English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has had his time at the highest level - he wouldn't make an impact half as good as that in the Premiership.

Good player when he was at Leeds, then never really fulfilled his potential to be one of the best players in the world.

Because injuries stopped that.

Harry Kewell was always a waste of space for Liverpool. He'd gone from a big fish at Leeds to a lazy waste of talent at Pool.

The problem with him joining Arsenal or United is that neither of them wanted him. Kewell in fact said that he'd rather play for Liverpool than United because, "Liverpool have more chance of winning Premiership titles than United".

The problem with him joining Arsenal or United is that neither of them wanted him. Kewell in fact said that he'd rather play for Liverpool than United because, "Liverpool have more chance of winning Premiership titles than United".

What do you mean neither of them wanted him? Kewell moved to Liverpool for the start of the 2003-04 season, reportedly snubbing an offer from Manchester United. Kewell had been offered higher wages and Champions League football from some of Europe's biggest clubs including Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United as well as AC Milan, FC Barcelona and Real Madrid but eventually chose Liverpool, the club he followed as a boy.

There's a difference between reported interest and actually making a bid. Liverpool were the only team who went in for him in the end.

I know football and when a team makes an official bid for a player it goes to press as official news. You see it ever day in the papers and on transfer rumour websites where thousands of players are linked with thousands of clubs i'd say only about 5-10% of their reported 'deals' actually exist and go through.

You don't have to be an agent to know that. And are you Harry Kewell's agent? What a stupid point.

He snubbed an offer for Manchester United. Everyone knows that!

cricketdudemad added 6 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Basically thats when Abramovich bought the club. Also when one of the club's best players, Gianfranco Zola, left the Bridge.
I would of known that in grade 3?

Real Madrid NEVER wanted Harry Kewell.

According to me, he was only good at Leeds and highly disappointing since. Injuries could have hampered his game, but he hardly put any effort.

Injuries can't be used as an excuse for being awful for five years. United had reported interest, but as Matt says thats very different to a proper bid. I still like his comment "United are on the way down, while Liverpool are on the way up":D. The fact that at the time when he said that, we'd just won the league and Liverpool had missed out on a Champions League spot!

I'm not really bothered what they'd do, the chances are the match would be fixed anyway!

Just to add another thing, at least with Rio being the one of the best (personally I think he is the best) centre backs in the world at the moment, and so is assured his place in the team unlike braveheart.

Can't imagine how funny other international teams are finding this:p.

Quote from Cabbage man: "The big personality of John was the reason I chose John but Rio is very important to the team." Ah yes, I love that brave, strong, courageous "JT", man with a massive heart, he didnt really blub in Moscow, his strength made tears appear! It doesn't matter that he's done these things in the past:

• Taunted 9/11 victims
  • Parked in disabled spaces
  • spat at fellow footballers
  • Shouted racist abuse at other players
  • Bottled the biggest moment he'll ever get on a football pitch and cried and cried (did someone say brave?)

As well as being the joint most overrated footballer in the world (alongside Lampard of course, btw I've heard Terry has dedicated it to Pat).

Yeah I know I've gone on a rant, but its a joke.

The Italian example would be mirrored around the world. But what you've just said about Terry, I had no idea he'd taunted 9/11 victims! That's an absolute disgrace.

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Yeps, because Liverpool have won way more Premiership titles than us, haven't they? We'll even overtake them for the amount of league titles won overall very shortly! What an idiot Kewell was for saying that. Anyway, he wasn't good enough to play for Utd and now he's gone to Turkey, his career at the highest level is over.

So much for England's new era under Capello. He's basically picking the same team that Sven and Steve picked. How can no England manager realise that LAMPARD AND GERRARD CANNOT EFFING PLAY TOGETHER! And the fact that Joe Cole started on the bench is laughable. I know it's a friendly and all, but it looked as if Fabio set out to win this with a full strength starting XI and i'm sorry, but an England starting XI with Defoe in it and Joe Cole not in it is laughable.

Have to say well played to Wes Brown as well. People on 606 were slagging him off but he was the best player on the pitch. Showed mroe heart than anybody else. Yes that includes you Mr "i'm amazing for Liverpool so i'll try 70 yard wonder passes all the time that never actually reach their target" Gerrard.

/rant

I'd like to see some evidence of JT taunting 9/11 victims.

As for England tonight? Not sure how we got a draw out of it. Lampard was poor, as was Gerrard. Mind you, the latter has been injured lately.

My ideal England front 6 would be something like.

Hargreaves, Gerrard, Beckham, Joe Cole and Heskey and Owen/Defoe upfront. We need a big man up front. Crouch isn't good enough in the air to accommodate that role. Heskey is a much under-rated player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread