English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only negative of course is that even if Bullard scores 20 and gets 50 assists in the two games he'd still be discarded in favour of Gerrard. Because no one can ever drop the mighty Steven Gerrard despite him not playing well for England for about 3 years.

Bullard will play a blinder in each of the games. Mark my words. As will Ashley Cole as well, but he always does. About the only consistently good performer for England along with Jospehine Cole as well.

It's good that Bullard and Lescott have been selected. I still don't know why Capello selects Walcott. He doesn't play regularly for Arsenal and other than pace he hasn't got anything.

I still don't know why Capello selects Walcott. He doesn't play regularly for Arsenal and other than pace he hasn't got anything.

For someone who supposedly follows English football, that's a very weak statement.

As much as I love the Bullard selection, the rest of the selections are somewhat weird. First of all, no Agbonlahor, no Ashley Young, no Wheater? What gives? Secondly, Paul Robinson shouldn't be there and thirdly why Lescott's inclusion? Now I love Lescott, but he's been below par so far this season and he was woeful against Pompey yesterday. I don't know why he's been selected ahead of the likes of Woodgate and Wheater. Rodwell and Baines deserve to be in the England squad more than Lescott.

But anyway, everyone bow down to Bullard. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding my comment above, I agree that other than pace he does't have much but he's played in every game he's been fit for Arsenal this season.

He still deserves his place more than Heskey. How he's beaten Ashton, Agbonlahor and me to a call-up is beyond me.

Regarding my comment above, I agree that other than pace he does't have much but he's played in every game he's been fit for Arsenal this season.

Ok fair enough, I thought he was still a benchwarmer but his inclusion in the squad is still questionable.

Dr. Pepper added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

AHAHAHA! Just seen that video Matt posted!

Walcott is a quality player. I have no problem whatsoever with his inclusion. I don't see how Heskey keeps getting picked though.

Rooney and Defoe upfront. Simple.

Heskey's a target man and holds it up well. He does Rooney's job with less skill.

I've just realised why England play such crap football. Our 2 CMs play for the 2 most boring sides in the PL and Barry has no pace. Therefore, our only flair's coming from Joe Cole on the left and Rooney upfront.

This side will beat Croatio;

Hart

Johnson
Terry
Ferdinand
Cole

Young
Barry
Bullard
Cole

Rooney
Agbonlahor

Just a shame Capello doesn't pick the two Villa players.

Reo-Coker was excellent against Liverpool today as well.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Capello seems almost as clueless as McClaren - we have played just as badly if not worse under Capello.

Green, Bullard and Walcott are good selections, but we will no doubt just go with the same old lineup like:

-----------------James--------------------
-------------------------------------------
----Brown----Terry---Ferdinand----A.Cole--
-------------------Barry-------------------
----Beckham--------------------J.Cole-----
------------------Lampard-----------------
-------------Rooney-----------------------
----------------------Defoe---------------

Also Matt, I don't think video game footage is classed as copyright in the same way real football footage is. ;).

I've been disappointed with Capello's attitude, I thought he'd come in and kick some arses! You know, drop players who haven't performed for ages (stand up, Mr Lampard) and try some new, young players! Instead, he's just picked the same boring lineup, just the same as Mc Donut.

Edit: Also, well done the linesman at the Chelsea game. If he'd seen that Joe Cole was clearly offside and interfering with play, then Chelsea's long unbeaten home record would've gone today, the corner that led to the goal would never have happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread