English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll drop points tonight, its Pompey's cup final every year after they laid down and died against Chelsea last week. They do it every year to us, file with Boro and Blackburn, expect a 90th minute equaliser or winner for them.

Thankfully, you were wrong! A nice performance by the lads, Portsmouth gave us few problems. Is this the year that Fletcher really grabs his chance? Tevez, Rooney, Anderson and Scholes were all class as well.

Aye, luckily I was:D.

Anderson was absolute quality! Gonna be world class in a few years, he'd only just come back from Beijing yesterday! Rooney performed too which was good to see, Tevez - brilliant and top class from Evra too! Possebon looked tidy.

What about Andy Gray!? "Rooney didn't get the ball so it can't be a penalty". Does that mean you are allowed to scythe people down off the ball without punishment then?

United fans sounded quality tonight! The possebon song I've posted in the chants thread, "Champions of England - Champions of Europe!" lasted ages too, as well as "forever and ever", "we've won it three times...". Portsmouth came out with their usual load of nonsense like "we support our local team":rolleyes:, but unfortunately that is a sign of the way football is going.

Didn't look like champions? Going to Fratton Park and completely dominating the game in one of the most one-sided 1-0's you're ever likely to see. Champions.

Marvellous Deco - 2 goals
Fletcher - 2 goals

MOTWYW.

Last edited:
Aye, luckily I was:D.

Anderson was absolute quality! Gonna be world class in a few years, he'd only just come back from Beijing yesterday! Rooney performed too which was good to see, Tevez - brilliant and top class from Evra too! Possebon looked tidy.

What about Andy Gray!? "Rooney didn't get the ball so it can't be a penalty". Does that mean you are allowed to scythe people down off the ball without punishment then?

United fans sounded quality tonight! The possebon song I've posted in the chants thread, "Champions of England - Champions of Europe!" lasted ages too, as well as "forever and ever", "we've won it three times...". Portsmouth came out with their usual load of nonsense like "we support our local team":rolleyes:, but unfortunately that is a sign of the way football is going.

Like the Vidic 'tackle' on Gutierrez went unpunished?

Like the Vidic 'tackle' on Gutierrez went unpunished?
Shoulder barge, but that wasn't my point (that was on the ball). My point was that football expert Andy Gray thinks people should be allowed to do anything to other players when they're not near the ball.

Gutierrez wasn't on the ball, he knocked it in front of him and took the tackle from Vidic cos he knew it was gonna be clumsy, that's a foul whichever spin you put on it. Maybe not at Old Trafford ;) Come on msn Phil.

Didn't Gutierrez's shoulder go towards Vidic just like Vidic's went towards Gutierrez's though?

The Gutierrez incident was "on the ball" as he was still the player that had control of the ball.

As for the myth about penalties at OT, tomorrow I'll go through some recent ones:p.

Can't now, and the same for msn, college enrolment tomorrow morning.:cool:

Didn't look like Champions.

Didn't look like champions until we were a good five or six games into the season last year as well. Got the idea?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Didn't Gutierrez's shoulder go towards Vidic just like Vidic's went towards Gutierrez's though?

The Gutierrez incident was "on the ball" as he was still the player that had control of the ball.

As for the myth about penalties at OT, tomorrow I'll go through some recent ones:p.

Can't now, and the same for msn, college enrolment tomorrow morning.:cool:

Same here, fed up of just drifting along and I'm not as young as I was (!) I'm going for a IPRO Diploma Level 2 for IT Practitioners (Systems Support). So, I'm going to learn how to build PCs and upgrade them, learn networking and so on. I phoned E-Skills UK and they said that I'd be able to get work as an apprentice, or carry on to level three. I'll have to see how it goes. Don't have to go until the afternoon though.

Edit: Sorry about the drift into off-topic land. :)

Last edited:
Bloody hell, Man Utd fans don't half get protective. Must be dizzy over the smell of plastic.

Just fed up of ABU myths getting in the way of the truth.

Now, I've got a bit of time, onto penalties at Old Trafford, lets look at the last two years, when if this happened it would be the most prominent as we've been successful.

06/07:

Arsenal given penalty at Old Trafford
Wigan given penalty at Old Trafford
Bolton given penalty at Old Trafford

07/08:

Portsmouth given penalty at Old Trafford
Roma given penalty at Old Trafford
Arsenal given penalty at Old Trafford

There, thats quite a lot, maybe teams would have a few more if they actually decided to venture into the United penalty box once in a while, of course that gets forgotten, why let facts get in the way of a good myth.

I'll have a look at other clubs afterwards, got to go now, Arsenal didn't concede any penalties at home last season btw.

The only thing that bothered me about last night is that Chelsea got slated for playing defensive after going a goal up against Wigan on Sunday yet United did the same thing yesterday and nothing's said of it. I've no problem with any team playing defensive away from home, but I find it strange that United fans have sort of mythical 'ABU' belief when the British media has blatant bias towards Mancester United and Liverpool.

It doesn't matter how much of a spin you put on it Phil, there are an insane amount of penalties turned down at Old Trafford for visting teams. Newcastle could have easily had 2 or 3 last week with at least 1 of them being stonewall.

Rarely venture into these parts,

But thanks to Fletcher, i have myself 17 quid :D off 1 pound!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread