English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
can't believe liverpool won that but if with a pretty full squad you're struggling against Boro I'm not exactly worried about the title threat from Liverpool yet.

Start of the season, and definitely they arent playing at their highest level. But then they are capable of doing that for an entire season.

Liverpool will not win the league.

YHIHF. Annoying that they won today, but anyone remember them celebrating the treble after beating Derby 5-0 last September?;)

Exactly! They just don't got the staying power...

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

good to see Liverpool Win that game after being 1-0 down
and they are 1st now...Hope they say there

Yes and England will do the 2010/2012 World Cup/Euros double. :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/aug/23/manchestercity.premierleague

What an utter nob Garry Cook is! Will just pick out some key parts:

"There would be a "heated debate" if Hughes objected [to any signings]".

"China and India, 30% of the world population, need a league to watch and we want Manchester City to be their club. To do that, we need a superstar..."

"...no disrespect, Richard Dunne doesn't roll off the tongue in Beijing. Everyone's for sale. If they want to stay at this club they will have to aspire to it."

"You look at our brand and it's Thomas Cook. There's something not quite right about watching us in a bar in Beijing or Bangkok or Tokyo and seeing "Fred Smith's Plumbing, call 0161 ..."

"A side of ex-players won the Masters tournament 'using our name and our badge when they had nothing to do with us - then, lo and behold, we congratulate them in the programme...what are they doing using our name?"

"He's embroiled in a political process and I've chosen to stay out of it. Is he a nice guy? Yes. Is he a great guy to play golf with? Yes. Does he have plenty of money to run a football club? Yes. I really care only about those three things. Whether he [Thaksin] is guilty of something over in Thailand, I can't worry."

I'm in utter disbelief at some of those quotes! How pissed off will Richard Dunne feel? The likes of Cook are ruining football.

--------------------

Also, anyone hear Andy Gray today, always correct that man, City's Holy Trinity, "Elano, Ireland and Corluka". IMHO, they put Best, Law and Charlton to shame.

Corluka?! I'd have Hibbert anyday. Just because Spurs were interested in him for a bit City fans seem to think he's class now.

Oh yeah and Ireland?! Lmao, he just looks ridiculous with that bald head.

WE'VE SIGNED SOMEONE! :D

Admittedly it's some no mark danish fella on a free, but a signings a signing and it's about damn time! Time for SWP to join now if cfcuk is to be believed.

We'll drop points tonight, its Pompey's cup final every year after they laid down and died against Chelsea last week. They do it every year to us, file with Boro and Blackburn, expect a 90th minute equaliser or winner for them.

very important result tonight. Hope we lose the super cup and get in a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread