English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's cos Wenger has changed everything for the better. Apart from maybe the amount of English talent but he is trying to rectify that (not that he shoudl rush anything).

The thing with Grant is that he is a nobody who replaced Mourinho. Even if he had won the Prem or CL, we still would have gone. He promised the fans and Abramovich attacking football but that never happened. If Chelsea are gonna play the same way as always, they might as well bring in a big name like Rijkaard.
:eek:

PC forumista in Grant shock!

No! I've been caught out! I admit, I'm a closet Chelsea fan. While we're getting things off our chests, I love Tottenham. Yes, their modesty is refreshing.

And I'm changing this avvie cos everytime I read one of my own posts, I think it's someone else who posted it.

Predictions
England 4-1 USA
Boo the us anthem, don't agree with it normally but it annoys Joe Cortez who was crap in Hattons fight so they should be allowed.

Leicester Fox added 23 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Rooney looks so much more of a threat playing just off a proper striker like he should do all the time. Admittedly he doesn't do that with Tevez but those 2 are so good they can work together. Not so sure about Gerrard on the left but he seems to swap with Rooney and they work quite well. Would like to see Wallcott play with Rooney up front, think they could work well.

Boring game. As Capello says Rooney needs to stop going back and defending all the time, he's an attacker so stay up front. Linked up quite well with Gerrard though.

I really hope Capello stays with the same side for the next few games, get them playing like a team. Why the hell we're off to the west indies or wherever I don't know, this isn't cricket, why not go to Africa where we're actually going to be playing in the world cup if we qualify, get used to conditions, but oh no, that would be logical and it wouldn't be a very nice place for that fat scouse twat Brian Barwick to stay would it, not like a nice sunny beach in Trinidad.

I'd rather have watched The Apprentice. That's how bored i was with the game. We won, but it wasn't a great game, Rooney and Gerrard played well though.

What was the point in bringing the likes of Jagielka, Ashton, Weater and Agbonlahor along if he was only going to try out the players who he knows are good anyway? Surely the whole point of a friendly is to try out those players who are unknown at international level and justify their selection? It's something that Sven actually did right.

ik...i wanted to see all the people who haven't been able to play so far...the likes of walcott, ashton, jageilka etc...i think he will try them out on sunday though...

great finish by gerrard great ball from barry, wierd to see rooney and terry celebrating his goal together after CL final

great finish by gerrard great ball from barry, wierd to see rooney and terry celebrating his goal together after CL final

Domestic differences are almost always cast aside when it comes to Internationals. I think national pride is greater than club pride for most players, no matter how bitter the rivalry.

If Ferguson and Queerass get away with their comments, I'll rip off my testicles and hurl them in the shredder. How could they posibly get away scot-free after personally attacking the referee and Keith Hackett!?

Great performance by England. Two good goals, defended well, created chances, kept the ball well, didn't make many mistakes etc. It was quite a good game I think, can't ask more of players who have played a 40-50 match season.

It was ok, but to really send a message to the world, we need to whack teams like the USA and really hold our own against one of the big boys. I'm still not convinced about Signore Capello, at least he can speak English in the post match chats now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread