English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle do us no favours so we'll have to beat Wigan to be sure of it. Had a lot of chances though which is good, if Owen had his scoring boots on they could have easily got a draw at least. Carvalho went off but looked like he was just wasting some time.

Newcastle do us no favours so we'll have to beat Wigan to be sure of it. Had a lot of chances though which is good, if Owen had his scoring boots on they could have easily got a draw at least. Carvalho went off but looked like he was just wasting some time.

I thought we really raised our game after halftime and deserved the win at the end. It was good to see Drogba and Ballack combine for the first goal. And as far as Carvalho is concerned, there was really no point in risking him as we need him for the Moscow game.

Down to the last weekend and we need a miracle at the JJB really. With Wigan now already safe, it makes our case even more harder. But I'll actually take finishing level on points with Manure as we have played far worse football but still managed to end up level on points.

Ballack seems to have settled in as our main man in midfield which is a great great sign.

No favours from the Geordies then, couldn't have really expected it. I'm getting nervous about next Sunday already, but if we turn up then we'll win. It would be a victory for football and poetic justice if we win the league on goal difference. Carvalho, unfortunately, will be fine for next week and Moscow.

I am more than slightly worried, but then again it's Utd, so nothing new there! Whatever happens, Chelsea will be more up for the CL final than us. As far as they're concerned, they've got a chance of the title, but if they don't get it, they'll be down, but not as down as us, as we had it in the bag not too long ago, but because of a bad run we've really let them sneak up on us. I hope I'm wrong. Having said that, I think Fergie will know how to fire us up for the final and some of the guys like Scholes, who missed out last time, won't need any firing up.

I'm also a bit concerned about the state of the Wigan pitch, but then again Utd can battle and scrap with the best of them, as well as play the pretty stuff. To all you neutrals, enjoy Sunday.

To my fellow Utd fans: It's squeaky bum time again (where the hell did Fergie get that expression from)!!!

As for Chelsea, credit to them for being able to stick with us, but I think we'll just about shade it.

Then again, we might turn up and whack Wigan all over the park!!!! Who knows? That's what makes footy so damn great!!

COME ON, UTD!!!!!

Last edited:
To my fellow Utd fans: It's squeaky bum time again (where the hell did Fergie get that expression from)!!!
No idea, but I'd say its pretty accurate!

All the ABU's (Anyone But United) are out in force now. One link took me to these stupid United footymad boards, and the Sheffield United fans are out in force, hating United, I mean Sheffield United, come on! Nobody likes us and they should have realised by now that it only spurs us on, I'm sure Fergie's got the siege mentality working with the players.

I think the Premier League will decide the Champions League, whoever wins the league will have the momentum to go on and win the Champions League.

Nobody likes us, everybody hates us, because we live on cups! Big fat silver ones, long thin golden ones, Chelski won't catch up! :D

well it will be a tough trip for Utd...i mean when arsenal went there the pitch was in a absolute terrible state and shouldn't be allowed to play football on...

That's the only thing I'm really worried about, but as I said, Utd know how to grind out a result, as well as play the pretty stuff.

ik...even when they seem to play bad and are losing they somehow get a draw (middlesbrough, blackburn) or when they are drawing they somehow get a win like arsenal...i mean luck just seems to favour them and arsenal has had so much bad luck this season, it's unbeliveable...and you need that extra bit of luck to be a champion

Yes, but we've also had blatent penalties denied against Boro, Blackburn, Barcelona (Away) and Chelsea away.

And there have been countless occasions where Arsenal have got last minute equalisers/winners this season.

Last edited:
are you serious...arsenal have had more penaltie appeals turned down than anyone else and they were penalties as well...and the last minute goals were our own hard work and willingness not to give up and has nothing to do with luck

I still don't know how Brown got away with that handball.

I hate Chelsea more than United, i've always had a softspot for united. If they don't win the league this year then Avram and the Chelsea team should go to prison for robbery. They've been the most boring team in the history of football and scraped 1-0 and 2-0 victories all season with a few exceptions, and really don't deserve the title. If United had had a better start to the season then the title race would have been over months ago.

Stop moaning about decisions! Que sera sera etc. :p

Anyway if all the decisions were correct we'd have the title won by now, Arsenal would be second Everton would be going into the last week a point ahead of Liverpool in 4th and Reading and Birmingham would be long gone.

are you serious...arsenal have had more penaltie appeals turned down than anyone else and they were penalties as well...and the last minute goals were our own hard work and willingness not to give up and has nothing to do with luck
Well why did you mention Boro and Blackburn then?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread