English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, I didn't allow for the fact that our guys are tired while their season has just started hasn't it? Ok, I'll hold judgement until the WC Qualifiers. That's depressing, no more competitive England football until then....Damn Mc Donut!

That's depressing, no more competitive England football until then.
Isn't that exciting?:p Less of the press building us up and the flags on the car windows:D. I can't wait for August, but at the moment I think I'm still recovering from the stress of watching United make it hard for ourselves:p.

Yeah, Fergie would be a bit lucky to escape with nothing, but who cares:p. Anyway, whenever a player is banned from one of these independent boards, the FA says its out of their hands and it wasn't down to them, now its happened to them, they have the right to appeal. I just imagine the face on Barwick and smile:D.

I like the feel-good factor that always appears at these tournaments (until England get knocked out). It's going to be like the WC in USA (94 I think it was), all flat and lifeless, instead of England flags waving everywhere.

Bloody hell, they can't be serious??? Newcastle should reject such a bid out of hand, English football wants nothing to do with the families of terrorists!

My Money Is One Chelsea Once Again... But I Don't See Why They Bought Deco. He Is 31 And This Could Cuz Lampard To Leave For Sure If Not This Season The Next. Deco Is Goin Cause Probs, I Dont See Him Playing While Ballack Or Lampard Are On The Bench... Scolari Appears To Want To Play A 4-5-1 Formation

My Predictions: Chelsea For The League
Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U For Quarter Finals In Champions League
Portsmouth And Everton For Uefa
Fulham,reading And Birmingham To Be Relegated

Emirates cup starts Saturday. First chance I'll get to see Arsenal live. I had tickets last year but no such luck this time.

Credit to Juve, they played it like a textbook CL game. Real first test for the youngsters. It's frightening how poor the likes of Djourou and Hoyte are compare to Gallas and Sagna.

Chelski won't win the league. If Lampard goes, they're stuffed and Deco will be a flop. :)

Rubbish. Chelsea can win the league with or without Lampard and have better players in the squad.

Good win against Milan at Moscow as well.

@Emirates Cup - Real lost to Arsenal but it was close. Also the general play was random. Since its only preseason its no big deal in the end. But what the hell, congratulations to Hamburg! Bundesliga is certainly on the rise.

Seems Aebayor has left his shooting boots off this season too.

Rubbish. Chelsea can win the league with or without Lampard and have better players in the squad.

Good win against Milan at Moscow as well.

@Emirates Cup - Real lost to Arsenal but it was close. Also the general play was random. Since its only preseason its no big deal in the end. But what the hell, congratulations to Hamburg! Bundesliga is certainly on the rise.

Better, settled players? Or guys who have just arrived and are a completely unknown quantity?

My point being Michael Ballack being miles better than Frank Lampard, and being a far more settled player now than he was last season. He was brilliant towards the end of last season, during which Chelsea played their best football and looked deadly.

Yep, and for the rest of the season, he was rubbish. Even when he wasn't carrying an injury!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread