English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Chelsea more than United, i've always had a softspot for united. If they don't win the league this year then Avram and the Chelsea team should go to prison for robbery. They've been the most boring team in the history of football and scraped 1-0 and 2-0 victories all season with a few exceptions, and really don't deserve the title.

Agreed but like I said before even after playing such ordinary football we still end up being level on points with United who have been so much better. So any improvement will put us ahead.

And if Arsenal hadn't capitulated in March, they'd be leading by at least 5 points but it doesn't always happen that way.

But if United were better at the start of the season you'd be nowhere near them. You're only near them because of their awful start to the season. If Rooney and Tevez had clicked from the start, and if Ronaldo wasn't out, you'd be nowhere near United right now.

You say that as if they were the only ones to lose key players. I can assure you that 4 points from 15 is a worse form record than United's at the start.

What if VP had stayed fit? Or Rosicky had played instead of Eboue? We were top for a reason not just because United suffered a poor start.

Will, you've got to keep it up throughout the season though, we've done that and in fairness Chelsea have too. Scholes was out for 3 months and Rooney has missed quite a few games, City (Away), Bolton (Away), City (Home), West Ham (away) and at Chelsea he came off at 1-1. All those games we lost. If we had made a better start, we would have been top after that game in the Emirates in November where you won the world cup. Tevez wasn't settled at the start, Rooney broke his foot, while Ronaldo was suspended for three games.

The thing is; you have the squad depth to deal with those injuries so we were arguably more affected. Plus, you only dropped 7 points in that poor 3 game period against Reading, City and Portsmouth while we dropped 11 in the 5 game period from Feb-March. Plus, Van Persie and Rosicky who we haven't been able to replace have been gone for months.

I agree about consistency but we've haven't gradually let our slip go, it all happened in one poor, long period.

Fair enough, I agree and you say about the squad, it's a squad game though now with all the competitions. Unless Wenger gets 3 or 4 names in this summer, you'll be nearly men again.

The only positive I can find from Flamini's departure is it happened in May rather than August so Wenger has all the time and money he wants to bring in 1 or 2 midfielders. Plus, he's shown the intention to buy a defender.

Hopefully, we will strengthen our squad cos that's where we failed this season.

But if United were better at the start of the season you'd be nowhere near them. You're only near them because of their awful start to the season. If Rooney and Tevez had clicked from the start, and if Ronaldo wasn't out, you'd be nowhere near United right now.

Unfortunately Football (or anything else for that matter) doesnt work on Ifs and Buts.

The thing is; you have the squad depth to deal with those injuries so we were arguably more affected.

I remember mentioning this before the start of the season. You need a decent squad depth if you want to concentrate on both the league and in Europe.

Last edited:
I've just got to say that City are a bunch of retards! They've had the best season for ages and now they're going to get rid of Sven! I mean, what did they expect, the Premier League title?

Oh well, now they can go back to being relegation fodder! :p

yup beat their bitter rivals twics n all...that owners of there is mad...doesn't care about football but about the money like all the other who have come in...

Grant's been taking a sip out of his wife's drink, he seriously thinks Chelsea have played better football over the last month, I mean we haven't been great, but we've been better than that. Fergie seems relaxed which is always a good sign.

I actually think Arsenal have picked up their game coming towards the end of the seaosn. Granted, we're not playing the biggest teams but at least we're no longer drawing.

I'd just like to say that upon reading a few posts this week, if Chelsea win the title then they'll have deserved to win it because they'll have accumulated more points than anyone else. You can argue their style of football all you want, but if they win it then they deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread