English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was his first season, so he was probably unsettled for the earlier part. He has settled now and should come out firing come the new season.

Don't be daft William. m_vaughan is far more knowledgable about football than you and every one of us mere mortals. If he says Ballack ha sonly been at Chelski for a season then he's only been there for a season.

To be fair, supporting 56 teams makes it difficult to keep track of them. The more successful ones should get the most attention IMO

LOL goodbye Keegan.
Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has increased the pressure on Kevin Keegan by insisting his side should be capable of competing with the Premier League's top four.

Recent speculation has suggested Ashley is considering selling the club while other reports claimed the sportswear magnate fell out with Keegan towards the end of last season after the manager insisted his side had no chance of competing with the so-called 'big four'.

Keegan has only signed Jonas Gutierrez and Danny Guthrie so far this summer but Ashley insists the likes of Newcastle should be able to put up a fight against Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

"The top four have enormous resources but over time it must be possible to compete with them," Ashley is quoted as saying in The Sun.

"I've invested £250million ($A538m) in Newcastle and so that and European nights of football must be the dream.

"Compared with some of the other owners in the Premier League, I may be a middleweight taking on heavyweights but I'm building the boxer up."
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/english-premier-league/pressure-mounts-on-keegan-125422/

Bullshite. Lazy journalism. There hadn't been an 'Ashley vs Keegan' story around for a while. I think the journos were getting a bit cold on Newcastle stories so they come out with this shite.

We started the conference North season with a hard fought 1-1 draw at Home to Tamworth. Heard we didn't play that good and a hit and hope for our defender got us our point! :laugh

Have him lol Scored on his debut in a friendly against Sampdoria then did feck all. I've heard we've offered you cash, 2 players (one including Smith) for Arteta.

I don't want Smith, he's a dick. But we haven't signed anyone yet and i'm getting desperate. I'd take Titus Bramble right about now.

Arteta's going nowehere. He doesn't suit black and white. He's far too beautiful.

We looked solid in our 2-1 win against Valencia today. I'm convinced that Gutierrez will be a quality signing for us. He's the sort of player we've missed the last few seasons. A player who will drive at defenders and has a lightening change of pace. Looking forward to the new season.

Matt, get on msn.

Smith gives it all, like him for the way he won around a lot of United fans by putting in 100%, after his Leeds connections. However, he's now not good enough for the top half of the league, he was certainly a better player before his leg break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread