just because the Glazers are dirty foreigners.

It isn't the fans' fault, it's the club's fault. I don't blame the fans (apart from the ones who jumped on the Chelski bandwagon), I don't have a problem with the true Chelsea fans, the ones who have supported the club through thick and thin for years and not just started supporting them because they won a couple of titles.

Last edited:

Oh and chelsea are gay.

I dont remember bragging like that. All I said was at that time we need some help to hold on to our players and clear our debts and he was capable of doing that.

And although Avram Grant has done well for Chelsea in terms of results, I still dont think he is the right man for the job because I am not sure he has the respect of the players and the dressing room. I think Chelsea have done well (in terms of results) because of the team and the quality we have. I believe a good manager who is able to get the respect of the players will get the best out of the team. He need not necessarily be a big name but yes, experience will be crucial to managing a big squad like ours with so many internationals.

I am really confused with the attitude of you United fans to be honest. There was this time when you mocked me for supporting Chelsea saying stuff like "You'll never win anything" and now after Abramovich came and we did win a few titles you are like "You are supporting them only cuz they won two titles". Seriously, what I am supposed to do? Actually I dont care, you can keep having your opinions. I will still remain a Chelsea fan.

I think your attitude stinks.

I was talking about Chelsea fans as a whole, I wasn't even here when Bramvich took over. I never mocked you for supporting a crap team and if people d that they want to wind you up so I don't know why it would bother you. I can't believe you can doubt Grant when he could well pull off one of the biggest acheivements in English football ever.

Chelsea are gay. And thats me being polite, there was a lot of material with the whole stinky attitude but I chose not to go down that route because I am so nice.

also in other news
Frank Lampard has asked Didier Drogba not to attend his mothers funeral because he's afraid that he might dive in the box. Sorry if I'm late but I spent Saturday drowning my sorrows.

well arsenal still have a chance of winning the title(mathematically)...heres how manure and chelskis matches should go for us to win it(that is ofcourse if we win all our three remaining games against derby, everton and sunderland)

Code:
[B]Man utd v West Ham[/B] - Westham win or draw(win prefered)
[B]Wigan v Man utd [/B]- Wigan win(or a draw would be enough if United lost to West Ham)
Code:
[B]
Newcastle v Chelsea[/B] - Newcastle win or draw(win prefered)
[B]Chelsea v Bolton[/B] - Bolton win(or a draw if Chelsea lost against Newcastle)

i mean i seriously doubt bolton winning at stamford bridge as they haven't lost a game their for over 80 games but newcastle are revived again under keegan and a win for them wouldn't surprise me...
man utd. have been doin absolutley terrible of lately...they are losing the ball just too easily which ultimately proves to be their downfall...westham did the double against them last season (if i am not mistaken) and they are up for it again this time...wigans pitch was a shambles when arsenal went their so they couldn't play their fluent football and it could be the same for united if it's the same pitch...

so...it's still do able you know:)

well arsenal still have a chance of winning the title(mathematically)...heres how manure and chelskis matches should go for us to win it(that is ofcourse if we win all our three remaining games against derby, everton and sunderland)

Code:
[B]Man utd v West Ham[/B] - Westham win or draw(win prefered)
[B]Wigan v Man utd [/B]- Wigan win(or a draw would be enough if United lost to West Ham)
Code:
[B]
Newcastle v Chelsea[/B] - Newcastle win or draw(win prefered)
[B]Chelsea v Bolton[/B] - Bolton win(or a draw if Chelsea lost against Newcastle)

i mean i seriously doubt bolton winning at stamford bridge as they haven't lost a game their for over 80 games but newcastle are revived again under keegan and a win for them wouldn't surprise me...
man utd. have been doin absolutley terrible of lately...they are losing the ball just too easily which ultimately proves to be their downfall...westham did the double against them last season (if i am not mistaken) and they are up for it again this time...wigans pitch was a shambles when arsenal went their so they couldn't play their fluent football and it could be the same for united if it's the same pitch...

so...it's still do able you know:)

Course it is, it's just highly unlikely, Sir Alex knows how to win a title from this sort of position.

I dont remember bragging like that. All I said was at that time we need some help to hold on to our players and clear our debts and he was capable of doing that.

And although Avram Grant has done well for Chelsea in terms of results, I still dont think he is the right man for the job because I am not sure he has the respect of the players and the dressing room. I think Chelsea have done well (in terms of results) because of the team and the quality we have. I believe a good manager who is able to get the respect of the players will get the best out of the team. He need not necessarily be a big name but yes, experience will be crucial to managing a big squad like ours with so many internationals.

I am really confused with the attitude of you United fans to be honest. There was this time when you mocked me for supporting Chelsea saying stuff like "You'll never win anything" and now after Abramovich came and we did win a few titles you are like "You are supporting them only cuz they won two titles". Seriously, what I am supposed to do? Actually I dont care, you can keep having your opinions. I will still remain a Chelsea fan.

I think your attitude stinks.

If you have been supporting Chelsea for years, then fair enough. It's just the ones who leap onto the bandwagon because they start winning things that annoy me and before anyone asks, I've supported Utd for over twenty years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread