English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And no, it wouldn't be a snatch and grab.
You're right, it would be a smash and grab:p. I can't think of Arsenal having 3 out of 4 games where they should have been awarded blatent penalties and in the other, the opposition score from a goal which shouldn't have been allowed. The media just decides which stories to go with and people believe anything the press say, Arsenal are media darlings, so of course people will think Arsenal have been hard done to.

It's been a few years since I've been this nervous before a game, last year we won it without kicking a ball, so nerves didn't come into it. This is what it means to have one true club, through thick and thin, instead of supporting several.

Come on United tomorrow, get number 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, enjoy yourself Joe, and a possible pitch invasion if it happens:p.

What about unfairly disallowed goals for the opposition? Poor refereeing? Incredible luck? Unsporting behaviour (not kicking the ball out when a player is injured and going on to score)?

If all decisions were correct this season, Man Utd would be top by 5 points going into the final game: http://www.rightresult.net/

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts then i'd be one fat, unhealthy, obese son of a bitch like culli's mam. The fact is Lee;

If.You.Accumulate.More.Points.Than.Anyone.Else.You.Deserve.To.Win.The.League.

And might I add, it's not unsporting to not kick the ball out of play. You should be aware that it's down to the referee's discretion whether or not to stop play when a player is injured. Now stop being a whore and give Chelsea the respect they deserve. Except for Shevchenko.

It all comes down to this. After all this time, it's finally going to come to an end. What a ride it's been though. Two absolute giants will play tomorrow, only one will come out victorious. It's bound to be a cracking affair.

Matt's ego vs Culli's ego (more commonly known as Everton vs Newcastle)

Ah yes. It's been one 37-game long session of me just hustlin', hustlin' and hustlin', whilst Newcastle have been losin', losin' and losin'. But tomorrow, it's all gonna come down to this; Last minute, 1 goal a piece, Phil Neville has possession of the football, about 40 yards out, BANG!

And Phil Neville signs for Liverpool instead of Gareth Barry, whom we purchase instead and make him our captain and is subsequently dropped from the England squad because he plays for us. Lescott then kicks Capello in the face and Tony Hibbert is made new England manager and he gives himself a well deserved England call up. But then even he realises that he's the most shite right back in the world. Except Culli.

PS - Witter's a nob.

You're right, it would be a smash and grab:p. I can't think of Arsenal having 3 out of 4 games where they should have been awarded blatent penalties and in the other, the opposition score from a goal which shouldn't have been allowed. The media just decides which stories to go with and people believe anything the press say, Arsenal are media darlings, so of course people will think Arsenal have been hard done to.

Should I really go over our bad decisions again? ;)

And trust me, they are sequential.

Yeah you've had some bad ones, but so have we and nobody's picked up on them.

These are the ones that have gone against you in the prem iirc:

Eboue pen at Birmingham
Wrong offside decision against boro
Offside for one of Chelski's goals against you.

I've not included the CL one's as they're nothing to do with the league ones. You've had Adebayor's handball at Old Trafford, and in the early stages of the season I seem to remember you having a few decent decisions go for you. God, thats weird, how long ago does that first day of the season seem, you getting a last minute winner against Fulham and us failing to beat Reading at home.

Anyway, getting sidetracked, here's our decisions that have gone against us:

Blatent pen for handball at Boro
Handball in Arsenal's goal against us
Blatent pen for handball at Blackburn
Blatent pen against Chelsea away

Again, I've missed off the CL ones as they're nothing to do with the league. You could add that Neil could have been sent off last week for grabbing Nani's womenbait.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts then i'd be one fat, unhealthy, obese son of a bitch like culli's mam. The fact is Lee;

If.You.Accumulate.More.Points.Than.Anyone.Else.You.Deserve.To.Win.The.League.

And might I add, it's not unsporting to not kick the ball out of play. You should be aware that it's down to the referee's discretion whether or not to stop play when a player is injured. Now stop being a whore and give Chelsea the respect they deserve. Except for Shevchenko.

If Chelsea become champions, it will represent a sad state of English football. This because a fake, boring team will have stolen the title from a well built, stylish one.

I think the results will be these:

Birmingham City 1-2 Blackburn Rovers (a step too far for the Blues)
Chelsea 1-0 Bolton Wanderers (a resilient Trotters team will be robbed of a point)
Derby County 0-2 Reading (the Royals will make a dash for survival)
Everton 1-1 Newcastle United (two evenly matched teams)
Middlesbrough 0-2 Manchester City (Sven might make one last attempt to keep his job)
Portsmouth 1-0 Fulham (Pompey could pull their fingers out and send Fulham down)
Sunderland 0-1 Arsenal (the Gunners could sneak a final day win)
Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Liverpool (a tight game)
West Ham United 1-2 Aston Villa (the Villans to secure the Intertoto Cup place)
Wigan Athletic 0-2 Manchester United (the Red Devils to clinch a deserved title)

This would send Birmingham and Fulham down.

Come on United, they really deserve to win the title, and i'm really looking forward to watching the game today. Chelsea have been a revived team since the African Nations though, and have done remarkably well to get back in it. United really deserve to win the title though, Chelski have been the most boring team to ever do well in the league, with a manager uglier than Iain Dowie's parents, if they win the league it's robbery. COME ON UNITED !!

If Chelsea become champions, it will represent a sad state of English football. This because a fake, boring team will have stolen the title from a well built, stylish one.

They'll have still deserved it. Who cares if they're boring, they win games. I'm sure if Norwich played the most boring football ever but won the Premier League you wouldn't be complaining. Good luck to both teams, but I hope Chelsea pull it off.

They'll have still deserved it. Who cares if they're boring, they win games. I'm sure if Norwich played the most boring football ever but won the Premier League you wouldn't be complaining. Good luck to both teams, but I hope Chelsea pull it off.

Unfortunately I will never have the chance to complain about it!

Boring teams DO NOT deserve to win trophies.

It's been a few years since I've been this nervous before a game, last year we won it without kicking a ball, so nerves didn't come into it. This is what it means to have one true club, through thick and thin, instead of supporting several.

Come on United tomorrow, get number 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, enjoy yourself Joe, and a possible pitch invasion if it happens:p.

Probably not as nervous as you, simply because the title isnt in our hands and we are more ready to accept that 2nd place, since we have been chasing for most part of the season.

But I know exactly how nervous you are and it would be something similiar to how nervous i was before the last game of the 2002-03 premiership season when both chelsea and liverpool are were locked on the same points, and fighting for the fourth and final CL spot. That time we dint know Roman was coming so CL qualification was extremely crucial for us. We could have ended up losing fourth to Liverpool after having to held on to it for so long. You are definately more nervous when you lose something, and for united that would be top spot after staying there for so long.

but I hope Chelsea pull it off.
I can understand that if it's because of the rivalry between us and you scousers, I'd be the same. If it's because of Chelsea coming back and being consistent I can't understand it however. If Chelski win the league, then they deserve it, more points = deserved, however, whatever happens, we've been the best team over the year.

Nerves are kicking in even more now, what the hell, we're Manchester United and we'll never die!

Ah yes. It's been one 37-game long session of me just hustlin', hustlin' and hustlin', whilst Newcastle have been losin', losin' and losin'. But tomorrow, it's all gonna come down to this; Last minute, 1 goal a piece, Phil Neville has possession of the football, about 40 yards out, BANG!

And Phil Neville signs for Liverpool instead of Gareth Barry, whom we purchase instead and make him our captain and is subsequently dropped from the England squad because he plays for us. Lescott then kicks Capello in the face and Tony Hibbert is made new England manager and he gives himself a well deserved England call up. But then even he realises that he's the most shite right back in the world. Except Culli.

PS - Witter's a nob.

You brought it to life. :eek:

I only want Chelsea to win the league because I saw Michael Ballack in London the other week and went all trembly at the knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread