English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they don't and neither do Utd. They both came from behind to beat Arsenal, therefore making them illegible to win anything and their managers must be whipped, blindfolded and shot off a cliff.

I'd just like to say that upon reading a few posts this week, if Chelsea win the title then they'll have deserved to win it because they'll have accumulated more points than anyone else. You can argue their style of football all you want, but if they win it then they deserve it.

You always say this and I always say it is utter crap.

I'd just like to say that upon reading a few posts this week, if Chelsea win the title then they'll have deserved to win it because they'll have accumulated more points than anyone else. You can argue their style of football all you want, but if they win it then they deserve it.

That is true indeed. And its not just in the EPL that we've seen this. Italy dont play the best style of football, but are/were still very much deserved world champions. Even in Serie A this season, Inter havent been very entertaining (compared to last season) whereas teams like Roma and Fiorentina play a far more attacking and exciting brand of footie. But Inter have ended up winning more points and are hence the champions.

So if United win, they deserve it, and I actually think they deserve it a lot more than us. But if we do end up winning you cant say we dont deserve it, because we have won those few games which United managed to draw or lose.

Yeah, if Chelsea win it then they deserve it, however, no matter what happens they haven't been the best side in England over the past year.

Grant's come out and said there should be a play-off, I can guarantee he wouldn't have said this if the roles were reversed.

It'd still be the biggest smash and grab in football history! For the sake of myself and all the Utd boys (and girls if any) here, we have to win the league tomorrow otherwise we won't ever hear the end of it from the Chelski brigade!

Yeah, if Chelsea win it then they deserve it, however, no matter what happens they haven't been the best side in England over the past year.

Grant's come out and said there should be a play-off, I can guarantee he wouldn't have said this if the roles were reversed.

Too damn right!

Last edited:
If you get more points than every other team in the league you are deserved champions. Simple as that.

What about unfairly disallowed goals for the opposition? Poor refereeing? Incredible luck? Unsporting behaviour (not kicking the ball out when a player is injured and going on to score)?

If all decisions were correct this season, Man Utd would be top by 5 points going into the final game: http://www.rightresult.net/

What about unfairly disallowed goals for the opposition? Poor refereeing? Incredible luck? Unsporting behaviour (not kicking the ball out when a player is injured and going on to score)?

If all decisions were correct this season, Man Utd would be top by 5 points going into the final game: http://www.rightresult.net/

Tha's absolute bullcrap. If Arsenal's decisions had gone the right way, we'd have less points!? Plus, we've had more than 3 points taken off us but that's not the point.

EDIT: Got the columns mixed up but that's still a crap site. How do you constitute a bad decision?

And no, it wouldn't be a snatch and grab. Chelsea are boring and ardly set one's imagination alight but they've been remarkably consistent at a time when Utd and Arsenal have dropped points.

It says you'd have more points and it's actually very well done when you read through it, it can't be 100% accurate obviously but it gives you an indication of who's had a lot of luck and who hasn't.

It all comes down to this. After all this time, it's finally going to come to an end. What a ride it's been though. Two absolute giants will play tomorrow, only one will come out victorious. It's bound to be a cracking affair.

Matt's ego vs Culli's ego (more commonly known as Everton vs Newcastle)

It all comes down to this. After all this time, it's finally going to come to an end. What a ride it's been though. Two absolute giants will play tomorrow, only one will come out victorious. It's bound to be a cracking affair.

I think you forgot 'One ring to rule them all' in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread