English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks really funny, those pathetic little tea-mugs sitting alongside the Mighty Man Utd's double!!! That picture made me lol! :rtfl

Last edited:
The treatment of Grant by Chelsea and their fans has been appalling, it's got you a damn sight closer to winning the champions league than Mourinho ever did, he took you to the last day of the league with a chance of winning it as well as the final of the league cup. It seems people were just set against him from the start because he wasn't Mourinho.

Feel sorry for him, can't see what he's done wrong? He's also remained dignified and kept at his business. He's better out of a club managed and generally supported by people who are clueless and classless.

The arrogance Abramovich has, any manager who doesn't win the Champions League gets the sack, perhaps he should look at what we and also Arsenal are doing with young players, and building a side.

Imo, Chelsea shouldnt have sacked Mourinho in the first place. Like I said before, I dont know how much of role Avram played in Chelsea's return to form in the latter part of the season.

If I am correct, Mourinho was sacked not because of Chelsea's poor start to the season, but because of his style of play. But Grant dint change that much as well, which again makes me wonder if he actually did anything.

I think Chelsea's return to form has more to do with the fact that the big players like Ballack, Lampard and Drogba started performing again.

Shouldnt have sacked Mourinho in the first place, as he was going to win the Champions League eventually. Now they will get someone who will have to start from scratch.

I think Chelsea's return to form has more to do with the fact that the big players like Ballack, Lampard and Drogba started performing again.
Maybe that was down to Grant. They didn't have to start from scratch with him, he knew the club set up and players. As for Grant not changing much, why change a winning formula?

I'm still waiting to know what he did wrong.

Maybe that was down to Grant. They didn't have to start from scratch with him, he knew the club set up and players. As for Grant not changing much, why change a winning formula?

I'm still waiting to know what he did wrong.

All three of them have spoken against Grant, especially in the beginning. It was only later on, where I am certain the board stepped in, did we hear about the players backing Grant.

Maybe he dint do anything wrong, but maybe he dint do anything. He was just a representative more than an actual manager.

Imagine if we'd had sacked Fergie after not winning anything for the first 4 years. You can't question someone who has taken the team to a CL final and the title race to the last day when they looked completely out of it. It's not fair when Mourinho is there to say its down to him and then when Grant does something similar then its down to the players. You're now taking anyway any credit for Mourinho really.

Grant isn't Mourinho. Simple as. Unless he did amazing things i.e the Treble (which, theoretically, they got to the final of all three, excluding the FA Cup) he was always gonna go.

Chelsea played the same style of football but the only thing that changed is that their trophy cabinet for 2007/08 was empty. There's no loyalty in football so Grant shouldn't have expected any.

Wenger has won 1 FA Cup in 4 years, you don't see Arsenal fans wanting to get rid of him. Rightly so btw.

That's cos Wenger has changed everything for the better. Apart from maybe the amount of English talent but he is trying to rectify that (not that he shoudl rush anything).

The thing with Grant is that he is a nobody who replaced Mourinho. Even if he had won the Prem or CL, we still would have gone. He promised the fans and Abramovich attacking football but that never happened. If Chelsea are gonna play the same way as always, they might as well bring in a big name like Rijkaard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread